cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet shortlisted for PC Pro Awards

PC Pro magazine has just released the shortlists for its annual IT awards. We're delighted to have made the shortlist for Best ISP. The PC Pro Awards have been around for a few years now. The results are compiled from the UK's largest independent survey of IT customer satisfaction, so we're always happy to be involved. This year we've been shortlisted for Best ISP. Madasafish has made the shortlist too, so we'd like to give our congratulations to our colleagues over in South Africa. The results will be announced later in the year and we'll have our fingers crossed until then. Keep an eye on the Community Site to see if we win another award.

0 Thanks
11 Comments
11 Comments
grumpy_ol_git
Not applicable
I would have described you as award winning as well, then until today I was a very satisfied customer. However today I discovered you were censoring my internet despite original assurances that you didn't. But I must say the open and frank admission by your customer adviser and the offer of a month's free subscription were an unexpected level of customer service yet again.
Kelly
Hero
Jackketch: Do you have a ticket id I can look at to investigate that?
grumpy_ol_git
Not applicable
Kelly, sorry no, it was done over the phone. There's very little that can be done about it.
grumpy_ol_git
Not applicable
ps. I'll enjoy my month's free subscription and then look around, when my contract ends, for an ISP which doesn't feel the need to stop me reading what some bearded, wild eyed, hook handed, muslim nutjob has to say for himself. I'll probably email my MP too just so I know I have done something...you know that whole 'For evil to triumph' thing.
Kelly
Hero
We aren't blocking the site you are talking about. I've just confirmed that. Are you sure it doesn't just have flaky hosting and routing? The only blocking that is done is for sites identified by the IWF which is out of our control. For more information, have a look here: http://www.iwf.org.uk/
grumpy_ol_git
Not applicable
Uhm sorry but you don't know what site(s) I'm talking about. I'm assuming you've looked at my last tech support ticket and got confused. This is NOT about the site mentioned there. We'll never know if the sites I'm talking about are on the IWF's list will we, because you keep those details secret as per your NDA with them, right?
s_d_c
Dabbler
@jackketch - oh, the world is out to get me. Seriously, this has nothing to do with the shortlisting for an award. I spy a troll?
grumpy_ol_git
Not applicable
@s_d_c, yeah sorry it does sound a bit like it comes from under the bridge doesn't it? But these awards are for customer Satisfaction , right? Would you think comments like "Well done plusnet-a satisfied customer" also trolling? Anyways you're right that isn't really the place for a discussion of plusnet's censoring of the internet(which I hoped you noticed they admit). My comment was simply me expressing my levels of both statisfaction and dissatisfaction as a premium business rate customer. I didn't realise that Kelly was going to try and play Sherlock Holmes and come up with the wrong answer. I'm going to leave this now unless Kelly has more to say on the issue (email would be better).
s_d_c
Dabbler
Fair enough if you have a valid concern, just didn't think that the comments section of a community site article was the best place for it to get read, without painting PNT in a bad light for ONE incident. AFAUI, they haven't admitted censoring the internet, just following the guidelines of the IWF (who draw up which sites to block). Have you followed up the question about flaky routing/hosting (via the appropriate channels, of course 😉 )?
grumpy_ol_git
Not applicable
Uhm if my ISP is censoring the web (which is what 'blocking sites surely is) on the say so of an unelected, unaccountable star chamber of internet-sheriffs then they deserve to be portrayed in a very bad light. Thing is, far as I know, Kelly isn't even allowed to tell me if the site(s) in question are indeed on the IWF list.
Kelly
Hero
Jackketch > Feel free to PM me from the forums to continue the discussion.