cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want Faster Upload Speeds? Max Premium is Now Available

A lot of our customers do large amounts of uploading or need to upload documents and files at a fast speed. Many of them have asked us to offer a service that will allow them to upload at a faster speed. BT Wholesale offer a product called IPStream Max Premium, this differs from the standard Max product by doing just that, offering a faster upload rate. On the standard Max product the upload sync speed is up to 448kbps whereas on Max Premium it's up to 832kbps. (Note, we use the term "up to" because the actual sync speed can vary depending on line length and line quality). In throughput terms that means you'd see a maximum upload speed of about 90KB/s. Max Premium is available as an optional extra on all of our broadband accounts for £8 per month. Our current Business Premier and a few of our legacy products already offer Max Premium as standard. If you would like to add Max Premium to your account we can do this at any time, just raise a ticket via http://trials.plus.net and select the Max Premium option. Once acknowledged it usually takes one working day to process the upgrade. Dave Tomlinson Plusnet Product Team

0 Thanks
13 Comments
13 Comments
David15
Not applicable
Two questions if I may; 1. Is there a minimum period on Max Premium? The only reason I ask is that I get very poor download speeds (1Mbps) and, whilst I'd happily pay to double my upload speed, if in reality it was making virtually no difference I'd be disappointed to have wasted the money. 2. If I'm on an older product (Broadband Premier Option 1 I think) can I still upgrade to Max Premium for uploads whilst remaining on B/b Premier Opt 1? Thank-you!
Scooter
Hi Dave - my current upload speed is around 382kbps (i.e. less than the 448kbps maximum on the standard Max product). Is there any point in moving to the Max Premium product, or is my upload speed already capped by line quality ? Cheers.
chino
Grafter
David... As Dave has not had chance to reply and i am catching up on what has gone on i may as well reply to you. 1 30 days notice would be required to closed that's all, the download speed should not alter though you should find that the upload speed does. 2 Yes you can still stay on your same product... Now back to the beach Cheesy
Dan
Grafter
as a big user of amazon's s3 for backing up my media, i'm releived to see this product available - I might not have to leave my computer running overnight now to finish the backup 🙂
mcgurka
Grafter
How is this going to affect current business users who have selected the max premium option as a way to gain proiorty in the exchange for time sensitive traffic - with a public uptake, is this going to impact the level of performance to businesses, given that almost all of my lines are currently in already overloaded exchanges...
Where does the extra upload bandwidth come from? Presumably the download bandwidth will suffer? Why the eight quid anyway? Could you reduce my current upload by half and refund me £2 per month?
camellia_angel
Not applicable
I tested my download speed for the forth time since I was connected on the 26th of Sept 2008 and found no speed change from the previous provider. My band width is supposed to be 8mb; it was actually just above 1/2 a mb! I am paying for option 2 and getting nothing of what I'd been promised or paid for. Could you please explain that for me?
prichardson1
Not applicable
camellia angel That is something best explained after testing and investigating your line and understanding aspects such as your line length, quality and internal setup. In order to do this though, we need to locate your account. Do you have an existing ticket ID from your account.
Not applicable
[...] on a blog which should be out the week after next, updating some churn reports, processing the Max Premium regrades, processing upgrades to Max, working on 21CN and a bunch of other [...]
Neil_Bullet
Dabbler
I have upgraded to this service and my sync Upload speed is now at 832kbps and on speed tests I get between 650 and 750 kbps 🙂 (Download 2432 kbps) I also found that on Saturday evening my connection did not slow down like it normally does, must be because of the higher contention ratio/Priority.
qdos747
I just called the Sales line to ask about this service, and the guy went off to check and came back saying that they stopped offering this higher upload speed 12 months ago!! This news was posted this month, so who is right??! Please email me clarification.
Kelly
Hero
Pretty sure we are still doing them!
Neil_Bullet
Dabbler
Just thought I would point out that although I posted I was getting a sync of 832kbps above that has now dropped to 576kbps so im considering going back to normal adsl max. Reason I've posted this is so that people don't get to excited about the initial sync rates as It can change. Downstream 3776kbps 55.0db 10.2db Upstream 576 kbps 31.5db 6.0db