cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Best Ever Price for Unlimited Broadband

As part of our ongoing commitment to providing great value home phone and broadband packages, we have launched a new deal offering unlimited broadband for £2.50 a month. From today, (Boxing Day), you’ll see Joe back behind the smoothies’ counter on a TV set near you. He’ll be talking about the benefits of unlimited broadband through the medium of giant juice drinks! We found out that 78% of people say they find getting a good deal satisfying so this offer gives broadband users a real chance to get the most for their money on broadband. Plusnet’s latest deal runs until 25th February and offers:

• £2.50 Unlimited Broadband
  • Unlimited broadband £2.50 per month for the first twelve months with a Plusnet phone line
  • Normally £9.99 per month
  • Line rental from £10.99 per month (paid annually, otherwise £14.50 per month)
  • To claim this offer customers should visit www.plus.net

Take a look at the Plusnet website for more information on the deals. Research conducted by Bryter on behalf of Plusnet August 2013 with 2,036 overall UK respondents. Terms and Conditions: Unlimited Broadband £2.50 a month for the first 12 months. Normally £9.99 a month. Available to new Plusnet customers who sign up to an 18 month contract for Plusnet Unlimited broadband with a Plusnet home phone package from £14.50 (including line rental and UK* weekend calls) a month. For customers signing up by 25th February 2014 at www.plus.net. If you live in a low cost area and take Plusnet line rental at £14.50 a month you pay £2.50 a month for 12 months, then £9.99 a month from month 13 (otherwise £9.50 a month for the first 12 months, then £16.99 a month from month 13 ). If you need a new phone line installing at your property, there is a £49.99 installation charge. *UK means 01, 02, 03, 0845 & 0870 numbers. Exclusions apply. Payment by Direct Debit required. £5.99 charge for router delivery, should you choose one.

0 Thanks
87 Comments
87 Comments
seamus1967
I've been with Plusnet for around 18 months now. In the beginning it was fantastic; support calls were answered really quick (on the rare occasion there was a problem). The speed was very reliable. Six months ago I started having problems, the speed drops right down for a fortnight then comes back; still slower but usable. When I manage to get through to tech support, I have to go through the same explanation every time. By the time it comes to an engineer calling the speed picks up and I'm threatened with a £60 charge. So I decline the engineer. If he comes out and the fault has gone.... The other thing that riles me is the phone waiting times. Customer support was the thing that enticed me here in the first place but for the past 6 months it has been ridiculous. I've spent two hours on a Friday night just trying to let someone know that whatever they tried to do two days ago hasn't worked. I used to help pay for my internet bill by filling out online surveys many of which were for internet providers. I ALWAYS gave a good account of Plusnet. Now I can't even load the surveys up. So sad, this used to be a brilliant provider. I will be leaving at the end of my billing period.
orbrey1
Not applicable
Hi Terry, That's just the name of the product, so our staff can differentiate it at a glance from a customer who's opted to take Unlimited without the contract. It doesn't mean that you're in a contract, just that you opted to take one when you changed to that product. Sorry for the confusion there though.
orbrey1
Not applicable
Hi Tony P, really sorry to hear that. You'll certainly get a reply to your letter, we'll respond by post as well though so it may take some time. I hope we're able to get this all sorted out to your satisfaction.
viper
I have been with PN for a number of years was pleased with service I got till I upgraded my package last December, since then my referral discount has been underpaid by 50% each month. When asking why only get told "read the link" time after time, so will try again when will you pay the correct discount amount?, and refund the shortage amount
orbrey1
Not applicable
Hi, the reason you were sent a link is because the QA engineer who's working on this issue is keeping the thread up to date with the latest developments - I'm afraid I can't add anything here that isn't already in the thread.
Su
Not applicable
Deal sounds great, I already have broadband, been with Plusnet for over 6 years. Thought I'd take advantage of the offer only to be told that it doesn't apply to me because of the area??? Think this rather strange considering that BT is the parent company!
courtjester
After 5 or more years of being with Plusnet, at two locations, I am now leaving as they cannot treat a customer with honesty or good faith. Started charging me £25 a month for broadband that they clearly advertise as £10-12 per month unlimited. Contacted their options team who refused to refund as they stated they could only refund one month. My fault I hadn't noticed the error apparently, but sorry Plusnet's system not capable of dealing with 3 months ovecharging. What honest organisation considers it right to treat customers this way. What price loyalty eh. This account cancelled and the other one will be in due course. Good job plusnet, what happened to this company recently....? PS this is not the end of my complaint.
Oldprop
I am having trouble with your Technicolor router in that it keeps dropping out on WiFi. I have contacted support before who asked me to try another router, BUT my router is a D-link DSL-2740B and I have been unable via instructions to get it to link, yes dsl comes up OK. 1. SO, I would like you to tell me how to get my D-Link router to work with your system please ?. 2. I would like a way to respond to your queries without constantly going through a convoluted method of trying to get back to this very poor so called "Help Assistant". 3. I would like a better breakdown of my account especially this £1.50 charge as it goes through the bank not a credit card ?. 4. I would like an answer to these questions in the next 48 hrs please. 5. NO ANSWERS then I change my account I am fed up with this 30 minute wait as when I started you said you were getting this sorted and you advertise "We'll do you Proud" well your NOT !!! I changed from Eclipse who were over 6yrs excellent, so I changed to save a few shillings but the service is appalling. Regards Gordon.
jason6
Not applicable
Plusnet RIP people off....I paid £70 to get conected....Did my 12 months contract with them. And now they're charging me £25 to get diconected. (dont mention that in their adds do they?)...Emailed them on friday and still got no reply. Maybe thats because slugs travel faster than their broadband speeds!!!!!
jason6
Not applicable
I agree with Karen Kotze .....DONT USE PLUSNET...BE WARNED!!!!!!
chrispettitt1981
Not applicable
@Su - Really sorry that you're unable to get the price we have advertised there. Please visit http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/low_cost_areas.shtml for further information on Market Areas and how they may affect you. @Martin C - If you've a Complaint Ticket raised our Complaints Team will reply to you as soon as they can. If there is anything we can help with in the meantime, please do let us know. @Gordon - With regards to your D-Link router, we will do our best to help you set this up, however, as it's not hardware we've supplied we can only offer limited support on Third Party hardware. You can find help on this by visiting our Community Forums at http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php We use the Help Assistant t answer your queries so that we can keep track of the questions you have raised us on your account - we do not offer a method via e-mail. You can alternatively write in to us if that is preferred. If you do not use a Direct Debit as a form of payment and prefer to use a card, you will be charged £1.50 per month as this is the cost incurred for processing the payment. You can find detailed breakdown of your bills online at http://portal.plus.net I'm sorry you have found the service so poor. @Jason - The £70 you're referring to, I assume was the cost of getting everything set up for you. When you signed up with us, you agreed to the Terms and Conditions which stated that if you wanted us to cancel your services (line) with us, you will incur a charge of £25 (£30 for new customers) as this is the cost charged by our suppliers for the connection to be terminated at the exchange. If there is anything we can help with, please do let us know.
astrolamp
Dabbler
A friend is asking about them changing internet provider. Can't say I can recommend PlusNet at this moment as we are ( yet again ) back to PATHETIC download speeds of ( sometimes ) less than 1Mb/s. PlusNet seem as bad as everyone else - ages on the phone on hold, all to be fobbed off by a patronising voice. Only saving grace is you get a UK northern accent.
Kevin_Blee
Not applicable
TO THE GREAT BRITISH PUBLIC - Don't be taken in by this offer or anything else that this business promotes. It is without doubt the most un-customer friendly organisation that I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. Don't give them the time of day, let alone your hard earned cash! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
76nil
Grafter
Totally fed up with reading about the 'great offers' when there are no incentives for loyal customers. We just pay more. Added insult - £101 cash back for new customers - should be your contract gets less for each year you are a customer rather than the present situation - your contract gets more expensive in order to subsidise new customers.
Simon2
Not applicable
Blimey, some people are hard to please. I renewed my contract for a year at £9.99/month only to see it on the website at £2.99.Phoned them up and they couldn't have been more helpful, changed me to £2.99 no hassle. Only problem was it had to be 12 months, not really an issue as I had paid for a year in advance with the LSR. Recently had an issue with my router. Yes, I had a 30 min wait on the phone but they phoned me back so I could find an Ethernet cable and not have to queue again. Less than £15 a month for line rental,evening/weekend calls and unlimited broadband with great customer service, from my limited experience. What's not to like?
adelewarren
Not applicable
can I just say am new to plus net I had connection problems they were brilliant they sent me bt engineer and was sorted in no time I cannot fault them and the service they offer.100% brilliant all the way
adelewarren
Not applicable
id like to add when I couldn't get connected they were willing to brake contract if bt couldn't get line sorted they were more than helpful and plus net got me up and running they didn't charge me for engineer and all I can say is fANXS SO MUCH FOR BEING ACCOMODATING am very nhappy with the service and they are worth the money I couldn't b happier.........plus r fantastic only complaint I have is long time on fone waiting for customer services I couldn't had a better experience many fanxs adele
adelewarren
Not applicable
I will speak hughly of u to my friend s and please show my comments to staff to thank them all you're great
Helen_farley
Not applicable
To the British public, I have recently moved house. All I wanted was to move my plusnet. Phone and broadband four (4) doors down to my new address. Phone was transferred but I still have no broadband service. I have need told so many stories it is unreal. I was told my broadband would go live on 29 January 2014, it did not, I was then told 6th February 2014. It did not, I was informed that my service had been committed but not executed. As of the 9th February 2014, I still have no broadband. Utterly useless.. I am so disappointed, I am now forced to go to BT for my telecommunications. I have now been told it due for review on the 11th February 2014. Guess what Plusney, my money is due for review today and will not be leaving my bank account until such time as you provide me with the services I have paid for.
Sadie
Grafter
I really can't understand complaints regarding PN's customer service. Whenever I've had problems and contacted PN by phone, without fail the help I've received has been first class. OK, sometimes I've had to wait a while but it's well worth waiting for. On more than one occasion the problem has been caused by my lack of understanding of how things work, but they have sorted things out for me with patience and kindness. The customer service is precisely why I stay with PN. Coupled with the expertise of forum members, I doubt there is such a wealth of help and advice anywhere else. As regards introductory offers for new customers - every company does this in order to attract new customers. I've just received £100 for changing my bank account, I doubt very much that the bank's existing customers were rewarded with £100. First-time customers of online shopping retailers often receive a discount. Standard practise.
joan_rothwell
Not applicable
I recently receive a email informing me I have gone over the 10gb and will be charge a extra £5 since I have only gone over less than 2gb and the next period begins in less than 3days do you think this is penny pinching PS don't you think of warning me when I was getting near the 10gb limit Joan
nic1
Not applicable
I am a plusnet customer for past 6 months, disappointed that when I looked to see how much to upgrade to fibre (wasnt available 6 montgs ago but now can) was not able to get a discounted rate and then was going to be charged extra for the router. Very disappointed that as per all other providers once you are signed up they are not interested in providing good offers anymore.
chrispettitt1981
Not applicable
@astrolamp - I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems. If you've a Fault Ticket reference to hand I can take from you, I'd be happy to take a look. @Kevin Blee - I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. If there is anything we can help with, please do let us know. @Lin Rand - Have you spoken to our Customer Options Team to see what we might be able to do for you to get the price of your broadband down? @Simon - Thanks for your feedback! @Adele - Thanks very much for your comments and feedback. We're continuing to work hard to get the call wait times down, I can assure you of that! @Helen Farely - I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had. I hope they have no been rectified, if they haven't it might be worth getting in touch with our House Moves Team. Unfortunately House Moves aren't as straight forward as we'd like, regardless of moving just down the street. If there is anything we can help with, please do let us know. @Sadie - Thanks very much for your comments and for your feedback, I'll ensure this gets passed on. @Joan Rothwell - I'm sorry to hear of this issue. If you think you would be better off on the Unlimited Package, we could certainly get that arranged for you. I wouldn't say we are penny pinching if you have exceeded your agreed monthly usage allowance. You do have the option to put a cap on the usage allowance and e-mails were sent to you when you hit 80% of your total monthly usage allowance. @Nic - Fibre costs us more to provide which is why the price is more expensive I'm afraid. You will have been charged £5.99 for the postage and packaging for the router, the router is specifically for Fibre. If you want to see what we might be able to offer you regarding Fibre, you could give our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 432 0200.
pricec724
Not applicable
I have been a loyal customer for many years now. I am due to renew my line rental so I contacted plus net to change to the new £2.99 unlimited deal. I was told this wasn't open to loyal customers, it was just to attract new customers. I feel very disappointed!!!
pricec724
Not applicable
I have just noticed that the offers open to new customers to pay line rental up front are £131.88. I have just read my message, to pay my line rental up front, and it states £137.88. Even more disappointed!!!
RAJ_BANSAL
Not applicable
WHAT EVER justin Taylor SAID: is "100% true" stay away from this company i had a very bad experience recently with one employee who refused to put me through to the manager when i asked her to do so!!!! read her comments!!!what she says!! Mr Bansal made comments regarding the waiting time, and our customer service, before insisting on speaking to a manager. I was advised that unless he was able to pass DPA on his own account, a manager would not speak to him
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Hi there, Did you speak with our Customer Options Team about this? I ask as it is correct that we don't make the same offers for existing and new customers but we always endeavor to get something as close as possible. Adam
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Hi Raj, I'm sorry to hear you've had some difficulties with us. I would honestly have to agree that a manager won't be able to offer any different help than our agents can and unfortunately not being able to identify you as the account holder by passing DPA checks there's very little we'd be able to discuss. If there are any issues you're still looking for help with feel free to send me a private message on via the community forums. Adam
pricec724
Not applicable
Hi! Adam, If your Reply on Feb 13th at 3.06pm was for me, the customer service team offer to me was pay £9.99 to go unlimited. This would be an increase of £5.00 a month. This does not appear to be 'as close as possible' to the £2.99 offer new customers are getting. Still disappointed!!!! Chris
Barbara2
Not applicable
I have been with Plusnet for a year, I was told that I would be contacted by email when my year was nearly up but no contact has been made. I have also found they are now charging me £8.00 a month without so much as an email. I did have problems with the change from BT to start with. Have always had very slow speeds no more than 2mbps. May have to look into going back to BT, as new customer there will be given the new deals. Such a shame that we as existing customers can not be treated the same as new customers
Cokey12
Not applicable
Not sure about Plusnet. I think broadband providers should first put you on a 3month taster period. 2months into my 12month subscription and I've realised I was better off with my former provider in terms of speed for the same package type. Then you have no customer number to call to complain.. just some email that takes forever to get responded to..Never again.. cant wait
chrispettitt1981
Not applicable
@pricec724 - You need to speak to the Customer Options Team to discuss a new deal. We'll do what we can to offer you the most competitive deal. Our Customer Options Team can be contacted on 0800 432 0200. @Barbara - When your 12 month contract ends, you are more than welcome to call us to discuss your options moving forward. If you were in a 12/18/24 month contract, the discounts would only last for that long. I'd be more than happy to help with the speed issue you have, if you're having any issues. @Cokey12 - There is very little difference in terms of speed between most providers if I'm honest. We do our best to provide the the best possible service, especially in the even that something does happen to go wrong, it's always nice to be able to speak to someone who knows what they're talking about Smiley The 3 month taster period is an interesting idea.
Barbara2
Not applicable
Thank you Chris, but since my last entry I have rung Plusnet and am happy that I am spending less now per month than I was when I first joined Plusnet, am on a 24 month contract but I have not had any problems with the service
Duncan1
Not applicable
Only wish I could leave Plusnet. Unfortunately,in my area, its only them or BT (basically one and the same). We started on this 2.99 thing, and its now 21.99. Dreadful connections - and speed currently at 0.3mb (slower than dial up!) Takes 72 hours (at least) to deal with any faults - my wife has nearly lost her job from home bacause of this. They'll bounce you off with "change your router" or "check internal wiring" before threatening a 60+ quid engineers visit (if your lucky enough to get one) - with further fees if they say the problem's not theirs. Worse still, go figure, they have no access to BT telephone exchanges - even though part of the same company!! If you live in a remote rural area, don't be tempted. Go for any other option as this one has become a joke
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Hi Barbara, Can you send me a private message with your username so I can look into this and make sure we're providing you with the best possible offer. Adam
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Hi Cokey12, Can you send me through a private message with your username so I can look into this for you? Adam
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Duncan, Really sorry to hear about this. Please feel free to send me a private message with your username so I can look into this for you. Adam