cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 days 12 hours and 36 minutes before support ticket is answered

wanderyonder
Grafter

3 days 12 hours and 36 minutes before support ticket is answered

It has taken an inexcusably long time for Plusnet to respond to a Help Assistant ticket which I had raised last week.
At 6 o'clock last Wednesday evening, I raised a ticket for Plusnet to request that my domain name is transferred to Plusnet on a hosting-only basis.  The relevant support page http://www.plus.net/support/hosting/domains/domainin.shtml told me that my domain would be up and running with Plusnet within 8-12 hours after my request is processed.
However, when I actually submitted my ticket, I was astounded that the website informed me that waiting times for a support staff to answer was 1 day 2 hours!
In the end it took 3 days 12 hours and 36 minutes before I got a response from a support staff member.  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
(In the response, this person told me the domain would be up and running within 12-24 hours - contradicting the support page timescale above.  My domain is now up and running.)
This is an unacceptable delay before a support staff response.  This is not what I became a customer of Plusnet for. I expected superior standards than this.  And it leaves me with no confidence that, should I ever have an urgent connection issue, it would be dealt with promptly. I read here of the customer service problems created by Plusnet's current marketing drive.  But what is the point in quoting response timescales, if they are not even going to be remotely met?!  Why were Plusnet so far out?
3 REPLIES 3
mitchell20
Grafter

Re: 3 days 12 hours and 36 minutes before support ticket is answered

It's a well know fact, that posting on here will get better results than phoning or raising a ticket.  It's always been that way with Plus Net.
TicnTac
Grafter

It is also a well known fact that if you want a quick response, go business, if you want great support or customer service, then you have to pay 3 or 4 times more than you are paying now. Despite the 'award winning customer support'  Roll_eyes This is a cheap no frills broadband provider stonewalled and governed by British Telecom . same old same old I'm afraid!  Smiley
However, by posting here you will find it great fun, however (and yes I am having a dig) some problems can take a while  Roll_eyes
Have fun! Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

wanderyonder,
The timescale you quoted was actually close to the average at the time posted here: http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212 I apologise if anyone you spoke to did set your expectations differently. Please let me know if there are any outstanding issues that need to be looked at.

It's a well know fact, that posting on here will get better results than phoning or raising a ticket

Please contact support first if you can, we've no issues stepping in if you experience any issues in doing so.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team