cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Warning emails

Usage Warning emails

Usage Warning emails

We're pleased to announce that following customer feedback we will shortly be introducing warning emails when customer's are approaching their usage limits on our Broadband Your Way products. The emails will be triggered when 80% of the set usage allowance is reached, and should result in a reduction of customers who exceed their usage without realising (which can result in slow speeds with no apparent explanation). The change will be made later today. We hope you find this useful, however if you do have any feedback, please add a comment here, or head over to our Community forums. Kind Regards Mand

0 Thanks
5 Comments
5 Comments
Kelly
Hero
Unfortunately this roll out has been delayed. It should be next week!
Kelly
Hero
This just rolled! Cheesy
Roo
Dabbler
This rolled out yesterday and all Broadband Your Way customers should now get warning emails when their usage exceeds 80% of their total allowance, which includes any additional pre-paid usage.
Andy_Boyce
Not applicable
Good idea. I had wondered if there was any automated way of doing this. Thank you.
alterego
Dabbler
A lot better than being told that you have exceeded your limit after the event, anyway! I'd like to know why BYW customers get this and a 15GB allowance for £15/month when old lags like me, who have been with PlusNet since Noah was a boy, only get 2GB and no advance warnings for the same money! I've also only just discovered that PlusNet Megabytes and Gigabytes are worked out using the decimal system (x1000) instead of the binary one (x1024). That's not playing fair, is it..?