cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet 15 now fully lit!

ERX-1440This afternoon we lit the last 155Mbps segment of our most recently provisioned 622Mbps BT Central (affectionately referred to as 'Plusnet 15'). For the uninitiated amongst you, this means that we've increased the bandwidth available to customers on our 'Up to 8Mbps' 20CN broadband network. Customers connecting to the new segment will see their traffic routed through the gateway known as thn-ag2. Over recent weeks some customers have been experiencing problems with slow speeds and poor performance during peak times. The addition of this extra bandwidth is part of the overall plan to resolve this problem. When new capacity is added to the network, it takes time for the network to balance and for a representative proportion of the customer base to connect to the new segment. In order to speed up this process we might need to briefly disconnect some broadband customers from the Internet. If we decide to do this then we'll announce further details as a planned maintenance notice nearer the time. The order for Plusnet 16 has already been placed and is scheduled for commissioning mid December.

0 Thanks
5 Comments
5 Comments
JOHN_NICHOLLS
Not applicable
Dear sir, whow can you give more 6. Because bt can only give 6 on there bt lines. JOHN NICHOLLS
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Hi John, Not too sure what you mean? Are you talking about 6Mbps download speeds? The maximum actual throughput on an 'Up to 8Mbps' BT IPStream product is 7150kbps which is just over 7Mbps. The actual speeds you receive is dependent on your line quality, distance from the exchange and some other external factors.
Costa
Not applicable
Hi, I hope you guys give more bandwidth to customers, as I'm a new customer for litle as 8days and I'm thinking in moving, speeds are very bad, yesterday with 10/12KBps and today 50/70KBps very irregular form a microsoft website, I was a tiscali customer for 1uear and 8months and my speeds were constant, but my line can't give more than 3.4Mbps. It looks like I'm not going through that gateway2 I'm being routed through thn-ag3.plus.net I've open a ticket more than one day and no phone call, yerday I've called and the techy told me was trafic shape Sad and I know is not... Scared to accept your contract now
Chris
Legend
Hi Costa, Those speeds sound about right if you're on our Value product. Downloads from Microsoft come under the 'download sites/servers' category and have restrictions as per the information on this page: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/download_servers.shtml Remember that 70kB is over 512kb
Not applicable
[...] It’s been a while since we last blogged about an increase in central capacity on our Up to 8Mbps 20CN network, I think the last time was way back in November of last year. [...]