cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacBook gossip - Something in the Air?

MacWorld has got Apple fans frothing at the mouth. Rumours over at Engadget are that the new MacBook 'lite' will be dubbed 'Air'..

The kids over at 9to5Mac are making the case that Apple's rumored ultra-portable will be dubbed the MacBook Air. Besides all the anecdotal evidence supporting their case, one of their readers discovered a machine identifying itself as a "MacBookAir" in a January 9, 2008 Adium usage log -- 3 days before the "There's something in the air" MacWorld banner was revealed. If true, it's thought that the name could refer to the ultra-portable's weight, WWAN capability, or even Wireless USB support. As odd as the name might sound, just remember how strange we all thought "Wii" was back in the day. Ok, Air is still bad. Source: Engadget
0 Thanks
4 Comments
4 Comments
phil
Grafter
I'm currently in the camp that wants to take home an apple laptop but would like a lighter (read: cheaper Smiley ) version I expect that small in size won't mean smaller in price though!
Be3G
Grafter
Yeah, whatever comes out tomorrow won't be cheaper than the current MacBook line... which isn't exactly heavy in itself, although I can't deny I wouldn't say no to a crazily-light Apple laptop either...
macmonkey19811
Not applicable
If you can't possibly wait until 5:00pm GMT for the Keynote to start, El Reg has 'uncovered' Steve's speech. Not sure how authentic it is, as there's no reference to 'air', but worth a read anyhew :-) http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/01/14/leaked_keynote/
Word_Warrior
Grafter
Spoof speeches are all over the net. This one doesn't even come close to reality.