cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Then and now - CSC ticket touches

Back in the dark ages of Autumn 2006, we ran some pretty gruesome reports showing hundreds of tickets bouncing between CSC and customer for months on end with no sign of resolution. We ran the same query again last week, with some interesting results.... A number of circumstances have changed since last year including: * Focus on Quality and First Time Fix * Recruitment campaigns focusing on high quality candidates * Ongoing support page and ticket cause improvements * Introduction of CSC Skills Matrix * Customer focus drive within BOT * ACEs tool for performance monitoring and reporting * Weekly TSM top ticket housekeeping * Introduction of DSL Fault escalation process The result is that we have seen the average number of analyst contacts drop from 4 on every ticket, to 2.3. At approx £1 cost to the company for every contact, this is a valuable saving. Likewise the number of customer contacts on each ticket has fallen from 3 to 1.2. This indicates an improved customer experience, where most problems are now being fixed at first touch. No danger of resting on our laurels however, we recognise this needs to improve further if we are to regain our mantle as the ISP with the best support around and encourage customers to refer in numbers. Lets see if we can get to the uber-efficient place where there is only 1 analyst touch to every 1 from the customer.... Watch this space!

0 Thanks
3 Comments
3 Comments
spraxyt
Resting Legend
The reduction in ticket-tennis is very welcome but I'm confused by what seem to me to be two conflicting statements in this blog. "The result is that we have seen the average number of customer contacts drop from 4 on every ticket, to 2.3." and "Likewise the number of customer contacts on each ticket has fallen from 3 to 1.2. " To me these sentences seem to refer to the same thing but the numbers differ. I'd welcome an explanation of the difference. I don't think selective quoting is an issue.
Nick
Apologies - this was a mistake, it should read: “The result is that we have seen the average number of ANALYST contacts drop from 4 on every ticket, to 2.3.” in the first sentence. I'll edit the post now, thanks for pointing it out.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Thanks, makes sense now; however I know it was a deliberate mistake just to see if anyone read it. Does spotting that qualify me for a PN T-shirt (I've already got a mug)?