cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Highly Commended - BroadbandChoices.co.uk

broadbandchoicesBroadbandChoices.co.uk has announced its Customer Satisfaction Awards 2009.  We've been Highly Commended in all six of the broadband categories as well as Highly Commended Overall.  

The six categories for the survey were:

• Quality & Reliability
  • Clarity of Pricing & Billing
  • Good Value for Money
  • Download Times of Files and Web Pages
  • After Sales Support
  • Speed of Service Activation

We're very pleased to have done so well - thanks must go to the whole team for working so hard on keeping prices down and customer satisfaction up. Congratulations are of course due to O2 who came top - well done guys, we'll be after top spot next time round don't you worry. Interestingly, the survey's findings showed that more than half of broadband users said that they are considering switching broadband provider in the next six months as the credit crunch bites.  Don't forget, you can earn money off your subscription through My Referrals, so if you know someone who'd benefit from broadband from £5.99 tell them to head on over to www.plus.net Details of the results are available on the Broadband Choices website and you can see the rankings in each category listed over on the Webuser site. Many thanks to everyone who voted for us and we'll continue to work hard to provide you with the best quality and value service. Peter

0 Thanks
12 Comments
12 Comments
Is the same as http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/customer-satisfaction/ Plusnet were placed second to O2 in virtually every category. "This year, newer broadband providers outperformed their more established rivals in every category. O2 was the runaway winner, earning 9 out of the 11 awards and achieving the highest ever level of customer satisfaction." There was no mention that anyone was commended, let alone highly commended.
Your comment must be checked by a human to make sure it isn't spam. Nothing personal, we check all comments from users who are not logged in. It should be approved within 24 hours. This seems to be a new, incorrect and rather insulting "feature". Perhaps it only applies to when Plusnet boasts of a success (not)?
Be3G
Grafter
I think you're being a bit unfair axis - blog comment moderation is a common thing, and the Community site's been using it for a while (perhaps even from day one).
The10th
Not applicable
Only 'commended'? Better luck next year - you'll probably need it given current refresh! "...Don’t forget, you can earn money off your subscription through My Referrals, so if you know someone who’d benefit from broadband from £5.99 tell them to head on over to http://www.plus.net..." -- perhaps I should ask two of my referrals that have been with Plusnet for years and just left in last couple of months that? I strongly believe that the product refresh has done more harm than good for Plusnet's reputation. Interesting to see that "...Interestingly, the survey’s findings showed that more than half of broadband users said that they are considering switching broadband provider in the next six months as the credit crunch bites..." - so moving people into one and a half year contracts really helps in tough times then?
Kelly
Hero
Yeah, we've been using it from pretty much day one.
petejackson
Grafter
@Axisof.. re. 'highly commended'. That's what was reported by Webuser - presumably from the full press release. I had included the link in the hope people might have a look. And there are fewer (and different) categories so, the results may be similar but I think it's an independent survey to the uSwitch one. Here's what they said: BroadbandChoices customer satisfaction award winners April 29, 2009 Overall Award O2 - Winner PlusNet - Highly Commended Sky Broadband - Highly Commended Quality and Reliability O2 - Winner PlusNet - Highly Commended Virgin Media - Highly Commended Download Performance O2 - Winner PlusNet - Highly Commended Virgin Media - Highly Commended Billing Clarity O2 - Winner PlusNet - Highly Commended TalkTalk - Highly Commended After Sales Support O2 - Winner PlusNet - Highly Commended Sky Broadband - Highly Commended Value for Money O2 - Winner TalkTalk - Highly Commended PlusNet - Highly Commended Speed of Service Activation O2 - Winner PlusNet - Highly Commended Virgin Media - Highly Commended http://www.webuser.co.uk/news/281665.html
The full details of the survey are given in http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/customer-satisfaction-full-results/ There are no commendations for anybody - although I'm sure a news release would like to put a bit of spin on a simple table. The media like to pretend that ordinary mortals can't understand a set of numbers presented in tabular form. However, they do at least mention that "For statistical validity, results are only recorded where a supplier had more than 200 responses." which is the kind of thing that is ignored by those handing out awards of merit and commendations.
Chris
Legend
@axisofevil That's a completely different survey you've linked to, which we did a blog about earlier in the year. The news article for this one where we are commended can be found here: http://www.webuser.co.uk/news/281665.html
Thanks - I did ask if I'd guessed the correct source of the survey/award. It's vital to quote the source of any headline statistics. The raw figures of these two surveys appear to be very similar - which ought to be a cause for some concern for the marketing dept.
petejackson
Grafter
> It's vital to quote the source of any headline statistics I think you'll find we did.. in the very title for one The results are indeed similar, which is a good thing (rather than being cause of any concern), since it confirms our position as being second only to 02 on the support and value we provide.
Barxme
Grafter
On a personal note, This year I spent one miserable month with O2, and as for their customer service, my cat knows a damn site more than the peeps I spoke to, from watching a novice like me. I have now been 6 weeks with Plusnet, and am happy as a pig in a poke. Apart from great advice from the team, I have actually learnt a great! deal.... so my vote goes to Plusnet, Barry
Rom
Not applicable
Just subscribed to plusnet, leaving SKY cos I don't need the digital TV....let see how I get on with plusnet!