cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Murray Mania Marches On!

Murray Mania Marches On!

Murray Mania Marches On!

Do we have a new tennis hero? I think we have a new British hero! iPlayer Tennis Quater Final Andy Murray today beat Juan Carlos Ferrero in straight sets to reach the Wimbledon semi-finals. And in what is now becoming the norm the British public went straight to the Internet to watch the live coverage. At the peak we saw 1.81Gbps (making up over 25% of our network capacity) of iPlayer traffic this afternoon beating the previous high set on Monday for Andy's fourth round game of 1.66Gbps (which we also assume will include quite a few people catching up on Top Gear and Glastonbury). Only just over 2 weeks ago our previous high was 953Mbps which was set back during the Olympics but we've seen that figure beaten by Top Gear, the breaking of the Michael Jackson news and several times now by the tennis. Certainly makes for fun times when managing a broadband network, I have a legitimate reason for watching the tennis, got to make sure it works for everyone else haven't I? Join the country around the TV screens, monitors and radios on Friday for the semi-final. Will we see iPlayer traffic reach 2Gbps?

0 Thanks
6 Comments
6 Comments
Not applicable
[...] Finally, Ian from the Business Support Team Today has been relatively busy throughout, no major service issues or problems though which is always a good thing. Unfortunately no spare time to sit watching the Wimbledon online as it seems the majority of our customer base have! [...]
Bojangles1
Not applicable
Better break out the wig again Cheesy
petejackson
Grafter
He he.. I think we might have to do just that Bojangles Wink
csogilvie
Grafter
I wonder if part of the reason for the increase is the fact that when you think you are getting text only updates, you also get streaming video as I found out at home the other night there...
James1
Not applicable
It's all about Andymonium!
Not applicable
[...] also : Murray Mania Marches On! Bookmark [...]