cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're going to Wembley!

We're going to Wembley!

We're going to Wembley!

Sadly not all of us, but the select chosen few will be travelling to Wembley tomorrow to represent PlusNet in the ISPA (Internet Service Providers Association) Charity Football Cup..  This is an annual 5-a-side football event held by ISPA for ISPs. Last year, Claranet proved the eventual victors after a nailbiting penalty shootout against AOL.  The format is set to be in the form of a preliminary mini-league, before entering knockout phases and ultimately the final. We're sending our team of elite athletes to battle against the likes of Claranet, Zen and PIPEX in the hope of claiming glory on the hollowed turf at Wembley.  Okay, so it's not quite Wembley Stadium, but it's at "Goals!" in Wembley and with all proceeds going to charity, who are we to quibble over an address?! We'll be sending down a photographer and undoubtedly thousands (?) of screaming fans will be cheering on Team PlusNet.  Plenty of photos and reporting are certain to follow the main event. Good luck lads.  Could be the only chance a team from Sheffield has of glory this season!

0 Thanks
3 Comments
3 Comments
Ianwild
Grafter
I'm taking the photos (On my Nokia N95) so if it's action shots you want, you've picked the wrong reporter! Ian
James1
Not applicable
So, we just need to find the thousands of screaming fans 😕
p_w_d_stone1
Not applicable
I'll try screaming but I'm not sure about the screaming thousands bit. :D Will drop by shortly before kickoff