cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly discount special offer - More information

This offer has now ended. Watch out for any future offers via your email, or via our Community Site forums.  A few weeks ago we emailed some customers as part of a new trial. We offered the customers a discount for the next six months, dependant on them agreeing to stay with us for the next 12 months. The take up for the offer was good, especially for a new initiative, and a lot of customers indicated in our forums that they would be interested in being offered this discount. As such, we have steadily increased the number of customers we have emailed with the offer, and have been pleased with the response. So, onto the point of this blog, we have had a number of questions from customers regarding the offer, and the 12 month term, which I'd like to clear up if possible Smiley ... Below is a list of questions and answers, FAQ-style: - Why are you offering this discount? We want to reward past loyalty, and encourage future loyalty. It is standard practice in business that longer contracts come with rewards, be they financial or in the way of improved services. The discount is an offer, no one is required to take it, and it carries no risk from a customer perspective. - You state I must sign a new 12 month contract, what does this mean if I choose to leave within this time? Should you agree to the new contract and then choose to leave you would be required to pay the remainder of the subscription fee's which would become due during the 12 month term - The email states Terms apply, what are these terms? There are no terms specific to the offer, the caveat is simply that you agree to stay for another 12 months with a continuation of your existing terms. - Will I retain my current package and service? Yes, the change is simply an extension of your contract terms, and a reduction in your subscription costs. No changes will be made to your actual service, or product type. If detrimental changes are made in the future we will need to provide 30 days notice, during which you would be able to leave without penalty. - Can I choose a different product within the 12 month contract term? Yes, you can move between the Broadband Your Way products freely, without losing the discount applied. Standard account change rules apply in that you cannot change product more than once within 30 days. - What happens if I move to BBYW and choose to get a free router? You cannot receive a free router and a discount for 6 months. As both offers are approximately the same value it's simply a matter of choice. - Does the offer apply to legacy products? Yes, the offer will be made available to all customers who do not currently have deferred hardware or an existing discounted subscription. - What happens after the twelve months is complete? Once the 12 month contract is complete you will be reverted to a rolling monthly contract. - I have not yet received an email, can I still sign up to this offer? We will be emailing all customers over the coming weeks. We recommend that you watch out for the email and then follow the instructions. If you really don't want to wait you can raise a ticket to our support team requesting the discount and linking to this blog post, and we will apply the discount for you. You need to ensure that in your ticket you state that you are aware of and accept a new 12 month contract. - What happens to my referrals? You will continue to receive referral discounts in addition to the special offer discount. - Can I be sure my subscription amount won't increase either during the latter six months or after twelve months? There are no plans to increase subscription costs on our products. If we did increase them we would need to serve 30 days notice, giving you an opt-out in any case. - What happens if I need to move house within this period? You can arrange a house move with us, at any point during the 12 months. Your contract would continue at your new address. As the questions above address, I hope you will agree that there is no conspiracy here, and that we are not about to spring any nasty changes, we simply want to reward ongoing loyalty, and thank you for your custom in the best way possible (money off, everyone likes that right?). :D Regards Mand

0 Thanks
17 Comments
17 Comments
owlguard
Grafter
Hi Mand,ive taken the offer up after being told by the csc by email,that my monthly contract will be back,as soon as the 12 months are up,so im happy with that and COW,oh go on then,COME ON WEDNESDAY. lots of 5-0 love ray.yoohoo.
Mand
Grafter
Hi Ray, Glad you're happy with the offer. :) UTO! Mand
dwp1
Not applicable
Hi, I wanted to take up the offer but I just wondered is there a guarantee that after signing up for 12 months and getting six months discount, my charge will go back to £14.99 a month for the final six months, and not increase ?
rivergate
Not applicable
it is not clear the the correspondence sent by email regarding this 'offer' or on the above FAQ's what the payment terms are. is this still a monthly direct debit or do you require a subscription fee paid in advance with extra amounts taken per month based on any over usage from the contracted bandwidth?Huh
h_milsom
Grafter
Is this offer IN ADDITION to my referral discounts? Kind Regards Hugh
kimm
So just to be absolutely sure... I pay £5 less for the first 6 months after which I return to the rate I'm paying now and once the 12months is up I carry on paying my current rate (unless I change products), there are no other changes to the terms and conditions which currently apply to my plusnet account? I just like to be sure to be sure! Kim Smiley
nigpd
Not applicable
Hi Mand I would be tempted to take up this offer, but staying with a service provider for 12 months that's delivering download speeds of barely ½Mb against a quoted "up to 8Mb" is probably more than I can stand. If things dont improve, i shall be considering taking my business elsewhere, which on PAYgo can be with one month's notice Nigel
gunn
Not applicable
If I sign up to the 12 month contract with the £5 discount , will I still get my referral reduction in my subscription also ?
ollyandhannah
Not applicable
Mand - what happens if I want to move house in the 12 month period? I would still want to stay with plusnet, but would I have any problems moving my service?
juliepeez
Grafter
I have received the email and am currently thinking about it. I am tempted but before I sign up, could you point me to any sort of roadmap or something that outlines PlusNet's plans for the next 12 months? After the new tarriffs were introduced, I chose to stay with my Broadband Plus plan as the off-peak hours suit me better than the other plans. I would particularly like to know whether that is likely to change in the next 12 months and if so, would that be classed as a "detrimental change" (which it would be to me) which would allow me to leave the contract without penalty?
tirnanog
Browser
I await a reply to the previous posts before considering. p.s. Second FAQ: it is "fees", not "fee's". No apostrophe in plural.
Mand
Grafter
Hi all, Thanks for your interest, and your questions. :) I have updated the blog above to incorporate all your queries, hope this helps. Mand
stribs
Grafter
How long does the offer last? Will you start to make improvements to the service in particular security and the email spam filter, if the loyal customers stay.
JayDee1946
Not applicable
I was tempted too, but I have just had a more than a week without Broadband so I don't feel like committing myself to 12 month contract. Call me cynical, but with TalkTalk and others phoning me up to offer enticing packages I suspect hat the loyalty reward argument strikes hollow. I believe it is more likely to be a defensive move. Cut price offers are all well and good, but it is continuity of service and quick response during problems that I am looking for.
Mand
Grafter
Hi stribs, The offer is six month's reduced subscription, and is available for 30 days from when the email is sent to you. We are making improvement to the email platform, you can find more details of this here: http://community.plus.net/comms/2007/11/12/wanted-postini-anti-spam-trialists/ JayDee1946, I couldn't agree more that it is our customer service and our resolution to problems that is going to make us stand out in the crowded market. Problems do happen with broadband connections from time to time (although we do have a very low fault and repeat fault rate due to our diagnostic processes) and we need to make sure we're as responsive as possible. Mand
wooburn
Not applicable
What's happened to this offer ? I've been with Plusnet since May 2005 and I'm still waiting for an email offering me this saving.
Mand
Grafter
Hi there wooburn, We're no longer sending these emails, so I can only apologise that you were missed. If you'd like to take up the offer please feel free to raise a ticket for my attention and I'll apply this for you immediately. :) Regards Mand