cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signup Revamp

Signup Revamp

Signup Revamp

I'm one of the developers working on an update to the PlusNet, FreeOnline and Force9 signup process so thought I would take this opportunity to introduce myself and where we are with the project. I have been at PlusNet overall for around 5 years and before moving to the Web Application Development team was a Lead Developer in the main development department. My main role in the new team is as a link between where we are and where we want to be - I'll try and help Tam and Colin with how their funky new stuff integrates with our current system back end if necessary and also coordinating with the rest of the development team for general work and platform improvements. The signup revamp phase currently being delivered is the first part of that journey for me - the look and feel is being tidied up and streamlined whilst being re-written using a MVC framework, but from a system point of view it will be the same underlying structure which in the next phases will be updated to be even more resilient, user friendly and incorporate some of the technologies we would like to start using such as AJAX. As i follow up this thread, i will try and include some examples of how the new MVC framework works with some code examples etc. We are currently towards the end of beta testing - our main aim until launch is practising the roll-out process and thorough QA. It's been a hard slog to get to this point as there were a lot of firsts that had to be learned but, as always, the delivery team has pulled together (the dedication from people involved has been incredible) and pushed on so that we are confident of publishing a great piece of software that, other than making it easier for wise internet buyers to become PlusNet customers, can be used as a focus point of how to use the framework to create or improve our software platform going forward.

0 Thanks
1 Comment
1 Comment
Kelly
Hero
31st of January Cam... 31st...!! :D