cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends on Tiscali? Don't let Scrooge spoil Christmas

decorated-christmas-tree-200x200If any of your friends or family are with Tiscali for their broadband, they're in for a surprise early next year. Tiscali's new owners TalkTalk are increasing the price for Tiscali broadband by £5 a month for customers who don't take a TalkTalk phone line. Here at Plusnet we think that's pretty Scrooge-like, so we've put together a special deal for you and your friends to have a merrier Christmas on us. Recommend us and we'll send you £25 in John Lewis vouchers for each Tiscali customer who signs-up and migrates to Plusnet on your recommendation*. Tell your friends to enter our special code 'tiscali' when they register via this page they'll get their first 3 months free too. Make sure they also keep a note of your Plusnet username, as we'll ask for this once they're up and running so we can get your vouchers to you. Of course you'll still get our standard referral discount off your monthly bill for everyone who signs up too. There's no limit to the number of people you can recommend, or the number of vouchers you can get. In fact, if you recommend enough people we'll start paying you each month! You'll need to hurry, as this limited time offer ends 31st January 2010. *For the exciting legal bit, have a read of the offer terms and conditions.

0 Thanks
21 Comments
21 Comments
steve741
Not applicable
Well all i can say is "absolute cowboys" I,m glad i left them and there shenanigans and joined plusnet when i did!
chris_oakey
Not applicable
talk talk should of came out to put phone line in but they did not i lost time at work p***ing around with them DO NOT GO WITH TALK TALK THEY ARE A WAST OF TIME
silverfoxy1
Not applicable
thats why i left talktalk and came to plusnet better service all round wont hesitate to recommened them great plusnet...all the best for the new year....i have been with nearly a year soon never had any probs from you
daveandlyn
Not applicable
Have only just left Tiscali for that very reason, glad i did Plusnet is running so smooth and the back up is second to none. Happy new year to all.
Aeleen
Not applicable
Can only concur with what everyone else has metnioned about Tiscali, but Plusnet waiting time on the phone is slightly out of order. Been waiting 20 minutes to get answered only to be told that I am being transferred to another department with yet another 20 minute wait time. Don't suppose the cost of the calls will be refunded.
skuffdj
Grafter
Better price, but prob a worse internet experience.. I have 2 friends on talk talk, and they constantly get max speed 24 hours a day, which cant be said for plusnet from my time with them
orbrey1
Not applicable
Hi skuffdj, We'll be updating the network capacity service statuses today, things are looking much better now so the experience should be much improved. If it's not we'll happily investigate any faults you may have.
Aldo
Not applicable
I got a call from Plusnet today and am considering the offer. I have not heard anything from Tiscali / Talk Talk and if the change is happening on the 7th of this month and they haven't told me... That's just not right.
Chris
Legend
@Aeleen Sorry to hear that, we've been extremely busy recently and the bad weather has made it difficult for all staff to get into the office. @Aldo Welcome to Plusnet, if you'd like us to check the status of your order then pop over to our forums http://community.plus.net/forum/
nadger1
Not applicable
I see that Tiscali name has ceased to exist and that TalkTalk has wisely got rid of it. www.tiscali.co.uk reverts immediately to TalkTalk.
Jardi_Thatllber
Not applicable
Just joined plusnet. Username / Password combination doesnt work. Absolute GARBAGE. How can you get something THAT simple wrong. The answer is - you don't. This is just yet another corrupt *setup*. Lets see if this genuine honest feedback makes it to the 'forum'. Will anyne get to read it, or will it be COVERED UP because it is way too honest for other people to know about it. I think...not. Does the UK have ANY honest decent intelligent, competent companies left or are we being run by a consortium of CROOKS who set up all new accounts with deliberate "faults" which *force* us to have to contact you on your Technical Support lines, at our expense. This is nothing short of extortion, on a par with Channel 4 and their despicable cheating bastards (hence CHEETAH prodn co.) Deal/No Deal Game filtering off public + advertisers money to line the pockets of certain "dynasty" families of moral backbone-free con artists. Go on, surprise me. This company in "Tiscali in disguise isnt it". Talk Talk? Another branch of BT Incognito - like the cross-dressing crooks on DOND. Gosh that was so funny...if it werent so revealing of the demonic depravity of the people who rule the world by lies, violence, terrorism and sick commitment to oppressive blackmail. So VERY many so-called showbusiness people are nothing but crooks. Wicked greedy dishonest self-serving blackmailers whose lives bear no relation whatsoever to the hardworking honest output of ordinary people because as contestant TINA says, she thinks she'd "due" so much more than the rest of us. Did you see the tears. Ive never met her before in my life but I recognise one of her relatives from that well practiced routine! SO UTTERLY FAKE! Her mother trained her well. Give that girl an Oscar. clap clap clap clap clap!!
Kelly
Hero
Jardi: Do you have a username so we can take a look?
JimH1
Not applicable
There goes PN's network again then - another three months of excuses and "it'll be all right tomorrow" promises while PN rebuild their Network to cope with the extra load. Download speed tonight - 200kbps so we are not out of the last problems yet.
Aldo
Not applicable
I haven't signed up yet, as I am still checking things out. Plus Tiscali are saying my account (which i'm logged into RIGHT NOW) is inactive and so they are unable to give me a MAC code.
Mike_D
Not applicable
After reading the announcements on Tiscali's forum and on this website I am now pretty much dissapointed. Forcing people to take out a TalkTalk landline is a step in the wrong direction IMO. And... not letting there customers know by telephone, e-mail or by letter??. Why the hell hide this from there customers? When is this likely to take place? If I see £20 on my bill then I am off to PlusNet and going on there value broadband option. I heard some very good things about this internet company so that's where I am going to should these idiots at TalkTalk increase my subscription. Aldo.. They're making a mistake in not giving you a MAC code. I would make a complaint.
Slawek
Not applicable
I don't know what Jardi is on about. I have just migrated two accounts, on two seperate 'phone lines, from pipex(also now Talk Talk)and Tiscali to Plusnet. The whole procedure was brilliant with no problems at all. Assistance was given through their online advisor with direct realtime chat. The switchover was completely seamless and I am now getting faster broadband than before. Well done Plusnet.
Slawek
Not applicable
OK
gareth2
Not applicable
I've just signed up, coming from tiscali on referral, but can't see where the "special code ’tiscali’" is entered, so that the first 3 months are free.
orbrey1
Not applicable
Hi Gareth, you need to visit http://www.plus.net/latest_offers/ and then proceed through signup after that takes you to the main Plusnet site - there's full details and screenshots on a forum post by my colleague Chris here.
gareth2
Not applicable
Matt, user Denzil responds to the screenshots link saying that it "could be clearer". I agree. A referral back to the main site appeared to me to negate the 'latest offers' link. However, the call centre says the promo code has be applied retrospectively. I'll be checking the bill.
John4
Not applicable
Looking at pros/cons of migrating to PN from Tiscali. Can anyone guide me with changing email addresses. Tiscali say I lose my email addresses. Do I just notify all in my address book. But what about newsletters, registrations etc etc.