cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet receive Good Housekeeping Reader Recommendation

We’re delighted to announce that our phone and broadband customer service is now Good Housekeeping Reader Recommended. An incredible 91% of surveyed readers who have a Plusnet phone and broadband package felt that the package represented good value for money, with 82% saying that they would definitely or probably recommend Plusnet to a friend. A questionnaire developed by the experts at the Good Housekeeping Institute, was sent to the readers asking them to comment on their package in four main areas. Performance, overall acceptability, propensity to purchase and whether they’d recommend the service were the areas queried. The results showed that 88% of GH readers agreed that the initial set up information gave them everything required to get started and the router was dispatched quickly. 71% felt the speed of their connection was satisfactory and 79% were happy with the reliability of their connection. Additionally, 87% of surveyed customers said they are likely to remain with Plusnet once their current contract expires. Plusnet are the first broadband company to gain this recommendation and you can see more information on the Good Housekeeping website. *Good Housekeeping Reader Recommended 2014 Trial, 126 GH Readers, June 2014.

0 Thanks
64 Comments
64 Comments
petecov44
Grafter
I wonder how many will leave with the price increase.. That's where the real test will lie.
martyn11
Not applicable
personally I would never recommend PlusNet to anybody. They are as poor as all the rest and offer nothing of distinction when compared to any other provider of slow and expensive services. Support is secondary to selling and standards are dropped in the name of squeezing extra profit wherever possible. The site is outdated and poorly non-intuitive.
RichAllen
Grafter
I am half tempted to bin PN and go with the 2 years free Broadband offer from Sky.
flexo1966
Grafter
Have tried ringing today but gave up after 30 minutes. Please let me leave this disgrace of a company. Went with plusnet because it was endorsed by Which? Magazine. It took over 2 months to get my phone and broadband running. This entailed the engineer failing to turn up for the initial connection, two accounts being opened, my phone number of 20 years being lost, all phone sockets in the house being disabled and still after all this time slow connection speed. So I pick up the phone and call "customer support". Give me a break please, support ? I was on the phone 1 hour and 40 minutes two Fridays ago for them to agree to an engineer come out. I then got a e-mail saying that the engineer had been and the problems with the phone sockets and speed issues had been fixed. What engineer I asked after waiting 43 minutes to get an answer from "customer support". Two days later I get an e-mail saying there had been a mistake and the engineer would arrive on either the 22/23/24 of July. 22/23//24 came and passed and no engineer. However he did turn up unannounced on the 25 ! Then I get a phone call saying sorry and that plusnet will offer me some sort of compensation.....won't hold my breath. Another point is that plusnet software doesn't support Mac o/s. So there is no plusnet assist or McAfee which I am paying for. Talktalk had a family filter so with a press of a button you can mediate what family can see or not. I pay for 76Meg broadband and when they first assessed my line they told me I would only be able to get 63Meg max. So here for all to see after over 2 months is what plusnet are supplying me. Yet the still continue to charge for 76Meg. I didn't do my homework before I agreed to this contract and am now paying the price for this company's gross incompetence.
Adrian1
Not applicable
Funny how we all have different experiences. I rate PN 10/10. The staff are great on the phone (down to earth ready to help) and dont rush you off- they get it sorted!, try that with BT.(load of****) Yep we could say price rise is a bit of a downer, perhaps the management could show a break down of the facts and figures.
Alasdair1
Not applicable
Agree with the above comments - the customer service is appalling - 20 minute wait on phone sp gave up and email not responded to after 72 hours despite them claiming to reply with 39 hours (and that is a crazy response time anyway). Will be moving asap
oldbaldeagle
Grafter
Sorry no I wouldn't recommend Plusnet to anyone. I can't wait for the end of my contract - I might even go back to TalkTalk.
John_Swallow
Not applicable
I will never again recommend plusnet! Just switched bank accounts and out of around 20 direct debits plusnet is the only one that screwed up. Things happen so I sent them an email. So busy are plusnet polishing their arses and trophies they can't be bothered to respond. Not strictly true! They have sent a threatening email and suspended my services for non payment. No doubt they will continue to do so. If they had read my email they would have realised I'm on holiday, in Cyprus. No plusnet here! Just great weather, cheap food and drink and a dodgy internet connection. I'll enjoy my holiday and then go back to Virgin. You pay more for Virgin but speed on internet is faster and more reliable. I've always had great service even with their non uk based call centres. All service providers will have problems from time to time. It's what they do to sort it out that's important. Plusnet does bugger all except hassle in reality. They don't even give you a simple, "email us" option no wonder they don't get any complaints. "Jess" must be their employee of the year! As Mr Royle might say, " customer service , my arse" They should rename poor old, Jess after someone more in line with their service ethos, a character from Monty Python perhaps? John
LukeS1
Not applicable
Hi all, Sorry to hear about your concerns. If you need assistance with your issues a good place to start may be the community forums. Alternatively, you could raise a ticket - https://contactus.plus.net/ or call our support team on 08004320200
Shirley_G
Not applicable
I have found Plusnet OK up to now - - though I am having difficulty getting a response from their customer services at present and it is true that there is generally a very long wait to answer the phone on their award winning call centre.
Dawuz
Not applicable
Thinking of upgrading to fibre unlimited and moving phone over, all I needed to know is can I keep my No. 20 mins on phone (until battery died) = nothing......"ASK US A QUESTION IT'S QUICKER ONLINE" 58hrs expected answer time! how the hell does it take so long to answer a phone or reply to a message? I was thinking of upgrading but being you are trying to sell me a phone line but then can't answer your own speaks volumes, sales, sales & sales but service seems non existant I'm not seeing it at all...and judging by these comments neither is anyone else, I'm not going to upgrade now, I have no confidence in signing a 18month contract if you can't answer a simple question or your own help line No's when there's no problem, I dread to think what it would be like if I had a fault. Bad service is costing you customers.
Richard_Brown
Not applicable
I have been with PN for years and am reasonably happy with them, however I recently signed up for an 18 month contract, prior to the phone package announced price rise. Presumably this will not affect me as I am on contract, or will it?Huh
Dave_Tilbury
Not applicable
Today I came to log on to report another fault. I don't know if it is me or if it's the design of the web page but as frequently as I've had to do this over the ten weeks I've been a PlusNet customer I still cannot go directly to the required page. No matter. In the bier period I've been with this ISP I've suffered several periods without an internet connection; without phone or internet and now I have the bizarre situation where I have internet but no phone. I must have devoted two working days to chasing PN over faults - faults reports; faults that have been supposedly fixed, a router that you could cook on.A truly appalling experience for anyone that needs to work from home - mainly updating web sites...!
lilian_scott
Not applicable
wish I hadn't changed from sky,won't accept my user number or password,telephone constant buzzing and broadband sticking, asking for help is a waste of time,can't get a straight answer.
lilian_scott
Not applicable
typical 24 hours for 20min. job
lucygooner
This is without doubt the worst broadband service we have ever had. Joined PN on 29th May. First couple of weeks were fine. Now, it is unusable. Contacted PN support on 1st August. Problems with broadband speed still not solved. Now, totally fed up. Tried to call on Friday 7th Aug (call waiting time was 40 + minutes). Today, it's worse (1 hour waiting). I have no idea how PN have any recommendations from Which or Good Housekeeping. I want my money back. Am already looking for a different provider. WOULD NEVER RECOMEND PLUSNET TO ANYONE.
John_C
Not applicable
Absolutely appalled with this company, changed from Sky broadband to PN to get their fibre optic broadband, it took over 6 weeks to be installed and although wr now have a speed of 28MB in the same room as the router the rest of house sits around 1.5mb meaning any device that is not in the same room as the router is useless. After calling PN we were advised to try all 13 wifi channels available to get the best speed and if we still had an issue to call back as "there are other routers we can send you". After checking all 13 channels with no improvement we called back and waited for customer services to answer for 1 hour and 10 minutes to get through to an incompetetent and uninterested team member who basically told us that PN only have an obligation to provide the broadband to "the front door" and the rest of the house is not their problem - if we want to improve speeds in other rooms we have to go out and buy a new router (he openly admitted that their router is very basic and completely substandard for the service) or homeplugs. I really wish we had checked reviews about PN before signing up as according to his manager we can only cancel the contract up to two weeks after signing up (so before we had the service!!) am sure this is nonsense. SO if you are thinking of joining PN please think twice, the salespeople will say anything to get you on board and customer service will wash their hands of you straight away.
Patrick1
Not applicable
Plusnet has failed to to send an engineer to put me onto fibre twice I have taken time out of my business to wait for them to turn up! I would not recommend Plusnet also having to wait for an hour for someone to answer the phone is madness
Tom_Hegarty
Not applicable
OOOpps! I've been trying to sign up online.....with no success, the next window never loads, on their site! Having read this lot, I can see why! I thought TalkTalk was carp! Plusnet are making them look good, even with constant disconnections! OH my aching head! Now what? Tom.
Tom_Hegarty
Not applicable
Just before I ride off into the sunset, check out Common Purpose on Google. Ignore the rant from the bloke down in Plymouth and the Saintly Bishop swearing by it! Just have a look at what a devious can of worms Common Purpose really is, with it's own hidden agenda! Sits with Ken Clarke and the Bilderburg Group nicely.
Jonpaul
Not applicable
Plusnet are truly shocking service provider and I would not recommend them to anyone. We have now been without a broadband/phone service for over 3 weeks and still they cannot give an answer when are service will be restored!!!
Chris14
Not applicable
Dreadful service - though you can always get through to the sales teams, of course. They managed to shut down my email account inexplicably, then made a meal of reinstating it - to be more precise the reinstatement is still a work-in-progress because although they told me it's reinstated, nobody can email me and I can't email anyone. Truly abysmal, dreadful, awful, terrible, frightful, atrocious, disgraceful, deplorable, shameful, woeful, hopeless, lamentable, laughable, substandard, poor, inadequate, inferior, unsatisfactory
lucygooner
I am now at the end of my tether , today I cannot , complete my shopping at Sainsbury, run a broadband speed check , or get on to the following web sights , Vodafone, Intaflora to order flowers ,or check my emails, Step away from PlusNet , I will never, never, ever recommend them to anyone. the temptation to cancel my direct debt and wait for them to take me to court is OVERWELMING. I have never had such a bad internet service . I agree with John C and wish I had checked PN out before changing ,
Nigel4
Not applicable
It would probably help if Plusnet spent a bit more time dealing with customer problems and a little less time patting themselves on the back. I have raised a ticket (90099178) about a speed issue which has been ongoing-I last raised it in June and after waiting a week for my ticket to be dealt with I ended up having to phone which means that the underlying problem has not been resolved. I posted the latest ticket last Friday at 9.15 am and all that is showing is an automated set of replies and nothing further has been done. So stop congratulating yourselves and start resolving the problems!
John_Benjamin
Not applicable
I registered a ticket four days ago about my line speed which is now sub 0.5mbps. No action for two days. I then rang and waited for 15 minutes to get a reply. I was promised a speed up but after a further two days, no improvement. I have tried to ring for the last four hours and the wait time has ranged from 30 minutes to 45 minutes. I consider this to be an appalling service whereby customers are denied service and when they ring to try to expedite things, the wait time is terrible. You can guess what I plan to do now.
Nigel4
Not applicable
It is also now 4 days since I reported a fault with no reply. I am leaving it at the moment to see how long Plusnet take because I cannot be bothered to sit on the phone for an hour. Then I shall be taking it up with Ofcom. Clearly Plusnet aren't even monitoring this forum as there has been no response to any of the comments on here.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi all, We're very sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing. We're aware that the wait times are long and we are working on bringing them down. Our Faults teams are incredibly busy as they're still dealing with the backlog from the MBORC's last month which brought in a massive increase in faults being raised. They aim to respond within 72 hours, however, it may take longer due to the backlog. Apologies for this, they are doing their best to work as quickly and efficiently as possible. If you have any queries that we can help with in the meantime then you can contact us on our Community Forum, Twitter or Facebook. Regards, Linn K Customer Relations
Aumit
Not applicable
What a load of rubbish - clearly Plusnet is paying backhanders for that review! I have waited 2 months for my router to arrive, despite paying for the service! It's now been 10 days since my 3rd router was 'dispatched'; different addresses yet they seem to disappear into the Plusnet blackhole!! Never go with them!!
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi Aumit, We're sorry to hear that you've had a problem with the delivery of the routers. Please be assured that delivery problems with the router is something that we rarely see so please accept our apologies if this has happened. We would be more than happy to take a look into this for you if you can provide us with a support ticket number. Regards, Adam C Customer Relations
Nigel4
Not applicable
Well it is now 127 hours since I raised a ticket and still no response from Plusnet so I am sorry Linn but your excuse just doesn't wash. That is getting on for nearly twice your claimed 72 hours! And no response to the second ticket referring to the first ticket which I raised yesterday and all this to solve a problem first raised in June. Is there anybody actually working at Plusnet or is everybody on holiday?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi Nigel, Really sorry to hear of your wait time. Can you get in touch via the Community Forums, Twitter or Facebook and provide us with your account details so that we can look into that for you? Regards, Linn K Customer Relations
Nigel4
Not applicable
Sorry Linn but I don't do twitter or facebook and the forum won't let me log in at present but the ticket numbers are:90296528 & 90099178. This should be sufficient for you to trace me.
Maind
Not applicable
THE worst customer service EVER - all you lovely folk thinking that cancelling your direct debit will solve the problem need to know that PlusNet will continue taking money from your account because apparently there is something in the small print that allows them to do this!!! I have been trying to pay off the extortionate cancellation fees as I have sold my house and have been almost in tears with the frustration of being passed from pillar to post WHEN I can get anyone to answer the phone. Which and Good Housekeeping Awards(!!!) - what planet are they on? Cannot find anyone with a good word to say about this company which appears to me to be in meltdown - how much longer before they go under? Watch this space because all the clues are there! I am now on the verge of completing and filing a form on line for small claims...anyone on here considering hooking up with this company RUN AWAY!!!
stephen_collier
Not applicable
Hi Switched to plusnet on the 30/7/14, it is now the 21/8/14, thats 21 days, and i havent heard a thing other than my cash going out of the bank. Raised at ticket, heard nothing. Old provider has turned me off, so i now have no broadband at all at home. PLEASE SORT THIS OUT.
Marion_Gannon
Not applicable
I am amazed at the award things but have gone downhill from there on as I have never received such a rubbish service and cant wait to get rid of them
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi Nigel, Thanks for getting back to me. Having looked at ticket 90296528 - this was closed by yourself via the website. Ticket 90099178 is now with our faults team and they'll be back in touch after further investigation. Regards, Linn K Customer Relations
Robert_Bennie
Not applicable
Phoneline is down. No dialing tone. Have tried all the recommended courses of action. Can this be corrected...
P_Kirk1
Not applicable
PlusNet are good at housekeeping? That probably explains why they can't run an ISP and phone service. The waiting times they tell people are about 50% short of the actual waiting time. I have spent £8.50 on phone calls to try and correct their mistakes. I was told an engineer would call me within 48 hours, it took five days. I was told they would connect my broadband by the 8th of August, it was not connected until 15th August. I have set up a Direct Debit for my payments and they have cut me off. Please cancel my contract as you don't seem to be able to provide the service you offered me. If Peter Kay was at Edinburgh he would probably win the one-liner contest with, "PlusNet".
blim1
Not applicable
Fix the peer link agreement with level3.net so we can play games un EU servers (so basicly stop limiting the traffic to level3.net linksd because you want them to pay for your customers usage on whats ment to be a open net). How long has this been going on for? since BT owns the whole market? We pay you to provide us a service not use us as a way of making money from the "open net" and basicly destroying the internet for everyone.
pkirk
I rang plusnet on 3 August to tell them I was moving house - they said "I would have to open a new account with them, and an engineer will call you within 48 hours and your broadband will be installed by the 8 August". 48 hours passed and nothing from plusnet, I tried ringing them from my mobile, because they were installing my landline as well, and I spent £8 but never talked to anyone. They said 15 minutes waiting time, but I gave up each time after half an hour wait, I never tried when they said 45 minutes wait. I went to my bank on 8 August and cancelled the direct debit on my old plusnet account, because I did not want them taking two lots of payments from me and then waiting months to get it back. I received a text from plusnet at 19.30 on the 8 August saying, We will be installing your broadband on the 15 August and I would be charged £50 if I missed the appointment. The broadband was installed on the 15th, and I opened another direct debit for that account. Then on Friday 22 August, no internet, just a message saying I owed them £14 and I should pay it now. Well I don't owe them £14, so I tried to go into my account to ask what was happening, no luck my account was blocked - the message said No Account with that name. I tried to enter my account again on Saturday 23, at my son's house and on his computer, I got the same message. When I got home I rang them on my landline and put the phone on speaker,the battery on my phone ran out before they answered. Being a pensioner with arthritis in most my joints and a hip replacement, I rely on the internet to do my banking, shopping and keeping in touch with friends online. So with no broadband and no account with plusnet I went to the bank and started paper billing again, I also went to the Three shop and got a mobile dongle, good service and it works. Today Sunday 24 August I tried my account with plusnet once more, with my son sitting next to me, it did not work, no such account. I rang plusnet again to tell them they broke the contract and what I thought of them. When I was asked for my account name and password, I told them I havent got an account anymore, she started typing while she spoke to some man, when she got back to me she said I did have an account, and asked me, "did I type the username and password corectly", ha ha they are blaming me. My son and I had both tried to log in but there was no account plus I have been on the internet for 28 years, long before plusnet was telling lies and giving bad service. When she hung up I tried again and hey presto my account appeared by magic. I am also asking plusnet for a rebate on my line rental, because (1) I only got the landline because I needed it to receive the broadband. (2) I can't trust these people with my phone service. (3) They forced me to buy mobile internet because of their failure to provide a service.
Syed_A
Not applicable
I absolutely agree with John C's comments on 10th Aug 2014. The router and modem are not integrated, and does not support WiFi 802.11ac which other ISP routers do. The speed is appalling in upstairs room when compared to the speeds I receive when sitting next to the router downstairs. Just entered into this 18 months contract, I have to live with it now. They are not going to upgrade the routers, pretty sure.
P_Kirk3
Not applicable
The reason plusnet are so bad is they are part of the cesspit of all companies in Britain, B.T.
Margaret_Warde
Not applicable
I WOULD NOT RECOMEND PLUSNET TO MY WORST ENEMY, THEY ARE RUBBISH. I HAVE BEEN WITH THEM FOR ONLY TWO MONTHS AND THEy ARE TAKING MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT UNDER FALSE PRETENSES, I'VE HAD NO SERVICES FOR THE PAST 6 WEEKS. I HAD AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE ENGINEER ON 14TH AUGUST AND HE NEVER TURNED, NO COMMUNICATION WHAT SO EVER. NOW I HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY VIRGIN THAT PLUSNET NEVER TOOK OVER MY SERVICE.DON'T JOIN THEM UNLESS YOU WANT A BIG HEADACE. M WARDE
Allan_M
Not applicable
I must be one of the lucky ones as I have been with Plusnet for years, and have never had a problem. Question though: I have a BT line and Plusnet Broadband. If I upgrade to Plusnet Fibre why do I have to change my phone provider tp Plusnet. Aren't they owned by BT?
rosegowan
Not applicable
your post code finder is a load of rubbish I tried a number of post codes to no avail!
Bharti
Not applicable
They really are the worst provider I have ever experienced. They make appointments for engineers to turn up, then cancel them without telling you, or they just fail to turn up and blame it on OpenReach. Their staff contradict one another from call to call. Some of them tell outright lies, and treat you like an idiot. I know the problem is with the line from the street up this cul-de-sac but they refuse to do anything about as it will cost them too much. They say we would have to upgrade to fibre to improve the 5mbs the three users in the property have to share. Dropped packets are frequent, as are disconnects. I suspect BT have cherry picked their best people and just left the dross behind.
Tess
Not applicable
I am absolutely disgusted with the service you have provided me with! After a few weeks of being with you I have yet to have any sort of internet service. I've taken a day off work to receive aBTengineer...it was never anything to do with the cables. Download speed into the house is 7.4 and out of your router its 1.3! I'm sick of being on the phone to you and getting nowhere. I have been promised two call backs by managers...two days later...nothing! You eventually agreed to send a new router...which I had to arrange for someone to collect from the post office...You've sent the wrong one!!!! A fibre one! To add insult to injury I have just had the misfortune to speak to MARTIN in Customer SERVICE! He would do well to remember its SERVICE! We pay his wages! I am already furious and now I am incandescent! How dare he patronise me and mock what I am saying by pretending he doesn't understand what I mean???? He would not put me through to a manager as 'I am as well qualified as any manager to deal with this...I have 4 years experience!'...Really!?? How wonderful because I have 40 years experience in my area..and I would sack him for that attitude with customers who are already pissed off enough with your appalling service! I can't believe that you allow this to carry on. It's great having your cosy Yorkshire accents, but to be frank I would speak to Mumbai any day of the week than these types of arrogant youth!
jamiehheron
Not applicable
I must be one of the lucky people,I have been with PN 7 months had very good service even my change to viber went without a hitch. Even though it can take over 15mins to get though to call centre I found them very helpful and able to solve any problems I have had. 🙂
sparks2035
Rubbish i've been with plusnet since january and since mid august its all gone to pot can't get through to them by phone as they never pick up or i get disconnected i've left them 3 online messages and no reply, my special offer i signed upto is supposed to run till jan 2015 and they've even ended that with no explanation so i've contacted ofcom and cancelled my direct debit. NO MORE MONEY FROM ME.
I wouldn't want to join Plusnet nowadays - they used to be OK I certainly wouldn't trust them to run the billing for a Telephone. Hence, I have a BT landline and Plusnet fibre & I'm not changing!