cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Best Ever Price for Unlimited Broadband

As part of our ongoing commitment to providing great value home phone and broadband packages, we have launched a new deal offering unlimited broadband for £2.50 a month. From today, (Boxing Day), you’ll see Joe back behind the smoothies’ counter on a TV set near you. He’ll be talking about the benefits of unlimited broadband through the medium of giant juice drinks! We found out that 78% of people say they find getting a good deal satisfying so this offer gives broadband users a real chance to get the most for their money on broadband. Plusnet’s latest deal runs until 25th February and offers:

• £2.50 Unlimited Broadband
  • Unlimited broadband £2.50 per month for the first twelve months with a Plusnet phone line
  • Normally £9.99 per month
  • Line rental from £10.99 per month (paid annually, otherwise £14.50 per month)
  • To claim this offer customers should visit www.plus.net

Take a look at the Plusnet website for more information on the deals. Research conducted by Bryter on behalf of Plusnet August 2013 with 2,036 overall UK respondents. Terms and Conditions: Unlimited Broadband £2.50 a month for the first 12 months. Normally £9.99 a month. Available to new Plusnet customers who sign up to an 18 month contract for Plusnet Unlimited broadband with a Plusnet home phone package from £14.50 (including line rental and UK* weekend calls) a month. For customers signing up by 25th February 2014 at www.plus.net. If you live in a low cost area and take Plusnet line rental at £14.50 a month you pay £2.50 a month for 12 months, then £9.99 a month from month 13 (otherwise £9.50 a month for the first 12 months, then £16.99 a month from month 13 ). If you need a new phone line installing at your property, there is a £49.99 installation charge. *UK means 01, 02, 03, 0845 & 0870 numbers. Exclusions apply. Payment by Direct Debit required. £5.99 charge for router delivery, should you choose one.

0 Thanks
87 Comments
87 Comments
Peter6
Not applicable
It's just a pity you don't mention that LRS (Line Rental Saver)equivalent to £10.99/month doesn't include any calls. A bit naughty and misleading that?!
anubeon
Dabbler
Another incredible 'honey pot' deal for new customers, subsidised (of course) by existing customers. Don't you think it's a little perverse that your sole reward for loyal, long term customers is to make them essentially fund these obvious loss-leader introductory offers? Great for new customers, a punch in the face and hand in the wallet for existing customers.
Victor_Meldrew
Not applicable
I am afraid that you can not claim "Our Best Ever Price for Unlimited Broadband". You have previously charged £1.99 for unlimited broadband. To make this claim you would have to charge £1.98 or less, come on Plus Net back to school and try harder at maths.
JRT
Rising Star
Agree with Lee on this one. Rather disappointed having just signed up for Unlimited on a "Special Offer for Existing Customers" at £2.99 pm (for 12 months) on an 18 month contract. How about a level playing field here?
Chris
Legend
Unfortunately we have different offers at different times, that's the nature of a special offer. I'm sorry you just missed out on this. @Victor The cost over the life of the contract is lower as the special offer is applied for a longer period.
justin_Taylor
Not applicable
Totally unimpressed with every part of Plusnet, how you won your Which accolade beats me!! even if you did want to speak to a customer care representative it will take you over 40 minutes to get through(I gave up after 38), you have failed for me on every count and I cannot wait to leave. Ironic that I left BT for all the same reasons; namely poor customer services, covertly expensive, altering deals through the contracted period etc etc. At least there is one plus to plusnet, you do the bad bits better!!
Chris
Legend
Hi Justin, Sorry to hear of the problems you've been having, we are aware that the call times are too long at the moment which is why we've recently opened a new support centre and are recruiting quickly to fill it.
sandra_langton
Not applicable
I can't wait for my contract to end so I can leave..
syates
Grafter
Let's hope your infrastructure can handle an influx of new customers. The connection I have from you already lags badly making gaming almost impossible.
gswindale1
Not applicable
Shame that these offers are not true offers. What happened to good honest broadband without "you need your phoneline with us as well"?
paul_dixon
Not applicable
i to am fed up with the £2.99 offers and since i moved to unlimited my speed is 2.5mbps why am i even paying so much for internet only one person can use at a time at least with virgin i had the full 5 mbps my line takes sort it out or im leaveing and taking 8 other pepole on plusnet with me
collieocoll11
Not applicable
Well Well dont believe everything P/N tells you. My Telephone was moved from another bought out Company ( was with them for many years and very happy till now)I am on Anytime Calls and yet I am paying 23p and even 60p for local calls, we dont even pay this much for Mobile calls. I phoned them to leave and was offered a deal, like a damn idiot I agreed. I am still waiting for this deal. Only 11 more Months of this rubbish.
collieocoll11
Not applicable
meant to say 23p and 60p per minit.
Leighton
I have nothing but praise for Plusnet Every Issue I have had (Few and Far between) have been dealt with efficiently and quickly. They are curteous and patient on the phone... I have been with other ISP's who were awful Virgin were terrible..the worst service I have had anywhere and the worst broadband provider by a mile in my opinion... Keep up the Good Work Plusnet..You I am more than happy..
Apprentice
Grafter
Seems to me that once again anyone not in a low cost area is subsidising the cheap 12 month head line grabbing pricing part of the 18 month contract for the offer. Check the percentage discount on the before and after 12 month pricing for both low cost and not low cost areas:- 2.50 then 9.99 low cost, around 75% discount for 12 months. 9.50 then 16.99 not low cost, around 44% for 12 months. Go figure.
Alan_Reilly
Not applicable
Well I have phoned 5 times for at least 5 minutes a time before hanging up, no response to my request on their site, if this is the sales team and they can't be bothered to reply, I must wonder how bad their support team would be once they actually have your money.
syates
Grafter
I can tell you.. they are awful. 16 months into a problem and still no resolution. Tickets unanswered for weeks on end and stupid mistakes made due to the staff not reading what was in the ticket. Just had yet another night of gaming ruined by the appalling lag on the connection and now getting more than fed up about it.
Gelab
Not applicable
I was very happy with Plusnet when I joined, having had a very bad experience with Talktalk. However, I am getting increasingly disgruntled as my bills are going up all the time and I can't speak to anyone at Plusnet to find out why. I have been phoning on and off for three days without getting through. Enough is enough, I shall be moving elsewhere.
Sue_Millard
Not applicable
I've sung Plusnet's praises in the past - have been with Force 9 since 2000 - but I'm pissed off now. Market 1 fees are higher (rural areas cost more) so I can't qualify for the better deals you offer. Now this month, a 45% increase in latest bill...not happy! Support ticket times are 51 hours plus! Seriously thinking of going back to BT!!!
Kenneth
Not applicable
Well it seems to me that this company is very amateurish and doesnt know how to put its troubles right I have been having trouble with them to even get activated NO PHONE NOW and no EMAILS also.
silverfinch
Grafter
This morning I phoned the retention team on the advise given in the broadband forum as my contract ends early Feb. They offered me a better deal with 16GB instead of my 10GB (I don't even use that)and the price is lower at £2.50 instead of £2.99. Also advised me that when I renew my phone line saver I will still get evening and weekend calls. I also got through in a couple of minutes and they were extremely helpful & friendly. Perhaps I just picked a good time to call? Haven't had confirmation email yet though, was told it would be through in the next minute. that was around 11.00 am.
silverfinch
Grafter
Re above, the retention staff actually sent a confirmation message through another route - view my questions. It was within two minutes of phone call!
Chris
Legend
@Sandra Sorry to hear that, I've had a look at your account and can see we fixed a phone line fault early in December, is there anything else we can help with? -- @gswindale We still offer broadband without phone, however this does cost extra per month. There aren't many broadband providers that offer this at all. -- @Paul Dixon I can't see any open faults on your account, if you don't report issues to us we can't help to resolve them. If your speeds are still low I'd suggest reporting this to us here: https://faults.plus.net -- @collieocoll Is there anything I can help with? -- @Apprentice The discount value is the same amount regardless of market area, £7.49 -- @Alan Reilly Did you manage to get through to us? -- @Gelab If you can let me know a ticket number from your account, I'll take a look and see what's going on. -- @Sue Millard Sorry to hear that your bills are going up, have you found the cause? --
gswindale1
Not applicable
@Chris Parr Doesn't make it right though does it? I seem to recall that the idea of privatisation was to increase competition. Now I have to work out whether if company A is cheaper for Broadband and Company B is cheaper for phone; is Company C cheaper for both combined. What happened to choosing my Broadband supplier based on price/service alone. Particularly when, in my case, my line rental is with a GROUP company - your shareholders are making a profit out of me from phone/broadband; so why should I pay more if I switch package?
VBrown
Not applicable
I am in the process of trying to join plusnet as a new customer from BT but the service I am experiencing is terrible and I'm only trying to cancel my request. I cannot get anyone to answer the phone (waiting time is 60 minutes ???), my emails are all being returned as no service for this type of request. There also doesn't seem to be anyone to escalate these issues to.
Vallack_Wilton
Not applicable
I moved to Plusnet 3 years ago firstly just for broadband I was so impressed That once my phone line contract expired with another operator I moved my phone to Plusnet recently I contacted your customer service team to change to unlimited Your team were excellent sorted out my 5 questions I know the call wait was 30 minutes and you are sorting this problem new centre in Leeds but as I was phoning your free phone Number it did cost me anything just the wait The trouble with most people is they want instant everything and can not wait for a minute Plusnet keep up the good work as your monthly billing I like and is better than quarterly like other phone companies
bootofbeer1
Not applicable
Trying to find out about the bt sport service but been waiting for 15 minutes and reading the comments page to amuse myself. Finished all that and found nothing positive in all the comments.Think I'll have to ring off shortly and consider if continued support of Plusnet is really worth the candle.whoops got through on 18mins.lets see what happens.
Apprentice
Grafter
@Chris Parr Exactly my point sadly. I will say however that I can't think of any ISPs with no LLU provision in an exchange who pass on savings to customers in low cost areas (market 1 and 2 exchanges) other than Plusnet.
Apprentice
Grafter
EDIT > ....... who pass on savings to customers in low cost areas (market 2 and 3 exchanges) other than Plusnet.
Victor_Meldrew1
Not applicable
@Chris Parr That's just nonsense. That's like saying that the baker down the street bakes better bread because he has a Labrador as opposed to a Dalmatian. Maybe people don't want to stay longer than 12 months.
mick1
Not applicable
what I cannot understand is: plusnet is doing special offers to temp new customers and yet it is not offering something to existing customers to encourage them to stay .. make new customers, keep the old.. one is silver, the other one, gold!!!
RMN
Not applicable
£2.50!!? I'm paying £12.99 in a rural area where we've had whole days without any broadband connection over the past month, and speeds so low that dial-up years ago used to be quicker (it sometimes takes 20 minutes even to open one page of a website). Even the speed checker appears to time out! It will soon be quicker just to send letters by Royal Mail . . . As usual, longstanding contracted customers lose out and pay more for a worse service, while shiny new offers are made at low prices to lure in more new clients. Heigh ho. Profit is King.
woolford
Not applicable
I have been with Plusnet a few years now and had been one of their biggest fans, but now all they seem to be interested in when you actually get through is trying to make you sign up to something you do not want, I am so disappointed in plusnet, you were great what ever happened to the great team and company you had. I do not live in one of the low cost areas, my fee is approx £14.99 for a very slow broadband
Grff
Grafter
I see all these TV adverts offering cheap broadband for x months, and just laugh at the "cheap deal". You can have broadband at that price if you have it for x months contract, pay x for phone line for, and there's typically some other charge such as activation on top. So really, overall, no one pays just the broadband deal price. There's always some extra costs involved. I helped my g/f take out a broadband with PlusNet and she still ended up paying more than she thought as somewhere along the lines no doubt there was some other charge we hadn't worked out. All I've ever wanted/needed in my house is broadband. I don't want to tie my phone into another contract as I'm happy paying £15 to BT with no contract. However, all the ISP deals seem to have small print of "if you take our phone line rental to us too". Also, I don't understand why should I pay more for broadband just because I've not got a phone rental with my ISP? Broadband should be at least the same price whether I take phone or not. This isn't PlusNet specific, they all seem to do it.
Karen_Kotze
Not applicable
I don't advise anyone to leave there provider and go to plusnet,i am having so much stress and problems with my broadband.I spoke to Nickole Parker,Diane Smithson,and Emma and I was told to get a better connection I must go with Fibre.I am prepared to do that,but was told that I must sign up for another 18months contract for my phone and broadband to get the discount...Cunning hey!!The service is very,very poor.The lies,they cover one another.They need to train there staff in customer service.Pay the lil extra to use another provider and save yourself the stress.They keep saying its sorted when I put the phone down its the same old thing...GRRRR
Karen_Kotze
Not applicable
Don't ever leave your current PROVIDER.....PlusNet sucks........Money making racket they are..
MeToo
Not applicable
I am with the others, Plusnet TV adverts really annoy me - Market 1 customers being made to subsudise people with faster broadband again. Be honest in your adverts and say in big letters on screen Excluses Rural Broadband. This pricing policy is the ONE thing about Plusnet that will make me leave. Give us ONE PRICE FOR ALL all the time or fairer still based on the speed that we can get and not pay double for fraction the speed in cities. And I might go back to recommending Plunet to people again.
Mark11
Not applicable
So new customers can get unlimited broadband for £2.50 per month, while after 4 years as a Plus Net customer (even taking them with me on two house moves), I haven't been offered a single discount (apart from the one issued for being stupid enough to get my family members to join) and I'm delivered a parting gift of a £50 bill, cheers Plus Net.
Mike17
Not applicable
I was moved from 24 Talk to Plusnet and have had nothing but problems. I can't log in to my account even though I have correctly given my username and the password. Even tried to change my password but no go. Tried to ask Jess for an answer but tells me I have to put in my password and user name.Cannot get through on the phone after trying now on and off for three days.Call waiting times 15 to 30 mins. Who can afford that sort of time for a service that we are paying for anyway? If this is the type of service I will be getting from Plusnet then I will be chaging to B.T. where I know I will get a better service.
Paul1
Not applicable
I find it funny that I can't get the £2.50 deal cause I have a Rural exchange (Cranfield), Yet how much more Rural can you get...Yorkshire based provider!! Its a joke how these companies decide who they will rip off to give others these so called deals. lol
David13
Not applicable
Plusnet is excellent.Solid reliable connection,never falls off,connect any number of devices with cable or wireless. My question is:when will BT Sport be available via pc? I have it via Sky HD at the brilliant discount from PlusNet but would like the option of watching it online too.I don't subscribe to Sky anymore and cannot record off it with my Humax box, so would enjoy the online option.
Gary_Zawn
Not applicable
Anyone complaining here just try orange, post office or many of the other providers Plusnet is way faster no restrictions on unlimited. Freephone uk call centre with knowledgeable staff instead of 0844 0845 087 number waiting costs to international staff who have no idea Admit problems with customer waiting and opening a new call center. I have tried many and Plusnet is the superior provider so far in my experience
Merv
Not applicable
A deliberate competitive and coverage ploy to drive subscribers back to BT. Amazing how the adverts completely disaffect existing customers
orbrey1
Not applicable
Hi there, From our point of view it's more that we can afford to offer cheaper prices where people take both services with us, so we do. AFAIK the monopoly laws prevent us from sharing services with our owners, though I'm not a lawyer so may not have that totally right. Sorry you feel that way about it though.
orbrey1
Not applicable
Hi mick, we'd always recommend customers call our Customer Options team if they're interested in a deal - they'll usually be able to arrange something to everyone's satisfaction.
orbrey1
Not applicable
Hi RMN, as I said to mick we'd always recommend customers call our Customer Options team if they're interested in a deal - they'll usually be able to arrange something to everyone's satisfaction. If your line is running slow though we'd be happy to look into it for you if you raise a fault - you can do that at http://faults.plus.net
orbrey1
Not applicable
Hi woolford, sorry to hear it's running slowly. If you think it's faulty please raise it to us at http://faults.plus.net and we'll get it investigated for you.
Terry_Harron
Not applicable
If you agree to a 12 month contract,how come you are still classed as `contracted`in 13th month. Surely legally I am potentially now a new customer! Have tried several times to get through but got fed up! Phone line makes no difference,all I need is a decent offer for broadband,you can have the phone line for as long as you want.
tony1963
I have been a customer of Plusnet for years. I agreed to take on fast broadband in Dec. 2013. The engineer failed to turn up and Plusnet said it wasn't their problem it was Open Reach. I cancelled the move to fast broadband but in January a new router was sent to me (funny it wasn't sent in Dec) so I foolishly decided to contact Plusnet and rearrange another appointment. Guess what? the engineer failed to arrive. Sent an email to them only to receive an automated back stating I shouldn't communicate that way. Couldn't get through on phone and after 30 mins gave up. Unbelievably they are charging me for the fast broadband I don't have! What a shambles without any apologies. As soon as my existing contract is up, I'm moving. To say I am livid is an understatement. A letter has been sent to Plusnet warning them that I will be reporting them to OFCOM. I wonder if I'll get a reply?
Jim2
Not applicable
Plusnet rang me today as our contract is coming to an end. Pointed out this £2.50 deal but they said that is for new customers, so I said ok then, when my contract ends I will be a new customer. Oh no, you have to wait six months before you can sign up again. When pushed they offered me £4.99 for six months then back to £9.99 for 12 months (what I am paying now) and tied in to an 18 month contract. They treat their existing customers with contempt, we have to subsidise their new customer deals. Guess what? I'm off when the contract expires unless they come up with something better.