cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet adds yet another segment of bandwidth

We've got some more good news, there is even more bandwidth available for you all. That's right, we've lit another 155Mb of central capacity, that's 4 segments lit within the last month. The data you use on your broadband connection travels across these segments of capacity, so in basic terms we've just increased the amount of bandwidth available for all your internet needs. If you connect to this segment you'll see a connection to PCL-AG02 when you look at tracerts or use the Gateway checker. This is the first new segment on "Plusnet 14". As ever when adding new capacity it can take some time for the network to ‘balance’ (i.e. distribute users evenly across gateways) and sometimes it is necessary for us to disconnect a number of users in order to accelerate this process. At present there are no plans to take any action of this kind however we’ll let you know if that changes via a service status post. There’s an RSS feed for service status at http://usertools.plus.net/status/status.xml if you wish - this also propagates to our twitter feed so you can get status update notifications by following us at http://twitter.com/plusnet too.

0 Thanks
10 Comments
10 Comments
ghostrider
Dabbler
Still not make you any better an isp ... why not try buying some customer satisfaction , o but you can't buy that can you silly me.
Chris
Legend
I believe one of my colleagues has replied to your forum thread about the problems you have been seeing. He'll do what he can to ensure your broadband issues are resolved.
Bub
Not applicable
My speed has dropped from 2.78mb to 0.8mb in the last couple of weeks alone - it's just shockingly poor - especially as I'm getting ripped off for 'UP TO' 8meg. What a joke. It's always someone elses fault too, mine, BT, my computer etc. Ghostrider is quite right in his comments.
paul_foxon
Not applicable
spot on, as i need to keep my email address with plusnet i am about to have a second phoneline fitted so i can get a second isp! that how bad plusnet are, reminds me of dial-up. sad thing is plusnet used to be great
Chris
Legend
@ddwlan Sorry to hear your speeds have dropped, have you reported it to our faults team to investigate? @paul foxon What issues are you having?
david_egan
Not applicable
Broadband speed from this company is appalling I have regulary been getting no greater than 0.1Mb except after midnight ten it goes up I'm told to check my equipment. My line supposedly supports 3Mb Date Time Tester Kbps Download Kbps Upload 03/10/2009 19:00 mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/ 101 59 03/10/2009 19:10 broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/ 378 101 03/10/2009 21:43 top10-broadband.co.uk/speedtest/100 70
petejackson
Grafter
Hi David, We can't really give you customer support via comments on a blog, but your speed issues may be caused by an intermittent or equipment fault. You should try removing all phone equipment and extensions and try connecting your broadband router directly from your master socket. If you can, try also a different microfilter.
Chris
Legend
Hi David, Are you aware that Broadband Plus has a 4GB usage allowance at peak times? Once you've reached that you'll find your speeds restricted until your next billing date. Are any of our newer packages more suited to your needs? Take a look at them here: http://www.plus.net/?home=hometop
Dandy
Since last sunday my speed has dropped after being cut off, my son is a PC Network engineer Plusnet are dealing with it - so far my net came back on with a far lower speed than I originally had reading these posts worries me as all the test have been done by plusnet & I will not let BT in to charge me £150 as my son in his job has vast knowledge on how they quantify the test, & you can not prove who's fault it is & the customer aleays gets the £144.00 bill! All above I have experienced even being cut off for 45 mins, the recommendations to family & friends I have given for plusnet, I hope I will not be let down, I am running on half my original speed at the moment & interleaving made it worse!
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@John, did you manage to sort your speed problem out or are you still having difficulties.