cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What? More bandwidth!?

What? More bandwidth!?

What? More bandwidth!?

ERX-1440You're probably getting used to these announcements by now but we're pleased to announce that this morning we lit yet *another* 155Mbps segment of central capacity. That's hot on the heels of the one we lit three weeks ago, and the four we added throughout July and August. This is the third segment of the current 622Mbps BT Central (there are four segments in total) and will be shared 2:1 between the Plusnet and Madasafish networks. Anybody connecting to the new segment will see their traffic passing through the gateway known as thn-ag01. You can find out what gateway you're connected to by running a traceroute or using the Gateway Checker on the Usertools website (this might not work if you're a Madasafish customer). When adding new capacity it can take some time for the network to ‘balance’ i.e. distribute users evenly across gateways. In order to accelerate this process it is sometimes necessary for us to temporarily disconnect a small number of customers from the Internet. We've no intention of doing this at the moment but if that changes we'll let you know via our Service Status and Twitter feeds.

0 Thanks
2 Comments
2 Comments
Epix
Not applicable
Wow, i just noticed the speed of the internet! Its awesome! No more complaining about speed then :) Is it permanent?
bobpullen1
Not applicable
The segments's here to stay for the foreseeable future but I'd be surprised if its addition has caused you to notice a significant boost in speed. Having said that, performance will be good on the new segment as there's still relatively few people connected to it - http://community.plus.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/pipes.jpg