cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet staff take on marathon challenge in aid of Jane Tomlinson Appeal

Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon Eleven employees from phone and broadband provider, Plusnet, will bravely pound the streets of York this October taking on the challenge to run the Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon 2014. The runners – will line-up as part of 7,000 strong field including both elite athletes and famous faces – to run 26.2 miles on Sunday 12th October. The team will be taking on the challenge to raise funds for the Plusnet charity of the year, the Jane Tomlinson Appeal. Despite this being only the second time this event has taken place, the event is in huge demand and all running places sold out within hours. The picturesque run – which is flatter and faster than London, Paris, Chicago and Berlin - takes participants past some of York's splendid historic sites and along scenic country lanes, making it an attractive prospect for runners of all abilities. Julian Walshaw, who works as a Sales and Retention Advisor and ran last year's marathon in a time of 4 hours and 8 minutes commented on his decision to run again:

"Well I do love a challenge, so after last year's fantastic experience I'm more than happy to put myself through it again and beat my personal best. To top it off, it's a great charity this year so it's a win for everyone."

Chris Pettitt, a first-time marathon runner and part of the Digital Care team at Plusnet, said:

"First off, I've never run a marathon before, or even a half marathon, so it should be quite interesting.”

Richard Babs-Apata, a Technical Support Advisor based in Plusnet’s new Leeds office said,

“Running a marathon is something I have always wanted to do.  It sounds like cliché I know but the fact is, it’s for a good cause.  I want to prove that nothing is impossible and to be part of a team doing something to help make other people’s lives better.”

Richard in training

Richard Babs-Apata from our Leeds office, getting set for the big challenge ahead

Siobhan Curtis, Legacy Manager at the Jane Tomlinson Appeal said:

“The continued support we receive from the staff at Plusnet is simply fantastic. It’s great to see so many deciding to take on the Marathon challenge this year not only to achieve their own personal goals but in the process to raise money for the Appeal.”

Plusnet’s runners aim to raise over £2,500 for the Jane Tomlinson Appeal, to support them please go to their fundraising page: https://mydonate.bt.com/charities/plusnetpeoplesupportthejanetomlinsonappeal Plusnet running team

Some of the Plusnet running team in group training

Are you taking part in this year’s Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon?  Leave a comment below to tell us your story...

0 Thanks
0 Comments