cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uSwitch Broadband Awards 2009

uswitch_logo_best_connection09_smluSwitch recently announced the results from their broadband customer satisfaction awards and we are happy with the results. We didn't sweep the board like last year, but Plusnet did finish in the top 3 in 10 out of 11 categories.

Over 12,000 UK broadband customers took part in the survey. The results saw Plusnet keep top spot for Quality of Connection, which we are extremely proud of and hope to win it again next year.

Although Plusnet didn't keep 1st place for overall customer satisfaction, our score actually increased by 2% compared to last year. It was a similar story in the best deal category with a 9% increase not quite enough to keep the crown. Similar to our results last year, O2 won 9 out of 11 this time around, with Plusnet coming in 2nd place in 5 categories and 3rd place in 4 more. We want our titles back O2! Just wait until next year... The results do make good reading, especially when you consider we are the only provider across the top 3 in all categories that don't provide broadband over an LLU service. So the target has been set to win back some of the titles next year. You can be sure we'll be trying our hardest to make this happen. You can read more about the awards, including the full list of categories on this page. Thanks for reading. Chris

0 Thanks
13 Comments
13 Comments
How many respondents were lumbered with an 18 month contract in this "survey"?
Chris
Legend
It was an independent survey conducted by a 3rd party. Therefore we don't know the exact demographic of the respondents from our customer base.
glloyd
Rising Star
I rather think PlusNet will drop further down the chart next year unless they reverse the contract length and all the added extras that have been removed from the new products and the extensive throttling. Not much point in having faster BB when the ISP throttles everything down to almost dial up speeds.
LiamM
Grafter
Don't you mean O2 rather than 02?
Jo
Not applicable
I won't be giving them my vote. Too slow. Dial up is almost as quick.
Chris
Legend
Hi Mary, That's due to the recent disconnections you've been seeing. Basically your connection speed has reduced due to the noise on the line causing the disconnections. As long as your line is stable and syncing at a higher speed now you should see the speeds you are getting increase again. @Liam, yes I did mean O2
Chris
Legend
@glloyd, We've been using Ellacoyas for over 3 years now, so these results and the ones from the last year were both done while we managed traffic.
pjmarsh
Superuser
I think the survey was done before the new products. I can't be 100% sure, the days are bluring into one at the moment!
Sarah_Deane
Not applicable
I didn't know PlusNet had been going so long - I'd never heard of you. I've only just signed up, but the contract length doesn't bother me, not when you've been with Orange for 5 years and nearly lost the will to live... So far, I have nothing but the highest praise for Plusnet. The ease of the whole set up and a website that knocks spots off any other ISP. No having to 'push this number for this' and dying of boredom and frustration. If it were up to me, Plusnet would have swept the board. Early days for me, but so far so brilliant!
Barxme
Grafter
I'm a newbe @ plusnet and all i can say is that compared to O2, Plusnet are miles ahead for me....i signed up with O2 6 weeks ago, it took two days ofline due to to a screw up on their part, then all i got was less than 500/Kbits all day, then told it would stay that way untill the end of April, I thought yea by that time i will be tied into a contract....so dumped them and came to plusnet, I had no downtime at all on the switchover wich I am very impresssed with, and my connection is a constant 2.7 M/bits all day....BT say I can get 4 M/bits on this line, but as i have only been on a week I shall wait and see if Plusnet can achieve that!! All in all I'm glad I found Plusnet
KEN_DRIVER1
Not applicable
Interesting comments so far! Well, When I first joined up I was of course using dial-up with Force9 back in the 90's. Then this became Free On-line.net which was when I went Broadband and was the first in my area of North Northumberland. Free Online then became PlusNet so you can see that I've had quite a number of years with this company. In all of that time I've been more than satisfied with the response I've had to the small numbers of problems which have been generated for one reason or another. Sure, my connection speeds up here in the "sticks" can vary from 2.5 to 3.3Mbts dispite the fact I'm only 1.3Km by line length from our local exchange. Still I'm grateful for what I've got as I chose to live in the Northumbrian countryside when I retired. I may be in my mid-60's but my first computer was a Spectrum Business Computer running DOS3.2 with an astounding 20MB Hard Drive and a 256Kb Floppy Drive, all for the reasonable cost of £1,200! So you can see that I've been around a while and I build computers for family and friends so I do know what I'm talking about. Rest assured if PlusNet's standards begin to fall, I'd be one of the first to go elsewhere but to date, there are no reasons to do so. Well done the PlusNet team! Keep up the very good work that you do and long may you continue. Stonehaven2
amien
Not applicable
hapy to be with you***
donhulio
Not applicable
I am really pleased with Plusnet. The service is great; I like the unlimited overnight bandwidth and free VoIP. The VoIP has saved me a fortune while my wife has been on maternity leave. When I joined the one month contract was very attractive; it was something that no other ISPs offered. I am not sure I would sign up to the new 18 month contract....