cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World of Warcraft - Patch 3.2.2

warcraftHere at Plusnet Towers we've heard that some World of Warcraft players have been asking their ISPs why their gaming experience has deteriorated since installing the latest patch 3.2.2 update. Are you a WoW player and which provider are you with? If you play regularly have you seen your gaming experience getting worse recently? Whilst we can't comment on the definite reasons for this we haven't seen any widespread complaints from our customer base on this issue. If you're a Plusnet customer and seeing problems, all you need to do is play the game and if you're having problems with it send us a ticket with a Wireshark capture on it and we'll make sure the traffic is correctly prioritised. It's the same with any game, if you are seeing latency then just drop us a ticket with the Wireshark capture on, we'll forward it to our traffic management gurus and they'll see if it can be prioritised. Chris

0 Thanks
13 Comments
13 Comments
chippyrich
I switched from AoL to plusnet on 6th October after experiencing 2 weeks of peaktime lag. The game runs perfectly now.
Chris
Legend
Excellent to hear, thanks for letting us know. If you've got any questions we can help with pop over to the forums and we'll pick them up.
petejackson
Grafter
Hi Chippyrich. Very glad to hear it.
RevelationMD
This is great to see - I am switching to plusnet (literally signed up yesterday) for exactly this reason. Good to see that you guys are aware of this issue and have a workaround. Before starting the 'switching to plusnet process' I rang my previous ISPs (orange) technical support call centre and asked if they were throttling gaming ports and the guy on the other end didn't know what 'ports' were and said he wasn't trained to deal with problems that occurred during peak hours! :S
shell1
Not applicable
lol iam exactly same just signed with plusenet as orange havnt a clue and dont even seem bothered about my problem
ian7
Not applicable
I changed to Plus from virgin fibreoptic,due to the lag I used to experience from them. I play Joint Operations Typhoon Rising,and now my game runs lag free on Plus.Virgin tech had no idea,now I can enjoy JOTR properly again....
petejackson
Grafter
Great to hear that Ian. Don't forget to join in the discussions over on the gaming forum if ever you do have any probs.
Philipp
Not applicable
Hi guys, Just to let you know that I've been with force9 for years now, and whilst the other guys we play online with have had all sorts of connection and latency problems I don't and have nigh on never had these problems. So thanks to the Plusnet Techies, keep up the good work
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Sorry for a delayed reply but thanks a lot ! Smiley
Gordon5
Not applicable
Hi we have recently moved from virgin down the line to plusnet and found the overall experiance a lot better.However i have had 2 days of unplayable net due to bad latency so if someone could shine a light and help me out i would apreciate this very much.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
You still having problems Gordon? There was an issue over he weekend that may have contributed to what you've been seeing - http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1297074689.htm
Dan10
Not applicable
HI can anyone help me i have just moved over to plusnet and my ps3 is on nat type 2 but black ops is on stirct? i have done the portforward thing but still no luck any advise would be great.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Dan, assuming you're using wi-fi then try changing the wi-fi mode to b/g as opposed to b/g/n in the router interface. Failing that you could put your PS3 in the DMZ? - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,84513.msg701817.html#msg701817