cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Day: October 15th

Another week dawns in the PlusNet family. It's been a funny day for me. It's absolutely flown with various goings on. In the ISP world it's been an interesting day, with O2s new product release along with various businesses in our fora. We kick thigs off with EOD victim of choice, Darren, from Products: Another lovely Monday morning here in the products team, everyone is extremely busy. I nearly drew bloody trying to at my EOD out of them. Me: Today I have been doing my Monday reports, investigating some hardware issues and trying to find a place for our product team night out. Rich: Meetings, meeting and more meetings. Today I completed version 2 of the VoIP BETA trial programme, reviewed p&p charging and held a workshop regarding our server move in Telehouse. Shaun: Discussing impending server move and impact on internal reporting, further dashboard work, catching up after a couple of days off, churn analysis by vISP to see any impact of the brand consolidation, confirming various queries across different departments to ensure conformity. Ian: Informing some lucky customers that they have won a year of free broadband for filling out our customer survey. Mssr. Levitt (not French, so therefore jubilant), from Marketing, tells us the following: Today we've been carrying out some analysis on the Broadband Your Way page. For the last week or so we've been testing what effect the 'Looking for unlimited broadband?' link has on sign ups. Now we've got enough data we can see that the conversion rate is significantly higher when that link is visible (we'd been running split tests for a week, where the link was visible for some visitors but not for others). So, it looks like our message about unlimited broadband being a myth is having the desired effect, which is great news. We've also been preparing for 'In The Pink' day on Friday. Here in the office we'll be trying to raise as much money as possible for people affected by breast cancer, and we're encouraging staff to come dressed in pink so if you look at the webcams you might see some interesting outfits! Matt from Comms now: Today in Comms there has been much forum-ing, on the part of all members. To add a touch of spice Chris has visited Networks and has also started compiling the results of last months' customer satisfaction survey. Bob has been hot on the tail of the perfect VoIP service and talking to those punters that like to usenet, has been discussing the move of various services to a new data suite and all this while slowly dying of the man-flu. James has been investigating O2s new product along with a number of others (we need to know what we're up against after all) and clearing more tickets, whilst also trying to get someones line moved from one exchange to another. I have picked up todays problems in the absence of Mand. Andy, from the CSC said that their top 5 issues were: 1) Router config - Indications are that this is mainly down to not entering the realm part of the usernames. 2) Billing - Failed billing, updating payment details etc. . (higher than usuall probably because its Monday) 3) Fault updates/Reporting - Requesting updates on existing faults and diagnosing / raising new ones. 4) E-Mail config / client issues / generic mail issues. 5) Prov updates / requests - Hardware delivery, order progress updates and resumittion checks / requests. PJ, from the Content Team: Meanwhile, over at Web Team HQ, Jonny's design gurus have had their crayons out, colouring in a new skin for the Community Site. We've also been working on building improvements to the Broadband Your Way product page for our colleagues in Marketing. Other items have included Home Phone, reseller and problem fixes. James, our Graduate PHP developer, has continued his investigations into Splunk. He assures us he'll be able to demonstrate it to us tomorrow - I'll tell you how it goes in the Tues EOD then. TTFN Unfortunately, that's all from us today. Some of our departments have been so busy, they just haven't managed to find time for an EOD posting. We'll chase up on them tomorrow though. Mondays are always manic! See you next time, James

0 Thanks
0 Comments