cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uSwitch awards = Celebratory cakes!

uswitch-logo-web-cms2If you’re on a diet, Plusnet is dangerous territory right now.  Cake, flapjack, doughnuts, chocolate, and big bottles of fizzy drinks are everywhere in the Call Centre today as our support teams get a well deserved reward for adding to their list of accolades.

We’d like to thank all of you out there who took part in the 2010 uSwitch survey, and for voting us joint first in the “Best Technical Support” category (as well as placing in the top three for almost every other category going).  It’s well deserved – our guys and girls in the call centre do a tremendous job looking after our customers and they do it with a smile on their face – hence the cake:

Incidentally, the smiles on faces have also been noticed by Ofcom (they’re our industry regulators).  We were pleased to see that after a bit of mystery shopping on their part, Ofcom found the lovely people in our call centre the most helpful of all the major ISPs. They also ranked them very highly in terms of knowledge and honesty too.  The full report makes for an interesting read (it really does, honest) if you feel like taking a look.

If
0 Thanks
20 Comments
20 Comments
Tobie_Fysh
Not applicable
After the useless "service" today to me in a business capacity I cannot believe this. Maybe all the sugar made them slow?
Jan_Ball
Not applicable
I struggle to believe this also, as I increasingly receive appalling service. If I raise a ticket, my comments are not digested and responded to accordingly and I just go round in circles. I have had several occasions where money is taken from my account unauthorised by me. On the last occasion when it was promised to be returned, nothing was done and I had to raise the matter again and have been going round in circles with the poor excuses given regarding that and am still waiting for it to be credited. I have asked for the name of your Managing Director, asked for my MAC number and told it was being obtained, yet no response to either. I am still awaiting a response from one of your advisers from 30 April, who yet again just engaged me in responses back and forth as my questions have never been answered. There clearly seems to be a training issue there.
Mark1
Not applicable
Tobie Fysh I'd be very interested to hear about your experience with our Business Support Team. Can you drop me a PM with further details and a ticket id if possible.
LiamM
Grafter
Congrats on the award. Is the cabinet big enough? :-) Interesting that 'Call Centre' used to be a pretty much a banned phrase in Plusnet terms!
Karl_B
Not applicable
Ive just joined Plusnet from Tiscali/Talk Talk because of the call center's lack of help. See how I get on here. Watch this space 🙂
Paul_Ella
Not applicable
I am a brand new user and this made me laugh! Like Tobie Fysh, I have received appalling support so far. Issue raised 3rd May, unable to receive any email or sign in to Webmail. 3 days later, still awaiting a resolution. As Jan Ball said, a recursive loop is set in place and it seems impossible to escape from it. My ticket goes to First Line, they pass it to Network Team, who delete my account and recreate it, tell me to try again in 4 hours and pass it back to First Line. After 4 hours I respond saying it is still not working, First Line respond agreeing with me and escalating it back to Network Team who delete..... you get the picture! Unfortunately, unlike Tobie Fysh, mine is not a business account so I doubt my comments will warrant a response. Or maybe I will get an email! hahaha!
Mand
Grafter
@Jan Ball, if you can give me a ticket reference I'd be happy to sort. @Paul Ella, As discussed, your issue is now sorted.
torbayguy
Grafter
Were uswitch drunk at the time? Or are the isp so terrible that Plusnet can beat them! Plusnet should be given a gold for lying to customers. Gold for lack of support, and gold for lack of knowledge. Oh and a gold for crap foreign call centres!
Sam_Rankin
Not applicable
After reading about this award I had to check my calendar to see if it was April 1st. For the first six months they had my line choked back from 1.5Mbps to 250kbps when it was finally sorted I received no apology or refund. At the moment my download speed is 29kbps!!!!!
Jan_Ball
Not applicable
@Mand, a selection of ticket numbers are: 33287663, 33190316, 33151522, 32537278. Sadly, my frustration goes on. I spoke with someone yesterday,(who was going to email me, so I had his direct email address if there were further problems, but hasn't), who I have since responded to by ticket and today I get a totally irrelevant answer from someone else. Offers are made and then retracted, which I am sure is unlawful, but I will check with Trading Standards on this. I am seriously stressed thanks to the never ending saga!
CliffTopp
Dabbler
What a pity that it is so often only those with a gripe who take the time to make comment. I have, on the whole, had excellent service from Plusnet customer and technical services every time I have raised a call in the 2 years I have been with this ISP. OK not all the service staff are of the same calibre but can that not be said of people in every walk of life? Having said that it seems to me that the standard improves every time I need to use the service. I have an open call on-going at this precise moment and the engineers who have contacted me about it are bending over backwards to try and get it resolved - even though the problem is not of their making but is a bt wholesale issue. I think that the award is rightly deserved and believe that Plusnet is worthy of my continued support.
Teds31
Grafter
I agree with you Linda ,it does seem to be only the ones with complaints,I have been with PN for about 5 years and have no serious complaints, got lots of help when needed, I think perhaps its some peoples attitude to others that doesn't help. Miss the legendry James but Mand and the others put so much into the job. Ted.
Alxns
Grafter
Well done guys great service Smiley
volta84
Grafter
I've been with about 6 different providers now and PN has been exceptional in all aspects compared to them. Keep it up!
bta
Not applicable
I have received very good service when issues arise. I used to be with Orange until 3 years ago when I changed to PlusNet primarily because of their UK base customer support. PlusNet service beats Orange service by miles. Keep up the good work.
neville_bell
Not applicable
I too am amazed at how plusnet got a first. The easy to instal broadband was a joke, however the help line was first class and had my broadband up and working in about 20 minutes,apart from the initial installation it seems to be working fine. Lets hope it continues to do so
Emila
Not applicable
Plusnet could not get me off the phone quick enough, they weren't interested in my call after I waited ages to get connected to an adviser. They were obviously trying to get through the call volume as quickly as possible, but what is the point in getting through the calls quickly if that fails to help ppl with their problems? As a new customer I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED. My problem remains unresolved. I would not at the moment recommend Plusnet to anyone. The cheap price of broadband is not worth the bad service and what is the point in it being cheap if i cannot even use the internet and connect to the service I am paying for? Plusnet so far, RUBBISH!
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@Emila, sorry to hear you're having problems :( Have you a support ticket reference or your username so I can take a look at things?
Simpsoid1
Not applicable
WOW! I do not recognise PlusNet by the negative comments above. I've always found their customer service as a whole to be excellent - and I've been with PlusNet from dial-up internet days! Recently my exchange was upgraded to 21cn and I asked to be upgraded to an "upto 20Mb" product. It didn't go quite as planned and for a couple of days I found my usual 6.5Mb service dropped to less than 2Mb. I remained calm, explained the situation in a couple of updates to the original support ticket and eventually one of the team realised what had happened, phoned me(!) to explain, and promised it would be sorted very quickly. Now I'm getting 16.5Mbps and I'm as happy as Larry. Doubtless a few other ISPs can and will offer similar service, but there are many that won't.
Jonathan
Not applicable
I've been with Plus.net for both business and personal account for about 6 years - not had many issues (main one was a line issue down to BT openreach), and they normally resolve things really quickly.