cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Volunteers set to help local communities

Paint brushes. ‘Tis the season of goodwill and what better way to celebrate than through a brand new volunteering scheme. We’ve just launched Plusnet Volunteers and we now need local charities, in the South Yorkshire region, to shout up if they need a hand. Plusnet Volunteers is designed to give every one of our 750ish employees the chance to dedicate time to a good cause within their local community by giving them an additional half a day’s paid leave, so they can spend some time helping a cause close to their heart. Want to use the Plusnet staff network to help promote your volunteering opportunities? Read on to find out how ...

Getting stuck in

Volunteering could include anything from picking up a paint brush to help redecorate a community building to getting stuck in supporting people in their discovery of the internet. All tasks – within reason – will be considered! Richard Jillings, our HR director, said:

“One of Plusnet’s strengths is its people and our company motto is: ‘We’ll do you proud’ so Plusnet Volunteers fits right in with our ethos. “We’re keen to help local organisations spread the word about any volunteering opportunities they have and we really feel that Plusnet Volunteers empowers our staff to get out there and help to make a difference.”

Helping the homeless

As part of Plusnet Volunteers, we’re working alongside our chosen charity for the year, young persons’ homeless organisation, Roundabout. We hope to raise £10,000 over the next year from a variety of staff fundraising events and activities to help Roundabout’s hostel renovation appeal, launched back in September. Alongside Plusnet Volunteers, Plusnet is proud to offer outstanding benefits for its staff such as enhanced maternity and paternity leave, a pension scheme and even free lunches! If you work with a local charity in the South Yorkshire region and would like to use the Plusnet staff network to promote your volunteering opportunities, please contact Plusnet at grouphr@plus.net with the subject heading “Plusnet Volunteers”.

0 Thanks
3 Comments
3 Comments
Peter17
Not applicable
I'm not local to you, but hats off to the staff who have raised money, and that the company is willing to give a paid half day to staff who get involved - it's good to see a company help staff in that way (alongside your other benefits - wish I'd had a chance of free lunches when I worked for an employer years ago!)
lesleyneale
Not applicable
Why have you cut myu phdone off when I am in the middle of a house move & U SAID THAT U WOULDNT. You are putting my LIFE at risk as I have an acute brai ninjury!
Kelly
Hero
Hi Lesley, I've asked someone to look at this immediately for you.