cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15 years of plusnet.......NO loyalty

davethir
Grafter

15 years of plusnet.......NO loyalty

After 15 years of loyal subscription to Force9 and then Plusnet, I have found the need to leave and go with Virgin Cable, I am only leaving as the house I am moving to has cable and they have offered me 120Mb speeds, I may stay with them but I may equally decide that I prefer Fibre as the upload speeds are much slower on virgin than plusnet. Up until today I would have said I would have no hesitation to rejoin Plusnet as I have had no issues with them throughout the 15 years I have had my account, however after trying to cancel my account and being told that my years of loyalty to plusnet mean nothing and they will charge me £62.50 to cancel, I will have to reconsider. I even asked the duty manager for a act of goodwill for the fact that during those 15 years i have been free to leave and only ever signed a contract when I moved to Fibre last year, but he said 15 years of loyalty means nothing! I have been with Force9/Plusnet since the days of 56K modem through the initial broadband speeds of 256Kb all they way to the top fibre package and it means nothing!
What happend to customer/supplier loyalty
4 REPLIES 4
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 15 years of plusnet.......NO loyalty

Hi davethir,
I'm really sorry to hear that you have decided to leave Plusnet.
Unfortunately if you re-contracted last year when you signed up to Fibre there isn't any way for us to remove your contract from your account and you would therefore be charged for the remainder of your contract when you choose to cancel. If you cancel and go with Virgin then there will always be a £30 cessation fee that applies due to Virgin not being on the BT network. If you requested a MAC Code (to move to another suppliers on the BT network) then this cessation charge would not apply. This is because we get charged (by our suppliers) to cease your services if you move onto a different network.
You can find a guide to cancelling here: http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

If the property you are moving to has fibre  could you not just complete a service transfer for which, I assume, there is usually no costs involved?  When your initial Plusnet contract period expires then consider your options. http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/moving_guide.shtml ; Smiley
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I am afraid and regret PlusNet has gone the same way as other companies when they grow. Individual customers becomes numbers who's only importance is paying monthly.

Quote from: davethir

What happened to customer/supplier loyalty
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Unfortunately big business has reduced loyalty to figures on a spreadsheet.
It's all they understand......
Until the fan needs a good clean.