cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postini Spam Update: Nov 2007

*For the latest Postini anti-spam developments please see the more recently published update that can be found here* This blog is designed to give you an overview of Postini's insights into the previous month's spam. I'm hoping to provide you all with a blog similar to this one each month, showing the previous month's trend in spam messages. The amount of spam for November was slightly lower than that experienced in October, however this is still relatively high in comparison to the rest of the year. Looking at some figures provided by Postini, they are blocking 169% more spam messages than they were in September 2006. The type of spam has varied slightly, with spammers not using as many attachments as they had earlier in the year. The actual size of the messages is still comparable to last year. Growth of Spam Postini also blocks over 23 spam messages for each legitimate mail that gets through. As an example, if you didn't have any spam protection you would have received around 32,000 spam message so far this year, this is an increase on the 20,000 from last year. This information has been taken from an update provided by Postini and can be found in the original format here:- Postini threat advisory.

0 Thanks
2 Comments
2 Comments
grumps
I am delighted with the introduction of postini. After the debacle of the 'intrusion' , 'spam' was coming at me from all directions and this last christmas period has been 'overload'. Anyway, now my 'spam' has been significantly reduced from about 50/60 a day to 2/3. Well done Plusnet - in a non-patronising tone !! Regards. Grumps
Chris
Legend
Good to hear that the spam is now at a more acceptable level. We are still improving the Postini service and are looking to give more functionality in the future so keep an eye out for the announcements.