cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 day cancellation period is a total scam

bobbarian
Dabbler

14 day cancellation period is a total scam

How can anyone possibly sample or test the plusnet broadband within the 14 day cancellation period is its not even installed during that time?

I called plusnet to order the broadband package on the 19th march 2022 i was told it would be installed on the 4th April 2022 unfortunately it does not cover my whole house so i wanted to cancel...i called today the 12/4/22 and i was told it was not possible to cancel as the cancellation 14 day period started on the day i called plusnet which was the 19th, so the cancellation period actually started 2 days before it was even installed????

this is just like the scams you hear about all the time, i will not let this rest so here's to the beginning of a quest.

37 REPLIES 37
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: 14 day cancellation period is a total scam

@bobbarian The 14-day cooling off period is not a 'try-before-you-buy' option, it is there in case you decide not to take the offer up/you find a better option while waiting. Once those 14 days have elapsed after you accept the contract, in law, Plusnet are doing nothing wrong.

There are ways of improving the coverage if you explain the issues. Did your previous ISP's (if you had one) equipment cover the whole house?

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@bobbarian 

The cancellation period is not a 'try it for free' service but gives you time to change your mind after agreeing a contract. The start date of this period is stated in the contract that you agreed to when you signed up. Consequently it is not a 'scam'

If you can put your doomed 'quest' behind you and explain in a bit more detail your problem and how it differs from your previous ISP, then we may be able to provide advice on how to improve things.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bobbarian
Dabbler

i know its not a try it for free but you should be able to see the service, if you buy goods online the return policy doesnt start when you order it...

jab1
Legend

Different rules.

John
bobbarian
Dabbler

whats fair is fair.....this isnt....

jab1
Legend

Why isn't it? Plusnet's (or any ISP's responsibility is to provide the service as far as your Master Socket - anything beyond that is out of their control as there are so many environmental variables.

John
Baldrick1

@bobbarian 

Are you looking for help or just wanting to complain? If the latter I will move your post to the more appropriate Feedback board.

Moderator and Customer

bobbarian
Dabbler

so if it keeps crashing thats ok??...theres no recourse?...

bobbarian
Dabbler

i'd just like people to know...

jab1
Legend

What keeps crashing? A little more detail would help - you initially said it didn't reach all your house?

John
Baldrick1

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Feedback

Moderator and Customer

bobbarian
Dabbler

i think your missing the point.....the previous broadband covered all the house(bungalow), plusnet doesnt so as the service is not fit for purpose i would have liked the option to cancel....when i called i was told to buy a booster and that if i wanted to cancel i would have to pay a significant amount........this in my opinion is not fair...

jab1
Legend

I'm not missing the point - you are not consistent in your statements. However, if you answer a few simple questions, there are a number of people with the experience to help you. Who were your previous ISP?How old is the bungalow and what is its construction? Which Hub do you have?

John
bobbarian
Dabbler

BT,1980 stone,hub 2.....