cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Week and still haven't heard from PlusNet

tpbarratt

3 Week and still haven't heard from PlusNet

Hello,
We decided to switch on the November 11th from BT infinity. Its been almost 3 weeks now and we haven't seen our order progress; no telephone contact, e-mail or texts. We was told it would take 5-7 days for the broadband and 2-3 weeks for the telephone.
If a member of staff could please advise what is happening it would be greatly appreciated.
tpbarrat
10 REPLIES 10
tpbarratt

Re: 3 Week and still haven't heard from PlusNet

I contacted your call center and they corrected the issue - order had been stuck in the "processing stage" and a kind representative manually entered my order to the next stage. I will keep this thread up to date with my order progress.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Really sorry to hear about the issue with your order.
I'm happy to step in if there's any issues remaining that need to be dealt with.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tpbarratt

Hi Adam,
Just an update. I have been on Plusnet now for over a month.
Service is fantastic however BT still have me at the "pending transfer" on their broadband service. As a result BT have charged me for broadband last month  >:(. I was told that Plusnet should have handled this for me on the switch over. We need to correct this immediately to prevent any further charges to my BT account.
Best regards
spickering
Grafter

Hi Tpbarratt
I can see that you have called in after posting this, the agent has provided all the required order references to show that the service came over to us. This should be sufficient for the old supplier to stop charging, please do let us know though if they require anything further.
Stuart
tpbarratt

Hi,
Unfortunately the information was not relevant.
The problems lies with Plusnet and the Advice of Transfer of my broadband line. BT received the AoT from Plusnet for my broadband line HOWEVER Plusnet have not completed it. The AoT is still open and as a result BT have charged me quiet rightly (as they are still waiting on Plusnet).
I am currently waiting on the phone waiting to speak to a member of staff. I should not have to get involved in this transfer process. Not a happy customer at all.
Mark
Grafter

Whoever in BT is giving you that information is making things up as they go a long.
The transfer is handled automatically by BT Wholesale systems and is the same system used by all ISP's and regulated by OFCOM. At no point does Plusnet communicate with the losing service provider, in this case BT Retail. That is done via BT Wholsales ECO + system.
The losing provider BT Retail have screwed up. They can see on ECO+ that you are no longer their customer. It is their responsibility to act and resolve this for you, not Plusnet.
Go back to Retail and if first line support continue to waffle ask for an escalation to the team leader.
tpbarratt

Thanks for the reply Mark. It sounds like you know what your talking about - first person to all day.
I've instructed BT to close my account and refund me this months charge. I've also submitted a complaint to OFCOM against both parties, although it sounds like Plusnet haven't done anything wrong I did experience a rocky time when trying to get my order progressed due to "orders getting stuck".
now to start my weekend...well what's left of it.
aeschylus
Dabbler

make sure you cancel your direct debit to BT
then they can try and charge you all they like Smiley
remember it is important for you to be in charge, by not cancelling your DD you gave BT the power, if you had of cancelled it they would be the one chasing you, and you can just tell them to get lost...
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: aeschylus
make sure you cancel your direct debit to BT...
Not necessarily, that may be how you get any refund.
And with the DD guarantee your bank will refund anything you dispute, without question.
So, any doubts, talk to your bank first.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Mark has summed this issue up very well.
We're here if you require any further support though Smiley