cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get an even bigger discount for recommending Plusnet

We're now giving 8 times the normal monthly discount for any referred signups made in the next month. Last year we ran a special offer where we gave anyone who referred their friends and family to Plusnet four times the normal monthly discount for 6 months. Bigger discounts proved popular with you folks so we're now offering you the chance to get even more money off your bill for spreading the word. For every person who signs up on your recommendation before the 3rd of March we'll give you 8 times the usual monthly discount for the first 6 months their new account is active. So rather than getting 50p off each month for recommending someone to Broadband Your Way Option 3 we'll give you £4 off for 6 months. After the 6 months is up you'll continue to get the normal monthly discount for as long as the account you referred remains with us. As you can see, you'll only need to recommend a few people to us and you could get free broadband for 6 months. It really is that simple. Find out more about the offer. So, what are you waiting for? Start spreading the word and shrink your bill. Find out more about My Referrals and how you can spread the word.

0 Thanks
2 Comments
2 Comments
Rupert_Wilson
Not applicable
Great! So Plus.net are offering more incentives, yet, even after making referrals, and staying with Plus.net for 3 years, and this a connection used by the charity Oxfam, sure enough when attempting to leave Plus.net achieve two unfair, unacceptable, and inexplicable things: 1. while giving the MAC code, they insist on 30 days notice, else penalty in lieu. the same thing applies if you ignore the first MAC code (having thus given notice of your intention to leave) and ask later for a 2nd MAC code... apparently they forget that you notified them of your intention to leave. Give a little with the left hand, take a lot with the right. 2. Take a leaving penalty fee... again, I might understand if this were below the contract period, but after 3 years it seems like a kick in the shins; just enough pain to ensure one remembers never to refer anyone to their services again. Not ever. Go ahead Plus.net, talk to me about incentives, but do NOT imagine that I will be impressed by hidden financial penalties, and know that I will tell everyone to avoid you. I believe most people like a simple tariff with no hidden charges. I believe you should be ashamed of this nonsense. After minimum contract period there must be no financial penalty - this is easy to understand, fair and logical; nothing else is acceptable.
tgr1
Not applicable
This is an absolute disgrace and the more people that know about it the better I suggest you write to the newspapers after all plunet are always boasting that papers put them top on a regular basis but perhaps things are changing since BT took over. Have a look at this http://www.ispreview.co.uk/ this shows BT is one of the worst ISPs i think only tiscali rates worse. I do not blame the staff at plusnet I think they are great and extremely helpful. But if BT interferes (and its share price is now down to 70p against £8 or much more a year or so ago) it certainly will start to hold out its grasping hands for more cash from its customers. Service from BT is generally voted to be pretty poor for anything it touches. I would have thought as someone associated with oxfam you should have some clout with the media.