cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet wins at 2013 Simplifydigital Customer Choice Awards

Simplifydigital awards logo Plusnet has been named 2013 winner of ‘Best Value Broadband Provider’ in the Simplifydigital Customer Choice Awards, which recognise the best UK digital services based on customer feedback. Simplifydigital, the UK’s only Ofcom accredited switching service for digital TV, home phone and broadband, used a comprehensive survey to obtain insight into the satisfaction of over 900 customers who had switched to a new provider within the last 12 months using its free, independent telephone switching service. Over the past 12 months more people have switched to Plusnet through Simplifydigital than to any other provider, with 90% of customers generally satisfied and over 80% feeling that the service offered “good” or “very good” value for money Charlie Ponsonby, CEO of Simplifydigital, commented on Plusnet winning Best Value Broadband Provider in the third annual Customer Choice Awards: “Plusnet’s continued commitment to deliver really great value broadband and home phone packages that are available across all UK postcodes earns them our Customer Choice Award for Value Broadband.” Katy Lomax, Head of Marketing at Plusnet said: “We really pride ourselves on our levels of customer service so it is gratifying to see these awards reflect something we work hard to achieve.” For more information on Simplifydigital and these awards, go to http://www.simplifydigital.co.uk/customerchoiceawards2013

0 Thanks
26 Comments
26 Comments
Geordiegal1
Not applicable
Well done!!
Steve6
Not applicable
And so say all of us !! Keep up the good work (and the great service !)
Anthony_Lancast
Not applicable
just get my Bill every month that is the only bad thing about plusnet then it is the cheep as peas lol great Broadband and phone love ya
Clive_Maddock
Not applicable
Plus net got me to renew my contract with a special offer but they did not give me the offer and are over charging me plus as I complaned they cut off my broadband.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Hi Clive, we're not in the habit of cutting peoples broadband off if they complain!? I'll happily take a look and see if there's anything I can do about the special offer if you can provide me with some means of identifying your account (username or recent support ticket reference?)
Paul_Miller
Not applicable
Just switched over from Sky Broadband. Only had the Internet up and running for a few days but very impressed with speed compared with Sky. If the phone service is gonna be as good as the Internet then Plusnet is a great company to switch to. Well done Plusnet. You deserve what awards you get!
Nick_Simpson
Not applicable
I've been trying to get my MAC code for the last 4 days, holding on the line for up to 30 minutes every time and still not getting to speak to someone. Heaven help anyone who actually needs customer service! Maybe the award decision making panel havnt phoned 0800 432 0200!!!!!!! Theres no email address to contact them either so an open forum tlike this is the only way to get through.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Hi Nick, sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving and sorry you've been kept waiting so long. You can also write to us to request cancellation - http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml
mark_gallagher
Not applicable
Plusnet are a total SHAM only way to contact them for a MAC key is a 30 min plus wait!!!! its the usual if its not in our intrests KEEP THEM WAITING customer service 1/10 total W.....S
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Sorry about the wait Mark, the Customer Options Team are really busy at the moment. If it's more convenient you could write to us to request your MAC instead - http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml
chris_hay
Not applicable
I don't know how you won any awards you lie to customers when you sell them your products broad bands speeds are not what i was told and its always dropping its connection if i had the money i would buy my way out of the contract and move on to a dongle I.E 3g rubbish service same bt crap different name.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Hi Chris, have you reported the problem to our helpdesk? Sounds like there may be a physical fault with the circuit if it keeps on dropping Sad
doug_godden1
Not applicable
moment no good on line look like too much cut out line??. Sad
liz_marner
Not applicable
i was paying 11 99 a month why has the payments went up too 14 99 a month i would be greatful if you would give this your attention
Chris
Legend
Hi Liz, It looks like you were on a special offer that you agreed with our team, that's now expired after 12 months. If you want to discuss a reduction in cost you'd be best giving us a call again.
mervyn_lightnin
Not applicable
get good service from plusnet do what they say had trouble with our broadband but they allways got it up and running very quickly well done and thanks
milucy
Not applicable
Customer service and information is appalling. Charged 3xs then took another month and 4 calls to get it refunded. Different amounts for moving service and cancellation. No way to email them back. I feel now I'm being forced to move to Virgin. Better training for staff I would recommend
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Sorry to hear that Maureen. If there's anything I might be able to help with then let me know. I'd just need some method of identifying your account like your username or a recent support ticket reference.
Martin2013
I have just (April 30th 2013) completed transfer of my elderly father-in-law's phone and broadband FROM BT to PlusNet. So far, PlusNet customer support via their free web ticket system has been absolutely, totally, bloddy marvellous! They have REAL, knowledgeable, friendly people up there. TOP Class support at a lower price AND the new white modem/router they supplied is less power-hungry, and works better here than the old BT one ON THE SAME LINE. I'm truly sorry if other people have not enjoyed the same excellent service that we have, and I really don't know why that is, but I can offer one suggestion: If you want to experience really, REALLY poor support, lies, deceit and fraud then, and only then, try VM's non-english speaking support or BT's faulty order/billing "system" and their "We are biggest, therefore we are never wrong", we have to give millions to our shareholders so we need to keep the fifty quid we stole from your father-in-law "support" attitude. (These comments are truthful, mine, and my responsibility alone. so sue me BT or VM, Please!) I can't wait for PlusNET to provide Cable at my home address. I'll be first of many VM victims in my area to sign up with PlusNET. I just pray in the meantime that BT's ownership of PlusNET does not mess it all up!
Haf1
Not applicable
Plusnet were great when I started with them, so helpful. Now that I am trying to cancel, they are a nightmare and worthty of reporting to Ofcom. The cancellation line is only open 9-5.30, when most people are working and if you try to call in your break you can queue for 30 minutes (and no number to call that would be included in most people's inclusive mobile minutes either) A complete shambles. You may be the cheapest but I will certainly be spreading the word not to go near you.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Hi Haf, sorry to hear you're thinking about leaving and sorry you've been kept waiting. We *do* have a number that you can use your inclusive mobile minutes with, it's 0345 140 0200. If you're having difficulties getting through to us then you can always drop us a letter in the post. IIRC there's a ten day notice period anyway so it shouldn't delay things.
Emma_Lewis
Not applicable
Really disappointed with Plusnet. Only been with you just over a month and had to contact you several times. Information doesn't get passed on to other departments, get over charged, don't get replies, half hearted apologies etc etc. Considering leaving and getting a different supplier as I've spent more money on phone calls to you to rectify your mistakes than my actual monthly fee for using you. Would not point any friends or family in your direction. REALLY poor customer service/customer care.
Denise
Not applicable
I was due to go live with my Plusnet broadband sometime tomorrow. Bt got the huff and cut me off last night! When I spoke to Plusnet they managed to get me up and running within three hours. Now that's what I call service. I chose them on the basis that most people who are happy with the service don't bother saying so and they appear to have less customer service issues than most of the others. So far so good. Also BT informed me that speed would be reduced by 40% but were unable to explain why - they were wrong!
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@Emma Lewis, sorry to hear we've let you down :( If there's anything you think I might be able to help with then let me know. I'd just need some method of identifying your account i.e. a recent support ticket reference or your account username. @Denise, thanks for the positive feedback and welcome aboard!
vmounsey
Not applicable
firstly:- i joined plusnet through simplydigital and at first everything seemed great. I paid for an installation fee of £49, 1 months fibre optic and 1 months line rental and postage and packaging upfront with simply digital. They then sent notification through the post of what i had singed up for and what i had paid and it stated on the letter that no installation fee needed to be paid. I contacted both simply digital and plusnet and of course it was the letter that was wrong and it was simplydigitals fault so i asked for a correct letter to be sent out. Simply digital sent out another letter which again says i should not have paid installation! However, a plusnet agent did send me an email stating the correct fees which i had paid. secondly:- the installation was a big inconvenience. i work nights and so when an engineer turned up a day early just as i was going to bed i was a bit miffed but i was in so not too bothered until 6 hrs later i was still up waiting for the engineer to collect all his gear out of my house. The next day (when the installation was agreed) plusnet confirmed several times that the firbre optic would still go ahead and that was what would happen on this installation. no one showed as i expected and it was 2 weeks later that my broadband was sorted. Again, of course plusnet did not take responsibility and it was all BTO fault. finally:- i was billed for a full months broadband after making numerous phone calls to check the discount was being applied. On the last phone call i made i was told by a plusnet advisor that the incorrect amount would probably be taken and that i have to call and sort it out. WHY??????? this just sounds like your staff have as little faith in your ability to get things right as some of your customers do. i did call and it has now been sorted but i feel like plusnet are very lazy and not proactive in wanting to make things easier for customers. i feel like i have done all the chasing with this and im just a bit dissapointed. you are all very quick to push the blame to your suppliers etc but i dont care about that. Im YOUR customer and whoever you choose to do your odd jobs for you is your business but you should still take responsibilty for the way your customers are being treated. The connection speed and phone line do seem to be working well so i just hope the customer service enhances to a similar standard.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@vmounsey, sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience :( Based on what you've said, I imagine the confusion with the letter is down to there being two separate installation costs in your case? One for the fibre install (free) and one for the installation of the phone line? Most customers have an active (or recently stopped) line at their premises. I'm guessing Simplifydigital's letter doesn't cater for those that require a full line install. Our hands are tied to a certain degree as far as BT Openreach are concerned because there isn't an alternative. They're the only ones capable of making changes on the BT Wholesale network (which our entire broadband platform is based on). That said, I'd expect a certain degree of empathy where things go wrong and a proactive desire for us to do what we can to make good of a bad situation. I'm glad to hear all's up and running now and that you're happy with the physical service itself. If you'd like me to check over your billing etc. then feel free to provide me with your username or a recent support ticket reference from your account. That would also allow me the opportunity to find out what went wrong and investigate whether or not we can do anything to prevent similar situations arising in the future.