cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 Days in Hell

stinamarie
Dabbler

Re: 12 Days in Hell

Fair enough, you're just a Plusnet user, Then I just ask now for an answer of Plusnet staff....Because if there is a problem with BT, I just will not call them, I pay to plusnet my phone line and my broadband line, if there is a problem they could fix that with them. The only way I see then is cancel my direct deb and get a line with BT, then I will call then and they will fix it, because look they are the Big fish, and the only one can give you a normal costumer service
itsme
Grafter

The problem is down to BT to fix. I'm not sure whether you were on ADSL2+ with your last provider but you are now and probably been placed on a banded profile which ADSL did not have . Have you lodged a fault? If not start one now at https://faults.plus.net/applications.php?Module=Faults
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: stinamarie
Because if there is a problem with BT, I just will not call them, I pay to plusnet my phone line and my broadband line, if there is a problem they could fix that with them.

All faults have to be rasied with PN you will not be able to go to BT directly.
By the way do you know that PN is owned by BT?  Shocked
stinamarie
Dabbler

Yes I did report a fault, I gave them all information and the only thing they know is how to menace me about the 144 pounds they will charge, awesome, waiting answer anyway, tired and fill up of plusnet
stinamarie
Dabbler

Some user Can explain to me Why my IP profile has been everyday with 250 kbps maximum and during one day, just one day, as high as 11000, and why during 10 minutes i got 10Mb and no anymore.........?Huh
nadger
Rising Star

the only thing they know is how to menace me about the 144 pounds they will charge
All ISPs, who use BTW, are obliged to warn you about potential charges should Openreach find that the problem is your side of the master socket.
Having had Openreach out to an adsl fault I can assure you that the first thing the engineer did was to check that I wasn't causing the fault which, fortunately, I wasn't.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

DSL Connection
Link Information
Uptime: 1 day, 2:29:10
DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 443 / 288
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.5 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 12.5 / 26.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 29.5 / 33.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN

This is where your issues lie....  Your target SNR is horrendously high, and is whats limiting your line rate.  A couple of things to add on this......
1.. Are these the stats from the Master sockets TEST socket?  If so, then there is more than likely a fault on your line, thats BTs responsibility. You will need to raise a fault ticket, if you have not already done so...
2..  When you make any phone calls, is there any hissing or crackling on your line??  Try dialing 17070 and option 2 for a quiet line test.  If there is hissing etc, then there is a voice fault, and again, this will affect your broadband.
From what I can see there is nothing here that is PlusNets fault, and before they can raise any issues to BT, they need to have an open fault from yourself.  There are also alot of VERY knowledagble chaps on these forums, who are more than happy to help anyone.  If you move provider, which is your right, you will more than likely take this issue with you, PlusNet, are actually very good at sorting out faults, and the Comms team regularly vist these forums, and will probably pick up on this post on Monday.  Also, as an aside, I dont want to sound unhelpful, but keeping posting BT speed tests, is of no help really.  The odd profile of 11000 was more likely the DLM having an issue.  For your line stats, one the SNR is at a respectable level, you should be seeing syncs around the 10000-11000 level on ADSL2+
Hope this helps....
stinamarie
Dabbler

Thanks for your help guys hopefully i raised the ticket and monday I will have some  news....
stinamarie
Dabbler

I'm just hopeless after this days without any news on my open fault, having this crap connection and paying full price for it......Just not worthy,
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

I am surprised this has not been picked up on TBH. it seems a clear cut line issue.  Did you try the quiet line test, and is there any hissing on the line?  Do you get alot of sync drops on the line?
hopefully you should get some response soon, if not ring the CSC and make them aware of this, and this should hopefully move things alot.
I personally do feel that the ticket system is a little flawed and needs some attention.
stinamarie
Dabbler

This is the last message I got:

A record of your Help Assistant Questions and Service Notices
Your open Questions:
Question Topic Status
Your Question Awaiting Support Team answer
View:
Date Range: From:   To:  
Make sure you enter the date in the format DD/MM/YYYY, making sure you include the slashes.
Expand All Questions | Collapse All Questions
Question topic: Your Question |   Open
Your original Question 6:26am, Tuesday 15th June 2010
Broadband Fault Checker - Initial checks [ Completed ]
All initial checks have been completed without finding any problems. You now need to visit the Broadband Faults Checker and complete a number of detailed checks to progress your fault further. Please make sure you do this within the next 48 hours, otherwise your Question will close and your fault won't be checked anymore.
Your comment 6:33am, Tuesday 15th June 2010
Broadband Fault Checker - Detailed checks [ Completed ]
All questions have been completed by the user.
Your comment 6:40am, Tuesday 15th June 2010
The customer has provided the following contact details for the duration of the fault.
Daytime telephone number:
Mobile number: Not provided
Email address:
Additional contact info: between midday and 5
Your comment 6:40am, Tuesday 15th June 2010
Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ In progress ]
The tests on your broadband connection have now started. Please check this Question in about two hours to see the results of the tests.
Script User Automated Script Pool 6:52am, Tuesday 15th June 2010
Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ Completed ]
The Connection checks could not be completed
Test result summary: Inconclusive
We have not been able to complete the checks of your broadband service. This may be the result of a fault in the testing system rather than your service.
We will continue to monitor your fault, please provide more information or further updates on the occurance of your fault. If your fault has not re-occured since our testing, please close the ticket and confirm that you are satisfied that the problem is no longer occuring.
Script User Automated Script Pool 6:53am, Tuesday 15th June 2010
Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.
Your comment 5:01am, Wednesday 16th June 2010
My broadband still awesome slow, is completely low speed, I have checked line phone, hardware, everything and i cant find any problem, but the slowness still there
Your comment 7:20am, Thursday 17th June 2010
Problem still there and ain't got answer, I need a asnwer soon or I will cancel my contract in my trial period
[removed] CSC Analyst 8:27pm, Thursday 17th June 2010
Dear Miss Goransson,
This fault is currently undergoing testing. Further information will be appended to this ticket shortly.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[removed] CSC Analyst 8:31pm, Thursday 17th June 2010
[internal]

DCN
Downstream Link Info
Loop Loss SNR Margin Errored Seconds Hec Errors Cell Count Speed
26 5.8 72 N/A 17384 13155
Downstream BIP Interface Data
Current Line Rate Line Rate Change TimeStamp Maximum Stable Rate Recalculated Profile TimeStamp Maximum Stable Rate Fault Threshold Rate Interleaving Flag
11000 17/06/2010 16:23:28 N 04/06/2010 09:53:36 576 576 A

Copper Line Check Test Results :
Description Diagnosis Code MFL
Line Test OK - all sockets unplugged
DS09 OK

Kind regards,
[removed]
[removed] CSC Analyst 8:33pm, Thursday 17th June 2010
Dear Miss Goransson,
I was going to call you with the update however, I noticed you requested we only call you between 8.30am-5.30pm. Checking our connection logs for your line and the actual profile set, we can see that the speed issue is in fact likely to be caused by intermittency in the signal of your connection. This is showing in ours logs as a frequently dropping connection although if its coming straight back up, there is a likelihood that you won't be noticing it yourself.
The reason for this is that BT will lower your speed by means of applying a "banded profile" to try and keep the line stable. Sometimes if the dropping is particularly bad it is common for the profile to be dropped to a point where you can hardly do anything.
As such we will need to investigate your fault differently than a normal speed fault. If you could please post your answers to the following questions in a reply to this ticket, we can then further investigate this issue for you.
Please accept my apologies if these questions are going over information you have already checked, but if the issue requires us to escalate it to BT then they require answers to these specific questions from yourself in this format.
This is also in place as a check for yourself as with any fault with the broadband service you need to be sure that everything has been checked at your end, as if BT confirm the issue to be caused by something at your end (faulty filter, extension cables, modem, etc...) then you will be billed for a failed fault check which is charged at £144.00.
1. We are noticing a loss in your connection, if you see this also does the loss of connection occur only at certain times of the day or is it continuous? If you cannot see this at all from your end please disregard.
2. How long has the problem been occurring for and when did it start?
3. If you are able to notice the dropouts, what are you doing at the time of the fault if anything - e.g. downloading large files? using a particular application? viewing anything specific online?
4. When you lose connection its important to know if sync lost on the modem/router - i.e. does the ADSL link light start flashing or does it remain solid green? If you are able to see any drops of the connection this can be helpful as the connection going down but never losing the signal can indicate a hardware fault.
5. Does you have any other equipment on the line that may affect service, such as a fax machine and is the PSTN (voice) service OK? any noise on the line even a crackle can cause this type of problem and should be fixed by your voice provider before any fault investigation is started.
6. Please connect your modem/router to the master socket, leaving all other equipment disconnected and see if the intermittency problem still happens (if you are not able to check this, you can leave it like this for 24 hours and ask us to check for you). Please also bear in mind that as your speed is low this is a profile issue and will quite likely remain so for a couple of days even if plugged into the master socket.
7. Has another modem/router been tested on your line, or have you tested your modem/router on a line known to be working? Also what are the makes and models of all modems/routers tried. This can be quite important as BT are not responsible for your router and will charge you if they find it to be at fault.
8. Has the micro filter being changed to prove its not causing the problem and have filters been added to all used points where a device plugs into the phone line?
9. When you are experiencing problems do you find restarting the router helps? if it does this can often show a fault with the router itself and as such should definately be tested with alternate hardware as per question 7 if this has not yet been tried.
10. Is there an alarm system on the property which utilises the phone line? if so has the line been tested with this off?
11. With the latest technologies being rolled out it is more important than ever to make sure you have the latest drivers for your modem or firmware for your router (even for newer devices, this should be checked) please confirm you have the most upto date software and also provide us with the make and modem of your broadband hardware and if possible details of the software/drivers/firmware version currently running on it.
So that we can further test and investigate this issue can you please confirm that your modem or router will remain plugged into the telephone socket and powered up.
Kind regards,
[removed]
Your comment 8:07am, Sunday 20th June 2010
1. My connection get lost just when I try to reboot or restart the connection to see some improvement, in other cases I didn't notice losses.
2. The problem has been there from the first day.
3. Anytime I used internet, is drop down, loading websites, videos, downloading.
4. The light has been always intermittent but with Broadband light right green all times
5. No faxes, just a phone which taken off, didn't change anything.
6. I will leave it in the mastersocket and you could check it.
7. No other modems
8. All micro filters changed and mixed.
9. Doesn't help any restart.
10. No alarm system.
11. All drivers right.
Your comment 8:47am, Sunday 20th June 2010
This Test comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Download Speed
47 Kbps
0 Kbps 250 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 47 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 50-250 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :288 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 443 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 14.89:23.4:61.7 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.
That's my last Bt speed check, one more concern is why during one day, just one day my Ip profile was as high as11000 kpbs and before and after just get 250 max. and why during 10 minutes a couple of days ago I got the real 10 Mb and no anymore, with the same router, driver, hardware and wiring..?
[removed] BOT - DSL Logged Faults 12:37pm, Wednesday 23rd June 2010
Dear Miss Goransson,
This fault is currently undergoing testing. Further information will be appended to this ticket shortly.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[removed] BOT - DSL Logged Faults 12:43pm, Wednesday 23rd June 2010
[internal]

NTE Detail :

Power Status
: NTE Power On
Upstream Link Info
12.6 29.5 0 0 795 443
Downstream Link Info
26 33.5 0 N/A 901 288
Downstream BIP Interface Data
Current Line Rate Line Rate Change TimeStamp Maximum Stable Rate Recalculated Profile TimeStamp Maximum Stable Rate Fault Threshold Rate Interleaving Flag
250 20/06/2010 07:39:19 N 18/06/2010 10:54:23 576 576 A

WBC 160K - 288K No delay (INP 0) 6dB Downstream, 448 No delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)
File Transfer AVERAGE THROUGHPUT/SESSION 58
TAM and Copper PASS
Kind regards,
[removed]
[removed] BOT - DSL Logged Faults 12:55pm, Wednesday 23rd June 2010
Dear Miss Goransson,
As per my message, I tried to call you today but there was no answer. The reason your profile has dropped to 250 is due to a cap placed on your line at the exchange. This has been placed on their in order to stabilise your line which it has done. However, we do need to look into the reasons for the intermittent connection in order to prevent this from happening again. As such please connect your router to the test socket and I will request your line be uncapped. Once this has been removed we can further investigate the fault.
The BT Test Socket can be found just behind the master socket front plate. To access this you need to remove the 2 screws from the front of the BT Master Socket then remove the lower front plate. The Test Socket is then just behind this, as in the image below.

If you do not have a test socket, please let us know and we will investigate with yourself plugged just into the master socket.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0845 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
[internal]
Uncap email sent.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Sms Message: Your fault ticket has been updated. You can view your fault and reply at
After that, I did what they said and the line still the same.....I don't know what's mean short answer for them.
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat): CSA names removed as per the forum rules.]
stinamarie
Dabbler

Finally I'm getting normal speeds, Finger crossed is not a issue anymore and I will keep them even if they are not like the best. Hoping to BT will not cape my line anymore. So happy
stinamarie
Dabbler

After just another day with normal speed we are back to the old times when my IP is caped and the speed is super slow. I guess this will be my life from now on.................