cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Week: 8th January

Why hello my internet friends! It's been aaaages since I did a Plusnet End Of Week. We all went a bit quiet during the Christmas period, but I promised we'll be writing home more often from now on! Now, on with the entries! First up today we have Nick who is our Head of Business and Partner Sales

What's happening in the world of business & partner? Apart from gearing up for a busy final quarter, 3 of the team have decided to quit smoking - Gordon & Dave are doing well but I can't quite say the same (weak willed!). We're trailing some new sales channels for business in Jan and are in the midst of building the forecast for 10/11 - just gotta love those spreadsheets! Best Xmas cracker joke found so far: what did the snowman say to the other snowman?? I smell carrots!!!!!!!!! Here's to a prosperous 2010!

You can tell Nick is trying to give up smoking. He's got really grumpy! Next up is Barbara from the HR Team

Happy New Year to everyone, including our new starters who came in on the 29th for their first days training. It's been a very busy first week of this snowy New Year for us in HR; with lot's of recruitment activity going on throughout departments. We've also been coordinating the Performance Levelling Process and getting slides ready for next weeks Rally.

Matt's turn, who looks after our CPE/Routers

Happy new year! It's been a quiet time for CPE over the Christmas holidays. We've sent out far fewer routers than usual over the past 2 weeks because of all the extra bank holidays. There seems to have been some snow and cold weather over the past week (if you hadn't noticed), so we've had to keep a close eye on the conditions to make sure that our postal carrier is able to make deliveries on time. We are considering upgrading to a wireless N router for our standard CPE offering and we've been thinking about the best way to run a trial for these new routers. Have a good weekend.

And finally, James from the Customer support Centre

Firstly, Happy New Year from everyone in the Customer Support Centre, here in cold, dark Sheffield! This week the long hangovers from Christmas and the New Year celebrations have cleared so everybody has started calling us again! All those little niggling problems that weren't really important enough to care about over the festive period, seem a lot more important now. If I got a pound today for every time I've heard "it's been broken for two weeks" and it's the first time we have been told about it, I'd probably have two pounds! This, along with the havoc that the snow has caused means that we have had a busy week indeed! Not only did we have half of the CSC snowed in this week meaning less people manning the phones, we have also had the increased number of problems caused by the weather. With ADSL being rather delicate at times, it does like to behave a little like a Eurostar train when the temperatures drop... We seem to be coping well considering though, the people who have battled through the snow have done well to keep on top of the call volumes and the people who haven't been able to get in have been working hard on tickets raised from the comfort of their own home! We have also had a number of new faces appear in the CSC this week, which is helping smarten up the place a bit and is helping us greatly to get back on track and put us back in a much more comfortable place. Well that's enough jabbering from me, thank you for reading and have a good weekend!

Do you guys have any New Years Resolutions you'd like to share with us? One of mine is to start learning to drive again! And on that note, it's my home time. (well, technically it was over an hour ago, but *shrug*). Signing off! k

0 Thanks
2 Comments