cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google spending again

Google spending again

Google spending again

Google, fresh from acquiring Doubleclick last week announced yesterday that it is acquiring Tonic Systems. Tonic produce a web based solution which enables the creation and delivery of presentation. This fits in nicely with their acquisition for the online word processor and online spreadsheet solutions and makes it all the more likely that a totally online "office" package is on its way. There seems to be no stopping Google's appetite for acquiring technology leaders in this space and promises to provide a The tonic systems website is only showing an FAQ at the moment - and states its new Google offering will be launched in the summer. Watch this space. Whats this mean for me? We'll more competition in the office space is always a good thing. It means that the major players (read Microsoft) have to continue to move the product line forward to ensure their is differentiation. It also means that not to far in the future we really will be able to operate online only :-) regards Dean Link to Google Announcement on their Blog

0 Thanks
3 Comments
3 Comments
Krum
i like its nice
Tamlyn
Grafter
"It also means that not to far in the future we really will be able to operate online only" And then we'll all be *totally* dependent on our ISPs!
Not applicable
Latest Blog Links... [...] This is another blog that I find highly interesting [...]...