cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Day: 3rd June

The trouble with only packing an overnight bag is that the weather can turn from warm and dry to cold and wet overnight. And I won't be back home until tomorrow. At least the air conditioning is behaving itself better these days. I've been playing cards with people today... sorting them, that is. By asking volunteers to sort cards containing different page names into logical stacks, we can learn how to better categorise the website. Andy has made a nice glossary of terms for the support section. James has been trying out JavaScript live search plugins and getting the improved Flickr plugin live (you can download it from the Open Source page). Colin's been continuing with yesterday's WordPress database enhancements and Google Mini search problems. And finally today Kelly gave Jonny a break but Pete picked on him instead. Mand from Comms has this to say:

Afternoon from the wonderful, and very hectic world of Comms. Today Comms have been rarer than a very rare thing, with only me, Chris and James in the office. Chris has been both himself and Bob for the day, handling all the network comms, change controls and general queries. I also spied him in the forums and our newsgroups earlier, and rumour has it he made a foray into uk.silver.surfers (surely a job for Mark? :P). James has been in his new home with the sales team, helping them out with queries, along with manning the forums. He also earnestly told me he answered 'millions' of PM's, although I think this may be a slight exaggeration. I have been handling development communications today, which has been quite hectic. Luckily a fair few of the projects I'm on are progressing nicely, which is always good to see. I've also been working through the problems raised internally, making sure they're actual problems and prioritising them for our development team to work through.

Marc from the LCST (Live Code Support Team):

We started the day like all others by holding a video-conference with our new team in Poland. This along with instant access via Skype or instant messaging really does make the team feel like they could be at the next desk... though they keep reminding us that it's 30 degrees and dry over there Sad Today has been about making progress with our high priority problem fixes, and looking after change controls. Elsewhere in Development we're making good progress with bug fixes following out last project roll-out and have been working on some improvements to allow us to monitor our systems better and help plan any future upgrades.

Martyn from Marketing says:

Very quick update from marketing today. We've been prototyping webpages for a new promotion, while also attending a number of meetings on various projects. There's been some work on affiliate marketing and our new team member Amy has been continuing her induction. See you tomorrow.
0 Thanks
1 Comment