cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase in central capacity

ERX-1440Following the two segments we lit a couple of weeks ago, we're pleased to announce that yesterday we activated the third segment of our most recently provisioned 622Mbps pipe of central bandwidth. Customers connecting to the new segment will see their traffic routed through the gateway known as thn-ag2. Whilst on the topic we also increased the bandwidth available on our 21CN network earlier today, this will benefit our Up to 20Mbps ADSL2+ customers and any 'Up to 8Mbps' customers who we recently emailed about moving across to the 21CN network.

0 Thanks
11 Comments
11 Comments
Word_Warrior
Grafter
There is a small improvement in my download speed which is now nudging and occasionally going over 5Mbps the upload speed is still roughly the same at 900Kbps Still a long way short of up to 20Mbps but that's to be expected when you are 2 miles from the exchange.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Glad to hear it WordWarrior, out of interest what speeds were you getting before you moved to ADSL2+?
Kev1
Not applicable
Shouldn't you be getting more than 5Mbps if your only 3.2Km from your exchange, especially on ADSL2+ - if off course your line is good and your internal set-up is fine - what's your attenuation WordWarrior?
neo5842
Not applicable
I cant understand it, we pay have a max not often though of 5mbps, but struggle most of the time with our connection speed, seems like modem sometimes, just had a new router, so i am assuming its not that, though the wifi does now work. Question, how would one know it they are on ADSL or ADSL2? Im starting to regret coming over to plusnet in the first place, and will be looking elsewhere when my contract is up.
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Hi Good to hear that there is more bandwidth available, is any chance of having thn-ag2 added back to the packet drop by gateway web page?
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@Richard, we need to do some work before we can introduce graphs for thn-ag2 as we've only just started terminating IPStream customers on that gateway (before that it was Tiscali LLU and 21CN customers). The portal graphs are also missing the two pipes before this, namely 'Plusnet 13' and 'Plusnet 14'. The problem with these is the fact that each one terminates across two separate gateways (Plusnet 13 is on pcl-ag01 and pcl-ag03 and Plusnet 14 is on pcl-ag02 and thn-ag1). Updating the graphing is on our 'to do' list however I can't give you an ETA I'm afraid. @neo5842, go here and check what gateway you're on - http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway, if it's anything other than thn-ag2 then you're *not* on ADSL2+. Sorry to hear you're having problems BTW, have you tried speaking to our support team about them?
Rob10
Not applicable
Would this explain my recent: "Your broadband order is now being processed. We'll keep you updated with details once we have them." Email? Smiley
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Sounds like it Rob, did you not receive an email prior to this though?
Rob10
Not applicable
Nope that was the first mail I got, although I just got another email with more details Cheesy So yes - I am being moved to the new network Smiley \o/
duncan64
Not applicable
I have a question about the switch i have been switched and my speeds have gone from 1.5mg to 0.12 mg so why would i want the up to 20 mg when you can not meet the up to 8 meg at this moment in time im getting 0.12 meg download ,which i find after 7 days of you doing your tests is not acceptable
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Sorry to hear you're having problems Duncan, have you got a ticket reference from your account so I can take a look?