cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Day: 17th June

End of day Wikipedia factoid: today is the birthday of Ruth Wakefield, inventor of the chocolate chip cookie. Three cheers for Ruth! In other news... In the Web Team, Myself, Sam & Jonny spent a good part of the day drawing ideas for the new My Account which Sam has now started turning into wireframes. Kelly went to the dentist after breaking a tooth in his sleep. James released the WordPress Twitter plugin and Rupert's been fixing a referrals problem. Rizwan from Networks:

It was quieter than usual here in Networks today, the focus has been to resolve problems. We started the day with an issue with our DNS platform which lead to problems with delayed mail, this was resolved quickly, through out the day I have been working on various problems related to our platform. Here is what the rest of the team has been up to. Adey: Finally back from holidays, been catching up with updates and participating in Euro 2008 fantasy game. Ben: Working on a problem related to broadband usage platform. Mike: Been very busy with various projects and updates. Josh: Has been busy with PCI compliance projects. Simon: Had an early start doing upgrade on storage platform. Alan: Being our resident DB legend, Alan has been busy keeping an eye on various monitoring aspects. Russ: Russ has been busy with problems and monitoring. Richard: Been busy monitoring and doing housekeeping tasks very efficiently. Dan: Dan has been single handedly facing customer questions and responding to Abuse reports. Denis: Been working on infrastructre update planning and attending related meetings. Mark: Working on database reports and tasks. John R: Planning for reporting platform and various service offers. Carl: Working on network planning and upgrades, Ellacoya platform resilience planning. John P was to referee a football match, for which no one turned up, shocking!!! just goes to show, we will even give up football all in the name of football.
0 Thanks
1 Comment
1 Comment