cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21CN upgrade? More like a downgrade

jimmcc

21CN upgrade? More like a downgrade

Have been with Metronet for many years of fault free service.  When I got the email on the 21CN upgrade it sounded great.  Faster speed at no extra cost?  It was way too good to be true. 
The upgrade in my area was last Thursday and since then I have had no internet service at all.  The helpline staff are polite but can't speed up the crap resolution process. 
So PN make a change, and now I have a problem that has lasted five days and counting. 
They have now passed it to BT, but I'm not a techie and if the BT service was OK before, why is it no good now?
I've now read in this Forum that you can refuse to take the 21CN upgrade.  Wish I knew this earlier.  I was perfectly happy with what I had before, so if anyone from PN reads this, can you please get me back to where I was before last Thursday.  Please. 
12 REPLIES 12
jimmcc

PN Tech Dir should review his position over the CN21 fiasco

You would have thought that a company with the resources of PN would have checked out in detail all of the prerequisites and conditions that needed to be in place before making a change such as the CN21 so-called upgrade.  Clearly this was not done as since that change in my area, I have now had no internet service for five days and counting. 
I would like the Technical Director of PN to come on here and tell me on what basis he authorised this change to proceed without clearly having all of the conditions satisfied and therefore considerably inconveniencing customers. 
In fact, if I was the boss of PN, I would fire him for incompetence and gross dereliction of duty of care to customers.  What can be more important to a company than the goodwill of its customers?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: PN Tech Dir should review his position over the CN21 fiasco

the upgrade to 21CN is BT not PN
godsell4
Rising Star

Re: 21CN upgrade? More like a downgrade

Quote from: jimmcc
... if the BT service was OK before, why is it no good now?

Over many years of practice, BT has developed this special skill and developed it to the point of perfection. Sadly. Sad
Sounds like BT have borked some of the equipment changed in the exchange when they changed you over to 21CN.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
nadger
Rising Star

@pierre_pierre In this thread people have requested to stay on 20CN and Plusnet actually request the move.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Jim,
Sorry to hear about your connectivity issues, however this certainly isn't happening with the majority of customers who move over to 21CN - if it were these forums would be utterly overwhelmed as would our support centre.
I've checked the account linked to your forum ID and this is a metronet account - you're currently connected on there and have been for 2 days, and it hasn't been moved over to 21CN. As such I assume you have another account that's got the fault you describe above? If so, please PM me the username and I'll take a look for you and see what we can do to get your service restored.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about that - got the account, I can see a fault has been raised. We'll chase that now for you and update shortly.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Jim,
It looks like we need to get an engineer out to your premises as the next stage in fixing the fault - if you could update the ticket with times and dates you're available (weekdays either in the morning between 8am and 1pm and afternoons between 1pm and 6pm) we'll get this booked for you.
jimmcc

Hi Matt,
Can it be this afternoon between 5.00 and 6.00?  Otherwise will have to wait for quite a while for me to organse something. 
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We can't get any more specific than the timeslots given by Matt I'm afraid.
jimmcc

OK Ben.  Don't see why in the circumstances you couldn't push the boat out a bit and persuade BT to come today. 
If not then I'll need to get back to you at some future time. 
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Work is allocated to the engineers the night before so there's no way we can get one out today I'm afraid. If you update your faults ticket, the appointment will be booked for you.
jimmcc

OK Ben,
I'll do that and get back to you once I know my detailed arrangements over the next couple of days or so.