cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Broadband and Home Phone incentives with PlusNet

We’re happy to announce limited time offers that we’re launching today until the end of March.

1) Sign up to Home Phone Evenings and Weekends for 12 months and get your first 3 months for £4.99, £9.99 thereafter.

Home Phone Evenings and Weekends include line rental and offers free calls to 01, 02 and 03 numbers throughout evenings and weekends.

2) Sign up to Home Phone Anytime Plus for 12 months and get your first 6 months for £10, £15 thereafter.

Home Phone Anytime Plus includes line rental and offers free calls to 01, 02 and 03 numbers 24 hours a day and also offers 300 free minutes a month to any of our top 20 international destinations.

See here for further details on our Home Phone promotions.

3) Sign up to PlusNet Broadband and we’ll give up to £65 to the Sheffield Children’s Hospital Charity. 

See here for details on our charity incentive.

0 Thanks
6 Comments
6 Comments
beano
Grafter
I really don't like these types of deals. In fact it strikes that the main motivation for them is usually for the likes of BT (sorry I know they own your souls now but they're just awful) to mislead consumers by using lower headline prices and sticking the real price away in the small print somewhere. I'd rather have £8.99 for the duration of the contract (or at least the 12-month minimum term) than a dopey introductory offer anyway. Come on PN, you're better than that.
beano
Grafter
I should add that it would seem logical that offers like this encourage more churn in the industry as a whole. Do you really want the ISP equivalent of credit card rate tarts?
s_d_c
Dabbler
Having read how to give the donation to the Hospital charity, wouldn't it make more sense for this field to be auto-poulated for each new signup, and then put the onus on the customer to change it to their friends details (if applicable), rather than expecting the customer to remember the username you've given the charity? Nice idea though - will be interesting to see a blog soon of how many thousands PNT have donated!
s_d_c
Dabbler
Of course, auto-poulated = auto-populated - d'oh!
Ianwild
Grafter
I do think we generally agree about headline pricing, and we do try to avoid it. In this circumstance we wanted to do some quick promotions before our year end in April, and as we couldn't get any development time to do anything more elegant at such short notice, these sorts of offers are about the only thing possible... Ian
snowcat
Not applicable
I'm perfectly happy with the £1/month increase; your service has been well worth it in the year or so I've been with you (not one spam mail, among other good points). The 300 international minutes will be useful too. Just so long as my rental remains monthly and my downloads remain unlimited between midnight and 8am. They were the major points that brought me to you.