cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Plusnet Top Ten of 2012

2013 Calendar It’s hard to believe that 2012 is drawing to a close and what a year it’s been! It’s been an unforgettable twelve months that’s seen us turn 15, (yes 15) and brought everything from sporting triumph to a Royal Jubilee. This year has been a very proud one for all at Plusnet; we’ve maintained our Which? recommendation for the third consecutive time, brought Fibre broadband  to our customers and unleashed our unlimited broadband on the nation. Read on for rundown of Plusnet’s top 10 highlights of 2012 ...

1. Which? approved again and again and again:  In September, we picked up our third consecutive Which? recommendation and in March came top of their first ever survey for “superfast broadband” survey.
  2. We heard an ISPA that Plusnet were brill! At least that’s what the Internet Service Provider’s Association (ISPA) sort of said at their annual awards when we picked up ‘Best Consumer Fixed Broadband’. The judges were impressed by our flexibility, good range of services and value for money amongst many other product features.
  3. Smart thinking: Back in July we blogged about the increasing popularity of Smart TVs and on-demand programmes. The time has come when you can watch what you want, went you want!
  4. Keeping up with the Joneses: If you’ve not read our tech round-up blogs then this is a good one to start with. We make sure we cover any major tech developments new gadgets and games and this blog covers some of the major movers and shakers of 2012.
  5. Days of Fibre: When the time came to launch our even-faster Fibre packages we did so in style at Rockingham race track and with some very nifty cars!
  6. Customer feedback counts: Without the help of our customer trials, we would not have been able to launch the next generation of faster fibre services. We saw an unprecedented amount of interest in this trial which went on until the official launch of “Extra Fibre” back in August.
  7. Thirsty work: In May, we decided to get a guest blogger involved for a change, Ben from TechDrink did a great job of recommending a few tips for getting the most of our your wireless network:
  8. Encryption is key : Back in March, our Bob posted this advisory blog about encryption when using powerline adapters. This is something a lot of us weren’t previously aware of so, if this is something you use at home you should definitely take a look!
  9. We’ll do you Proud: In May we blogged about our new customer pledge with a TV ad that had a dig at the classic “brand manifesto” advert and featured Joe, a choir and THAT big dog!
  10. Truly unlimited: With the unprecedented activation of Fibre in 98 new areas and more and more happening week by week, it’s great to end the year by offering truly unlimited Fibre broadband.

We look forward to sharing more of our latest news and industry reviews with you next year!  In the meantime, why not leave a comment and tell us your highlights of 2012...

0 Thanks
9 Comments
9 Comments
teedoff
Well if you want the same good customer feedback in 2013 you had better stop letting your appalling and intrusive "automated" credit control system ruin it for you.
R_Scott
Not applicable
I moved to Plusnet 3 months ago. I have found the customer service to be variable. There does not seem to be much interest in doing anything more than the minimum to help the customer, but they are owned by BT so we should not be surprised. I am a Which member, and I will not be giving Plusnet any credits when I fill in the next Broadband survey.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@R Scott, Disappointing to hear that. Is there anything in particular I can help you with?
WeeHaggis
I’ve been a Plus Net customer for 7 years now and my experience couldn’t be more different from R Scott. On the rare occasions I’ve contacted by ‘phone or ticket, the response has been swift and efficient. I changed my account twice last year, first to add the telephone and recently to ‘Unlimited’. Both changes happened without a hitch. I too am a ‘Which’ member, and barring any major disaster (!) you’ll get top marks from me. Thanks for 7 years trouble free service and best wishes for 2013.
R_Scott
Not applicable
Soon after moving to Plusnet I realised that I needed more than 10 GB per month. I was previously with o2, who were unable to tell me how much bandwidth I was using each month. I was told twice that if I upgraded to a product with a larger monthly allowance, I would retain my first year discount. However, having upgraded, I have lost the discount, apparently because all the products and rules changed between my conversations and effecting the change. I did try to do the change over the phone, rather than on the Internet, but I was unable to wait for 20 minutes to speak to a human. I suppose that I should have been prepared to spend the morning hanging on to check for a third time that the first two people I spoke to had given me accurate information. I had several discussions with various customer service staff about this, but they were unwilling to do anything to help.
WeeHaggis
I understand your frustration R Scott - maybe I’ve been lucky with the few phone calls I’ve made, and it sounds like unfortunate timing in your case with rules which can’t or won’t be bent. I hope your experience improves...
keith4x4
Grafter
You may have brought Fibre to some customers but for the group of established customers that get a rubbish BB service and even worse customer service what have you done? I suggest that more attention is paid to looking after the customers you have, before you lose them.
Amy
Not applicable
We have recently moved and joined Plusnet for quick fast internet connection our installation was booked for 24th Jan, NOW Plusnet have cancelled our appointment BY TEXT MESSAGE and have said they will call with a new date in Feb, we have not joined Plusnet yet but they have taken a month upfront and installation fee of £49!!
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Sorry to hear about the delay Amy. Your billing cycle doesn't start until you're up and running so you'll not be charged for any period of time you were without service.