cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

22 working days to activate a home telephone service!

brockleyse4
Hooked

22 working days to activate a home telephone service!

As a new customer I ordered the home phone & broadband service on 22/12/09. Currently I'm due to have the phone service activated on 26/01/10 at the earliest! (Broadband could be even later than that)
Moved into the property in December, which had an existing phone line, which needing activating.
Initially I was given an appointment for an engineer visit to activate the line on 13/01/10. Wednesday is the one day of the week which isn't convenient, so I requested a different day. Two days later customer services called me while I was away overseas at a clients office with work, to offer me the 26/01/10, which unfortunately I accepted (wasn't really focused on the fact that it was 2 weeks later). That evening after work I requested the original appointment date, but was subsequently told this was no longer available.
Is this sort of delay normal?
My first impression of the customer service provided is poor to say the least.
The way things are going so far, I couldn't envisage recommending Plusnet to anyone.
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 22 working days to activate a home telephone service!

It's not normal, however at present BT have a backlog of faults caused by the weather that are now being dealt with - this has led to a shortage of engineers so less appointments are available.
brockleyse4
Hooked

That would explain the 2 week gap until the 2nd appointment date.
What about the 13 working days until the 1st appointment date? Is that normal?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That will partly be the weather and partly the bank holidays and general Christmas period. I'm sorry for the delay though.