cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you want to be a record breaker? Get Firefox 3

Next Tuesday – June 17 – Firefox 3 will be officially launched with an attempt to break the Guinness World Record for most software downloads in 24 hours. For those of you who don’t know (probably not many of you), Firefox is an open-source web browser to rival Microsoft’s Internet Explorer. Firefox 3 is the latest version and promises increased security and speedy performance – find out more at the Spread Firefox site. If you’re interested in downloading this software, you could play your part in a genuine world record attempt. Firefox are hoping to set the record for the most software downloads in 24 hours, so just by downloading the software you can help. June 17th has been dubbed ‘Download Day’ and more than 1 million people have already pledged to download the latest version of the browser. Some people are even organising Firefox 3 parties to get into the record breaking spirit and we’ll be taking part here in the PlusNet office. Find out if there’s a party near you at the Mozilla Party site. If there isn’t, you can still be a record breaker from home or the office, I’m sure there’ll be plenty of other PlusNet customers joining you. Firefox 3 should be available for download on Tuesday from the Spread Firefox site.

0 Thanks
4 Comments
4 Comments
axisofevil1
Not applicable
I've been running Linux versions of Firefox 3 Beta 5, followed by Firefox RC1 for months now. I haven't spotted a single bug.
xpcomputers
Grafter
I'll be downloading this and also visiting my parents to do the same.
orbrey1
Not applicable
/me taps his watch (at least I would do, if I wore one) Come on guys...
Be3G
Grafter
Just as a point of information for anyone reading this, 6pm is the time FF3 is scheduled to be available for download.