cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

135601924 - Saying it's fixed over and over doesn't fix it.

estacado
Dabbler

135601924 - Saying it's fixed over and over doesn't fix it.

I've got to say looking at the previous threads I have to agree, running a quick test and stating it's fine doesn't help with mine or anyone else's problem, read the whole ticket and look at any screenshots if you want to help.

My upstream speed is abysmal, packet loss in gaming is making the connection unusable, telling me I have 6 or 7Mb downstream and the connection doesn't drop out isn't helping, I've completed all the tests so please escalate.

13 REPLIES 13
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: 135601924 - Saying it's fixed over and over doesn't fix it.

Looking at your account, I agree that the fault ticket hasn't been handled particularly well. However it appears only 20CN ADSL is available at your exchange and your connection is currently in sync at 448Kbps upload, which is the maximum for a 20CN asset.

Your line seems to be testing perfectly across the board:

KBDxDSL Status Check

xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status: In Service NTE Power Status: NTE Power On Bypass Status: Bypass Not Activated

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 9.5 15
SNR Margin: 23.4 10.5
Errored Seconds: 0 0
HEC Errors: 0 0
Cell Count: 96000 609876
Speed: 448 8128

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 8128 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 6502
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 86400
Indicative Line Quality: G Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 9600

Are you running the tests on a wired or wireless connection?

Is anything else using the connection when running the speed tests?

Could you please click the option to continue on to further diagnostics after the initial test finishes.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
estacado
Dabbler

Thanks for looking but as I said in my ticket this is a recent phenomena, my upstream was previously 1Mb+ and without horrendous lag, as per the screenshot I provided clicking further diagnostics fails every time, finally again as mentioned in my ticket I've used two different setups plugged directly into the master socket with a wired connection and nothing else running, no difference.

If it helps the only other thing I can think of is since they started upgrading to fibre in my area this problem started, I'm not really happy to accept a terrible connection though while I wait however long to be converted.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

my upstream was previously 1Mb+

Is that at this same address on the same account? I ask as the fastest speed available on your exchange for upload is 832kbps, and this is only achievable with Max Premium added which incurs a monthly cost.

Nonetheless, the actual speeds you're getting on the upload should be higher than 0.12 as you're currently seeing.

I can see you've added comments to the fault ticket that this is specifically about the upload, I'll allow them to respond directly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@estacado wrote:
my upstream was previously 1Mb+ and without horrendous lag,

Was this with Plusnet or a different ISP such as Sky or TalkTalk?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
estacado
Dabbler

Hi Chris,

Same address for about a decade, same account, no choice really as each time I click on the upgrade tool it errors checking my line. 

To be honest this thread is about support not reading the whole ticket, it seems clear to me that all the information required is there or on my account, unfortunately this isn't being read and after performing a line test my last reply was confirming the problem is resolved as my line is stable with 7Mb downstream ... this isn't why I raised the ticket the lag is so bad I can barely browse let alone game, this co-incides with a drop in upstream speed and interleaving being enabled.

I suppose it's worth mentioning though for you forum folks that I already connected as speedtest@speedtest_domain but couldn't complete the tests as they lagged out, this is all on my ticket with screenshots {sigh} Sad

estacado
Dabbler

Hi Jelv,

Always been with PlusNet, bit sentimental like that Smiley

Funnily enough I haven't used the forums for so long I couldn't log in to my account (don't remember changing the password), the reset email has been sent twice but never arrived sux really.

estacado
Dabbler

3 days no response, I guess providing constructive feedback isn't appreciated similar to customer loyalty.

estacado
Dabbler

Hmmm I can recommend Chat though, waited about 10 mins and an agent helped out, easier to respond realtime rather than wait days for each response.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Apologies for the delay in responding.

I'm at a complete loss how you've ever had an upload speed in excess of 1Mb/s. Your exchange simply doesn't support the technology to do this. I think @jelv was previously on a 20CN only exchange so can confirm the maximum speeds available on these.

I'm glad you've spoken to someone on chat and can see the ticket is waiting to be picked up by the faults team again.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

At one time or another I've been on three different exchanges where the best on offer was 20CN ADSL1. On all three exchanges I was lucky enough to be close to the exchange and had the maximum sync speeds (I was paying the extra £7.83 for Max Premium) which was 8192 down, 832 up.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
estacado
Dabbler

I guess I should clarify 1Mb+ was an estimate based on what the PC was reporting (or misreporting) during uploads, I do understand the technical ability of my exchange; regardless my issue isn't really about hitting the maximum or what I've experienced previously it's about a usable service for gaming, working from home and occasionally just using the net, 100Kb per second with lag is not really good enough when I'm on a newish estate 50 metres from the cabinet and 100m from the exchange and previously had no problems till the fibre upgrades began.

As this post was originally about folks not reading the whole ticket before responding, the same seems to apply to the forum to a lesser extent as reading a few posts I can see the key issue in each post seems to be regularly missed, the best replies are where either the agent has understood the problem or requested more information rather than focusing on something that isn't really relevant.

estacado
Dabbler

I used to have a premier account but changed as there didn't appear to be any difference except the cost (certainly wasn't stated) afterwards there wasn't in real world use when I changed either; I guess at some point my upstream has either been downgraded or re-routed but as my accoutn change was many years ago I don't really think it's a contributing factor.

estacado
Dabbler

Interestingly my Asus Router does allow a spectrum scan which like the rest of my line stats looks fine; with both my account and the BT test account both showing poor real world upstream speeds though and lag with interleaving on my line for no apparrent reason I cant see why this has taken three weeks so far, very disappointing.