cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet launches up to 20Mb broadband

Plusnet Premium BroadbandToday’s an exciting one for Plusnet, as we’re launching our first up to 20Mb broadband products - Premium and Pro. Over the last few months, together with our many customer volunteers, we’ve trialed the service itself; along with the new ordering and ‘back-end’ processes that go with it. Our new products offer our customers a greatly increased usage allowance as well as the potential for much higher speeds.

• Value remains the same and will offer standard up to 8Mb speeds.
  • Pro will be getting a speed boost to up to 20Mb, along with a usage increase to 20GB.
  • Brand new Premium will have 80GB peak time usage and up to 20Mb speeds.

For all of our products, usage between midnight and 8am is free and doesn’t count towards your usage allowance. Premium will cost £11.99 for the first 3 months and then just £15.99 if you’re in a low-cost area: see http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ - if not it’s still great value at £19.99.   You can see the costs, speeds and usage of the products in this table. Plusnet Broadband Table  If you’re already a customer and want the faster speeds, don’t worry. Provided your exchange has been enabled, we’ll be upgrading customers on certain older products in stages over the coming year. We’ll let you know more about this soon.  Although ADSL2+ isn’t yet available to all, coverage in the UK is increasing rapidly and currently is around 40% of the population. Along with potentially faster speeds, ADSL2+ (up to 20Mb) allows us to offer a much improved order journey. During the signup process we’ll ask you for your mobile number and keep you up to date with the progress of your broadband order through SMS text messages. All of our products now have a 12 month contract or a no contract option.  If you move to another provider within the first year you’ll just need to pay us back any setup or hardware costs you didn’t need to pay upfront. We’ve got more details of the new product and changes to the existing ones on the ADSL2+ Community FAQ here. If you want to ask us questions about this blog, or would just like to discuss it, you’ll be able to over on the discussion forums.

0 Thanks
13 Comments
13 Comments
Not applicable
[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Plusnet PLC, Simon Catlin. Simon Catlin said: RT @plusnet: Plusnet launches up to 20Mb broadband http://ow.ly/15Wuvp // Oh dear...Should be interesting over the next few months then. [...]
kimptoc
Any news/plans to offer the 20mb speed for the Business packages? Thanks, Chris
petejackson
Grafter
That's answered in the FAQ Chris (linked). We have only very recently updated our business products but we do plan to follow on with business products based on ADSL2+ in the New Year.
BackwardTrend
Not applicable
"Our new products offer our customers a greatly increased usage allowance" - unless you're on Unlimited then it's a case of "we'll give you the extra speed but we'll give you a usage allowance so you can't run away with it"... nice...
mitchell20
Grafter
Is there a list anywhere for the exchanges getting ADSL2+? I know there are lists of exchanges that already have it?
axisofevil1
Not applicable
Why does it say on the Premium offer "Free easy setup wireless router Has 4-ports (for connecting up to 10 desktop PCs)." Doesn't make sense!
Not applicable
[...] That’s meant a couple of late nights for the team, but that’s to be expected on a project as large as this one. If you aren’t sure what I’m talking about, go and read our announcement for Up to 20Mb. [...]
Dojomat
Grafter
Whoopie do, I would just like to get 2M's. Nice if you can get it. Aren't the slower speed users subsidising this?
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@BackwardTrend, are you talking about Premium because there isn't a usage allowance on Unlimited? Also, ADSL2+ isn't available on Unlimited at the moment. Certain older products will be included in our upgrade programme but we're yet to finalise which products this will be. @James Mitchell, do a search on your exchange at one of the following addresses and that should give you a rough indication as to when your exchange is going to be enabled: http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php @axisofevil, you can connect more than a single device wirelessly but I see your point. Our web content team are aware and will be looking to fix this shortly (ref: 58877). @Sid, no they're not subsidising. Bandwidth costs aside the tail cost is actually cheaper on the 21CN network. In addition to this we haven't priced accounts based on Speed for a long time.
Max2
Not applicable
WORSE ISP EVER MADE - THANKS BT!!!!! TO ALL THOSE THINKING OF GOING TO PLUSNET - DONT!!!!!!!!! PLEASE! DONT SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Hi Max, I've just replied to the comment you recently posted on another blog - http://community.plus.net/blog/2009/10/21/weve-lit-another-segment/#comment-16686
Calligrapher
The comment by Bob Pullen regarding Unlimited customers transition to ADSL2+ has alarmed and concerned me. I am a relatively recent Plusnet customer, one of the reasons for coming to Plusnet and choosing Unlimited was a categorical assurance from the sales person that, 'As soon as ADSL2+ was available in your area, on the plan you are going on to (Unlimited), you will be upgraded to this higher speed service at no extra cost'. Bob's response seems to fly in the face of that assurance. Tell me I have misread his response.
Not applicable
[...] then we’ve revamped our products, have officially launched ‘Up to 20Mbps’ and been busy in the background moving [...]