cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet wins not once but twice at key customers awards

True Sheffield grit and determination showed this week as our team braved the adverse weather to get in to the offices, demonstrating the teamwork and will to win that is core to the people of Plusnet. We all take pride in the continued service we deliver to our customers: it’s reasons like this  that Plusnet has continued to be recognised by the industry and customers. This never failing commitment to customer service was recognised in two separate award wins this week. At the MoneySuperMarket Awards this Wednesday, Plusnet scooped three major awards, all voted for by our customers: Best Value Broadband, Best for Quality and Reliability and Best for Customer Service. And Thursday night, we did it again at the uSwitch Broadband Awards, where Plusnet won the much coveted Best Customer Service, Best Value  Home Broadband and Best Broadband and Homephone awards. This is a a real testament to the quality of people in our business and the hard work we have put in over the last year.

0 Thanks
57 Comments
57 Comments
Mark20
Not applicable
Not sure how this was won? I have a simple request that has taken over 7 days and is still no further forward. The communication between call takers and network engineers seems non-existent. I cannot speak with anyone past the first line team to expedite my request and there is no escalation path though any management team. To top it off tried to process the request at 7am on the business helpline where I was told that the business support is from 8-8 and they only have residential support on and this from their website "Unrivalled phone and online support from our dedicated 24/7 UK-based Business Support Team" ... I cant think of anything further from the truth.
shelleyxpz2
Not applicable
Try leaving PlusNet to go to another provider and see how their customer relations team really take care of overcharging you and failing to respond to your questions. They will not even answer your questions until after you have left. Also remember not to pay in advance for your line rental, as this will not be refunded. Then they will attempt to charge a cessation fee of £30. Which their customer service team will say its for the MAC code to give to your new provider. Even if the new provider like Sky and TalkTalk do not require a MAC code. Sky and TalkTalk use their own LLU system, that does not need or use a MAC code. PlusNet will also try to charge you for services after the date of your termination date. As you will note that you pay in advance for all your services each month. Then when you ask questions about these service charges, they say " we will refund the overcharges". Yes I know they will!! The customer service is now so poor. To be fair not all of them should be tarred with the same brush as some are helpful but some don't care how they talk to their customers. but since their transfer to Leeds it seems to have gone from good to poor. Their MD should do test calls on his or her own staff. But try them out and see for yourself. They really should listen to their customers more because recommendations from other customers really override fancy adverts on the media.
Chris
Legend
Hi Mark, Unfortunately your issue required input from a different department, I'm sorry to hear that the support you received didn't live up to expectations.
Chris
Legend
Hi there, To clarify a couple of things here. The £30 cessation fee should only be charged if your line is ceased, if oyu migrate to a different provider via the MAC process or a recognised migration process then this won't be charged. Until we receive notification that your transfer out has occurred, the billing will continue as normal. Once the notification is received we calculate the amount you've paid and refund any money owed back to you.
shelleyxpz2
Not applicable
Chris can you advise what this quote means on your Forum? Quote I believe the plan is to move to 'Notice of Transfer' rather than MAC based switching, pretty much as happens with phone lines. MACs become a thing of the past in June this year- Yes, in light of the confusion over cessation charges that we've seen on here recently, I've been looking around for a definitive answer to when this comes into force. It seems clear that this comes into force from June 2015 for broadband transfer but it seems that it MAY already apply when transferring both Phone AND broadband.
Paul22
Not applicable
I can't wait until my contract finishes - plusnet speed is useless. I rue the day I left talktalk. Who did plusnet survey? Joke company.
Marce
Not applicable
PlusNet wins 'Key customer awards.' Hmm. Google PlusNet reviews and there are a lot of unsatisfied customers. I've noticed there's a 'ticket' to indicate our ongoing problem is being investigated. Nothing heard from PlusNet over a week later. With sinking heart I see we're signed up until April. Broadband comes and goes and 'drops off' customer services have noted. This is despite a brand new filter and router being fitted. As self-employed people access to the internet is essential. Doing online tax returns with the broadband 'dropping off' isn't acceptable, neither is doing online banking and purchasing. I wish we could leave PlusNet. I see there's Superfast broadband? We would settle for a reliable working broadband that works all day and doesn't 'drop off' dramatically after 9pm. As for the land line, the telephone crackles so loudly my husband uses his mobile to contact customers and that's expensive. This always happens whenever it rains, snows, is misty and damp. A daily and hourly problem as this is typical British weather. So PlusNet will not be winning over any new customers as we tell friends and family to go to B.T. or Sky. Yes you will pay more but these companies have far more satisfied customers. Have to leave as the broadband will probably 'drop off' before I can post this message.
lindsey_Hodges
Not applicable
They used to be great at customer service almost as good as the renowned first direct bank, not anymore though no one tells you that the great discount your offered is for 12mth but your then tied in for 24 mth paying a fortune. Also they state best offers for phone and broadband customers but this is only true if its your first year with them as I've just found out loyal customers get ripped off and fobbed off instead, whilst new customers can have it at half the cost and no tie in. Will be moving as soon as my contracts up along with my dad who's had same treatment too. A dissapointing end to a company that I initially recommended to everyone.
Mr_F_J_SWAN
Not applicable
As recent joiner of PlusNet, and so far having no problems, I decided to comment on the rather technical comments already here. As a small organisation in it's infancy, give it a chance.
martyn_muzyka
Not applicable
I have had six engineer visits from bt openreach in 18 months, by phone line is virtually unusable and my broadband speed varies from 0.1 mbs to 0.6 at present, despite my emails I am ignored you have to wait 40 minutes to get through and the only way you get to speak to a manager is to refuse to put the phone down, this has taken over my life the amount of time I ave spent over 18 months trying to get a working consistent phone and broadband you would not believe. Plusnet has "not done me proud" and I find those adverts galling.
Bart1
Not applicable
You are so bad that I don't know who give you that aword.
Michael_Finn
Not applicable
Having read the above I am glad to know I am not alone. I am leaving Plusnet and can get no answers to my queries. I have tried emailing them and received an email from them saying they could not answer my email "That's because emails can easily be lost, misdirected or even deleted and we think it's better if this doesn't happen." This from a communications company. Apparently Plusnet prefer "electronic tickets" but gave no indication of how to set one up. I tried the chat line but not one of my queries was answered. To get to the chat line I had to say it was an account query, if I said a cancellation query I couldn't us the chat line only phone. When my package was set up the phone service was not operational until two weeks after my broadband. Because of this, now it has come to change supplier, Plusnet want to charge me for moving two weeks early. So I am being penalised because Plusnet took another two weeks to activate the phone service. For these two weeks Plusnet have calculated that call charges will be a massive 80% of my annual charge.
dylan_jennings
Not applicable
my internet is slower than normal it have been for 1 week now since i moved my router upstairs dont know what to do pleas help
76nil
Grafter
No company gives great service to existing customers when they are offering great deals only to new ones. They obviously don't care. Offers should be for loyalty instead of which we pay more so they can attract new customers.
Happy
Not applicable
I have been with Plusnet for three years and have no complaints. Especially when compared to Talk Talk and Virgin;I have tried both. Maybe different regions have different experiences with all providers.
zaphodb
Dabbler
My personal experience with plusnet has been excellent. The only problems I have ever experienced relate to the router that is provided, but now I have my own (asus ac66) the service is bulletproof and goes like stink. I have just finished my original contract period for fibre extra, and negotiated a deal to stay for another 24 months. Service has been excellent. So refreshing to deal with Plusnet, and such good value. I comes as no surprise whatsoever that Plusnet received these awards to me. Thanks for doing an excellent job.
R2P22
Not applicable
Along with others who have posted here ... I too am baffled as to how or why PlusNet have received any award. I have been wholly disillusioned with their high charges and abysmal so called 'service' since day one of having switched to them in December 2014 and have since that time been preparing my case for their Independent Adjudication Process in order to move to another supplier. Totally outraged and resent any penny paid to PlusNet. I am encouraged to see that I am not alone for this further supports my case.
malnuk
Dabbler
Although I have had very few problems with Plusnet I am disappointed that it takes forever for this ISP to introduce what has become the norm with other providers. Plusnet TV, where is it? Self Install Fibre , where is it? Decent quality equipment instead of the cheap Technicolor rubbish?(I've bought my own BT Hub 5 ). Complete BT Sport with an Apps? I'm very nervous of upgrading to fibre after reading the multitude of complaints in the Forum. I have been with Plusnet since 2010 when it was easy to talk to someone if you had a problem, now you seem to be in a queue forever, one of the things that made Plusnet special was it's customer service - UK based, great! reading forum comments it seems you can get through to Mumbai quicker! My contract runs out shortly and I will be watching and reading before I decide whether to stay with P.N. or move on.
Bev_Woolner
Not applicable
Tried to move all my internet phone etc over to Plusnet - what a disaster. Paid for all the services and got line rental and broadband only they mixed the order up and cancelled the phone bit. BT have now sent me a bill for my phone services. All I got was we are very sorry and an offer of a months free broadband. Big deal if I have to pay BT all that money because of Plusnet incompetence. Why didn't I stay with BT!!!!
Mrs_S_McKenna
Not applicable
In support of most of the above posts, and particularly in response to Mark (2nd Feb 2015) 'Not sure how this was won?' When the competition is as poor as Talk Talk, for example it is not surprising that Plusnet are rated better. The awards would be of valuable in a higher standard market. It is such a shame that the level of customer service, initially a prime focus in this local company, is now obviously sadly lacking for numerous customers.
robert_gillan
Not applicable
Not sure why awards keep going to Plusnet as my experience shows the company don't have a clue when it comes to customer service. Could be these awards are for last year, however I have referred my complaint to CISAS as I was not willing to spend another two months trying to resolve an issue on line or on the phone. HAving to spend 15 minutes on hold to speak with a representative listing to music from a bygone era is not my way of spending a morning.
Chris
Legend
Without seeing the full context and rest of the conversation I wouldn't be in a position to comment on that.
Chris
Legend
Sorry that you're seeing poor speeds. Have you reported this to our faults team?
Chris
Legend
If the landline is crackling, this is most likely to be the cause of the broadband issues. Are we investigating this as a phone fault for you?
Chris
Legend
Hi Lindsey, When a new deal is agreed to we confirm this over the phone and also in an email to the contact details on the account. Sorry that you're unhappy we couldn't provide the introductory discount as an ongoing price.
Chris
Legend
Hi Bart, Sorry that you're unhappy, if you've got an issue we can help with please post over on our community forums at http://community.plus.net/forum/ and we'll do what we can to help.
Chris
Legend
Hi Dylan, Do your speeds go back to normal when you connect your router back to where it was previously? If so it sounds like your internal wiring is the cause of the problem.
Chris
Legend
Hi Michael, If you want to discuss cancellation then the best way is over the phone. If it's a more general query you can use the help assistant at https://help.plus.net to create a support ticket.
Chris
Legend
Hi there, If you're interested in a new deal you can speak to our customer options (cancellations) team by giving them a call on the numbers shown on our website.
Chris
Legend
Hi Malcolm, The services and new products you mention are things we're excited about here too. We have just started sending a different router out instead of the Technicolor 582n. I can't comment on the other items at the moment unfortunately but when we have more news we'll make sure we announce it.
Bill_Elder
Not applicable
In my opinion they are deliberately trying to defraud customers who have paid thier Line Rental upfront and have agreed to pay by direct debit by continually adding the £15+ Monthly Line Rental to the Bill even after numerous complaints and DD cessations on my part
Sabina
Not applicable
One word...CRAP....only been a c plusnet customer since November, 1st router had to be swapped as every day the internet would drop, got a new router and guess what after 2 months of no problems same problem has arisen. Been on the phone everyday since Friday apparently no internet due to problems with an exchange, apparently services resumed as normal. Been on the phone everyday after a 30 minute wait on each occasion, having to deal with the most unhelpful, rude and incompetent staff. Going through the same routing of re-setting the modem and router every time and changing wireless channels....getting a tad boring now, and guess what the internet drops again every couple of hours!! Looking to cancel, cheap prices for a cheap crappy service
Tracy_Rowan
Not applicable
The worst broadband I have ever experienced, I wish I hadn't paid upfront for 12 months. I can't use any catch up tv, as all I get is freezing and buffering, so disappointed. Cannot FaceTime my son in USA for same reason. Have complained to,plus net but just received a generic email in reply, will be leaving as soon as I can
Mike_Turner
Not applicable
Really unimpressed with the customer service so far (which we still haven't got!) - still waiting to get connected! Engineer for change over requested 20th February pm - offered March 3rd am which was not possible for me. Called and changed to 4th march pm (25 minutes on hold before anyone answered) 4th March - no engineer, old broadband cut off - we now have no broad band! Called for help - (again on hold 25 minutes before anyone answered). Told engineer coming 6th March am. They sympathised but said not their fault, BT's fault - it certainly isn't my fault! I really hope we get internet back on the 6th or cancelling.
Heather_symonds
Not applicable
We joined Plusnet a few weeks ago and have had a few problems, but the customer service and help we have had from Plusnet staff has been wonderful. Julie in particular has been amazing. We are so glad we have switched to plusnet.
Ryszard_Musiela
Not applicable
I joined Plusnet for the cheapest deal as a new customer. For almost 2 years by broadband was excellent. However recently in the past 3 months I had numerous outages, it seems they are becoming more frequent. One of the suggestions from the support team was to leave my router switch all the time, so for the past month that's what I did. And the outages are still happening just when I have some important work to do. For about 5 minutes my router loses all it's lights and basically resets itself, then everything is OK for the next couple of days. This level of service is unacceptable. I searched the support web site, but there is no link to raise a ticket. I can only call the support line and the automated voice says there is a queue and I would have to wait 15 minutes to speak to someone. I've one been with Sky and I never once had an issue. I really don't believe that Plus Net has an award if your service is interrupted on a regular basis. Onve my subscription ends I'll be leaving plusnet, I've had enough!
Ryszard_Musiela
Not applicable
Yes, well, when you phone 0800 432 0200 it says I can raise a trouble ticket online, so where is the link? Now it says I have to wait 30 minutes to speak to someone.
Ryszard_Musiela
Not applicable
Marce said: "February 9th, 2015 at 3:00 pm So PlusNet will not be winning over any new customers as we tell friends and family to go to B.T. or Sky. " Plusnet is PART OF BT. I also left BT for their outrageous charges and ridiculous invoicing. One of my colleagues left Sky for similar reasons. Although I know Sky is 100% reliable I chose Plusnet to check if low price will affect service and also to kill the line rental price. It seems like you have to trade in something. Prepaid yearly line rental is not longer as cheap at Plusnet as it was.
Jan_Lang
Not applicable
I had a problem about 1 hour ago,and, unfortunately didn't see feedback comments.So I'm stating them now: My assistant was clear/concise/pleasant/helpful.He explained everything he was doing and diligently stuck with me until it was resolved (giving me helpful advice for the future). He worked hard and went over his 'finish work' time. Thank you very much.
joclark
Grafter
Hi Bill, Sorry to hear about the billing issues which you have had. Has this been sorted or you still having the problems? If you are please send us a message on the Forum I will be happy to get on your account and see what I can do.
joclark
Grafter
Hi Sabina, Has this now been sorted? If not you could have a fault on your line. If you have still experiencing drop outs please post on the forum I will look into your account and hopefully find the solution. Jo
joclark
Grafter
Hi, Sorry to hear about the issues which you have experienced with being unable to watch programs or talk to your son. I hope you're not still having these issues, if you are however please raise raise a forum post and I will look in to your account. Jo
joclark
Grafter
Good afternoon Mike, is your service active ? did the engineer come on the 6th or are you still waiting to be activated. If you are please raise a ticket in the forum and I will look in to this for you. Jo
joclark
Grafter
Hi Heather, Sorry to hear that when you started with Plusnet you have a few issues. However, it is always a Pleasure when out staff are complimented for a job well done. I hope you enjoy the rest of the service. Jo
joclark
Grafter
Hi, Sorry to see that of late you have been having problems with the router, if this is still happening please raise a post on the forum I will have a look in to your account. Thanks Jo
joclark
Grafter
I apologies about the wait, as I have mentioned in the comment below, please raise a post on the forum. Thanks
joclark
Grafter
Hi Jen. Glad to hear the agent you spoke to was helpful. It always a pleasure to see when an agent has done a good job. Thank you for the positive feedback. Jo
malcwint
Not applicable
I have been with Plusnet for almost 10 years, and other than a blip in customer service a few years ago now, have had a great service at a low cost. The visibility of the service levels is excellent, and by being persistent with the website you can find a call centre number to sort things out when you need to, and there is a transparent ticketing system for faults. Although I have only used the fault reporting system a few times - mostly to do with landline issues that are not under the direct control of Plusnet. I have now also switched over by phone line and get a better deal on my phone too.
leavingPlusNet1
Not applicable
Just thought I'd add to the general surprise and disgust that PlusNet are winning awards for customer service. In my case it's been slow and totally unsatisfactory! Leaving but not forgotten.
Paul22
Not applicable
I waited for plusnet chat this morning for two hours to try to address my issues. No response. Still in queue. Plusnet service is NOT OF MERCHANTABLE QUALITY. The next time I see the plusnet advert on TV I will be taking it up with advertising standards. Who did they bribe to get an award? What was the award? Crappiest internet company?