cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 day cancellation period is a total scam

bobbarian
Dabbler

Re: 14 day cancellation period is a total scam

i'm not on fibre.......the BT booster will not pair with the plusnet hub?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

If you are not on Fibre, I am very surprised you have a Hub2. What product does it say you are on, in your Member Centre?

John
bobbarian
Dabbler

it says unlimited fibre but its actually not.well so ive been told by a BT engineer?....i've factory reset the booster and still nothing but when the booster is first installed it has to be conected to the router by ethernet so im wondering if i need to do the same with the hub 2?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

If your product is shown as 'Unlimited Fibre' then the BT engineer is (as some of them tend to) talking rubbish. As regards the booster - if it had to be connected by ethernet for installation on the BT Hub, then yes, it will need the same procedure to connect to the Hub2.

John
bobbarian
Dabbler

ok thank you

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@bobbarian 

By way of explanation there are two versions of fibre. These are Fibre to the Cabinet, which is the service that you have and Fibre to the Home, which is not yet available to most premises or Plusnet.

As I suggested earlier, if you tell us the make and model of your booster we can possibly advise you how to configure it. 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@bobbarian wrote:

i know its not a try it for free but you should be able to see the service, if you buy goods online the return policy doesnt start when you order it...

Completely different considerations.

The 14 day "cooling off" period is a remote selling protection which allows the purchaser to change their mind - it is intended to address high pressure sales tactics.

Buying goods and buying services are two entirely different matters - any "return if you do not like" policy is not a grant of law, but a grant of extended grace or guarantee.

As for the WiFi not covering your whole home, indeed, it might not cover everyone's mansion, as individual's castles can be very different.  The right approach here is to understand the characteristics of your home and then to modify YOUR home network accordingly - that might mean YOU acquiring additional WiFi equipment.

You have previously (in effect) already addressed such considerations - a BT router PLUS A BOOSTER (BT product?) against just a router are not going to give you the same coverage.  Was the booster a BT disc - a service / product which I believe has an additional price tag?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

greygit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

"Plusnet's (or any ISP's responsibility is to provide the service as far as your Master Socket - anything beyond that is out of their control"

Some stuff beyond the master socket is within their control. Example. The modem sits on the customer side of the master socket. PN provide the firmware on the modem. They provide further firmware updates. The firmware is configured to use CWMP with no control options for the customer to disable, therefore it could be argued that Plusnet have at (the very least) partial control of the modem and thus their control extends past the master socket. The modem gets autoconfig (with zero customer intervention or, it could be argued, control).

Just little observations. Perhaps the demark (abbreviation for demarcation) line isn't always at the master socket.

Similar observations may also be applicable to other ISP's modems.