cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kidzui - safe browsing for kids

Some of the parental controls For all it’s good points, there are a lot of unknowns when it comes to the internet.  If you have kids you probably want to keep an eye on what they’re looking at, if they’re browsing safely, and how much time they’re spending online.  It’s a difficult task – six year olds today probably know more about the internet than we might give them credit for.

That’s where KidZui comes in.  It’s a web browser, search engine, and community for kids aged 3-12, aimed at making the net safe and easy to use, whilst giving parents more control.  Kids can use it to find more than 2 million sites, games, videos and pictures, all of which have been reviewed and given the thumbs up by other parents.  Everything is presented in a nice easy interface which should keep your littleuns interested. Some of the parental controls For the grown-ups, you can see exactly what your kids have been up to online, and setting up a parent's account lets you share new content and set limits.  You also get a weekly email summarising their activity so you’re kept in the loop.  In other words, you can leave your kids to discover things and explore on their own without you having to keep a beady eye on them from over their shoulders. As with all the online goodies we talk about here, KidZui is free.  You can pay a monthly fee for more content and features, but it’s entirely up to you.  The free version is perfectly adequate, and you can download it here.

0 Thanks
8 Comments
8 Comments
scootie1
Not applicable
cheers this one will come in handy as at mo am using Microsoft's web filtering (which is pants and even blocks acess to websites in its default safe site list including cbeebies) my kids are pretty good and stay on cbeebies but this site will help them get use to the wider internet better. oh and you have a wee spelling error in the areticle "You can pay a monthly free for more content" FEE not FREE 😉
NSavage
Oops! Thanks for the heads up re the spelling error - all corrected... I'm glad you're going to give it a try. Let me know what you think, as I'd be interested to get another opinion on it. Personally I think it's a really nice idea.
scootie1
Not applicable
any one know how to truly get this app to go full screen, as i like the kids not to be able to get at the task bar. its a simple job of f11 in FF an IE when i leave them alone to play on cbeebies, as it stands on kizu my 3 year old girl keeps getting at the task bar so i cant leave her alone to explore
scootie1
Not applicable
solved, go to parent controls and tick the locked mode. excellent ( in a Monty burns style voice)
Not applicable
[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Plusnet PLC, Nick Savage. Nick Savage said: Kidzui – safe browsing for kids - Community Site News from Plusnet http://bit.ly/cVvpA9 [...]
scootie1
Not applicable
http://help.kidzui.com/discussions/problems/562-kidzui-crashed-in-locked-mode-and-now-group-policy-locked-me-out-of-task-manger-ect dont run kidzui in locked mode on a W7 machine as the above is the problem i have right now
scootie1
Not applicable
had to safe mode un install it as in the thread. thank god. my eldest boy 5 some how the other day shut kidzui down when it was in locked mode, dont think he knew how he did it but still means your os is not safe from the rugrats
sourceit
Grafter
I use a seperate router and one of my spare IP addresses to setup a seperate network for my 6 year old. I then use OpenDNS to filter everything down and it is very safe for him to use this way. Hardly any maintenance required and unless they know how to change their DNS server manually, they can't bypass it.