cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Anytime International 300 returns

world map1 From today we are re-introducing our Talk Anytime International 300 call package. Current Talk Anytime customers will already know the great value they get with our Talk Anytime package with inclusive calls to 01,02 & 03 UK landline numbers, 0845 & 0870 numbers any time of the day or night.* So, for those of you that regularly call overseas, Talk Anytime International 300 also offers 300 minutes per month of inclusive international calls to the top 20 international destinations*, including mobile calls to USA and Canada. To switch to Talk Anytime International 300 is simple, just click here to log into your account or call 0800 432 0200 and speak to one of our agents. So, for peace of mind when calling those distant relatives or friends, Talk Anytime International 300 is the essential choice. Talk Anytime International 300: £5.00 - Anytime calls to 01, 02 & 03 UK landline numbers. - Anytime calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers. - 300 inclusive minutes to the top 20 international destinations. Talk Anytime: £3.50 - Anytime calls to 01, 02 & 03 UK landline numbers. - Anytime calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers. - 25% off international calls to top international destinations. See here for details of our home phone prices. If you are not currently a home phone customer with us but want to take advantage of these great packages, then switching your phone to us is simple. Just follow the product change process in the member centre on our website. Our line rental charge is only £11.99 per month and includes free evening and weekend calls. *Inclusive calls become chargeable after 60 minutes for UK numbers, 30 minutes for international numbers. Re-dial to avoid call charges.

0 Thanks
7 Comments
7 Comments
djelite
Grafter
Is there anyway to provide a talk anytime package for business users...I would be willing to pay extra for this option.Not that i use the phone a lot but would like the peace of mind option 3 offers with unlimited data as well as my anytime phone.Or an unlimited data option for home users.Kind of a catch 22 scenario
nspal
Not applicable
I was unaware that the 300 minutes to the top 20 international destinations had ever gone away! This more so as I have been using this 300 minute service through Madasafish (part of the Plusnet group) since joining earlier this year and have been billed accordingly. I am however disturbed to be charged for landline calls to the Canary Islands (also international dialling code 0034) , as there is no indication in the list of the top 20 destinations that Plusnet / Madasafish make any distinction between regions of Spain. On a quick check with other call service providers I use or have used in the past 18866, PhoneCheap and Dialwise display a single rate for landline calls to Spain and have no category for the Canary Islands. TalkTalk has a separate category but includes Canary Islands in its free international calls package. BT do make a distinction but it has been many many years since I used BT for international calls. I feel more could and should be done to make it very clear by means of a simple line of text in the top 20 table:- "(excluding calls to the Canary Islands)" that calls to the Canary Isles are billed at a different and expensive rate. It is not reasonable to expect users checking where they can call with their 300 minutes to look at any other list than the one that is relevant to their package.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@djelite, there's no plans to offer an Anytime business package at present I'm afraid :( @nspal, it was January 2011 when we withdrew the international minutes, but this was dependent on your circumstances and Anytime customers were given the option to retain their international minutes if they so desired. I've looked at the top 20 table here - http://www.plus.net/residential/tariffs/homephone.html#top20_countries It says: "Spain (ex. Canary Islands)" Are you looking at some other list and if so can you point me in the direction of it?
nspal
Not applicable
@Bob Pullen. The top 20 destinations list I am looking at again is the one on http://www.madasafish.com/talk/call-rates/international.shtml. Unlike the current version of the Plusnet list of the top 20 international destinations it does not specifically state that calls to the Canary Islands are excluded. I joined Plusnet a while ago as an internet overlay on my first line but when I later wanted to change from TalkTalk internet and phone on my second line to just a simple anytime telephone service with some free international calls from Plusnet found I was passed to Madasafish but told it was all the same group. I am still annoyed to have been billed at 17.p per minute for calls to the Canary Isles we could have and would have made at 0.5p per minute had it been clear in the top 20 table that this was not included in the free calls package.
Jon35
As a very satisfied Plusnet bb customer I would be keen to switch my home phone over too but your international call packages are poor. 300 mins a month? 10 mins a day? I find that amount very low. I'd like to see you a little more innovative and offer international packages with higher amounts of calls for use in off peak hours. If TalkTalk can offer unlimited at a fixed price why can't you?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
@nspal, I have just sent you a ticket to your MAAF account. I hope this is satisfactory to you. Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi nspal, That list has now been corrected. Jojo Smiley