cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Satisfaction

Customer Satisfaction

Customer Satisfaction

Hi, I'm Luke and I'm one of the Operation Managers in the Customer Support Centre (CSC). My role is to help run the Support Centre for PlusNet. There are two Ops Managers here and we look after a team of 8 Managers who own specific areas, such as Faults, Customer Service, Provisioning, Technical Support etc.... We recently won this & this. We are all genuinely proud of this recognition as it shows the hard work, everyone at PlusNet Towers has put in to get us back to the award winning business we know we are. However as the regular readers will know we do a monthly collation and post of our customer satisfaction feedback survey. February's can be found here. Looking at customer satisfaction over the last year has seen a good climb. You can see the trend of Customer Satisfaction and Dissatisfaction on the following graphs: Customer Satisfaction Customer Dissatisfaction Obviously both lines are heading in the right direction. We want more happy customers and less unhappy customers. We don't want any unhappy customers, but we are realistic and know from experience that this will never be zero percent, although I and the CSC strive to make it so. With February's survey, customers who marked their PlusNet experience as Very Dissatisfied or Extremely Dissatisfied, we performed the following: Firstly we rang all of them. Needless to say our customers all welcomed the call to check the issue was now resolved. The majority of theses customers had the issue/fault resolved and were now very happy. But how do we prevent further customers from being unhappy? I looked at the reasons that the dissatisfied customers gave and split the reasons given, into relevant sections: Customer Dissatisfaction Breakdown It was not intentionally symmetrical. I deliberately split out Speed Faults and other Faults because we are currently trialling a new speed fault process to improve the customer experience during a speed fault. If they are split out, it will be easier to measure success in this area. We will then tackle all other faults processes specifically month by month, until all have the least customer impact. The IVR system (the phone system that customers get to, to select which area of customer support they want to speak to) was mentioned as not having a human voice (it is I assure you) and also being difficult to navigate. We reviewed the IVR paths 18 months ago, but will be repeating the exercise in the near future to ensure these are customer friendly. You may even hear a new voice based on the feedback given!! The "Ext CSC Ticket" section, were tickets raised to the different departments outside of the CSC, like Networks, Finance & Development. These are all singular customer issues and obviously important, but due to resource the departments concerned were working on problems or critical projects. We have fed back and are looking to resolve this issue moving forward. The last area is Support. This is down to the CSC and the area where we can make the most impact. Some of the issues are training needs, both individual and departmental, but some are down to the message that has to be given. The analyst may have done their job correctly, but the message is bad news, for example, telling a customer they must wait for capacity at their exchange before we can supply ADSL. Customers can and do sometimes perceive this as bad support even though we couldn't have done anything differently. So, although Customer Satisfaction is on the up and we have won a fair few awards recently, we will not rest on our laurels and we still have a long way to go until we have almost no customers dissatisfied. That is one of our main focuses for this year. Thanks for reading Luke Horwath PS: Chris will shortly post the March's Customer Satisfaction Summary (although a sneak preview to the results are in the graphs above)!

0 Thanks
9 Comments
9 Comments
carol
Excellent insight to how we work Great results all round, lets keep it up Carol
Dan
Grafter
finally got around to reading this interesting blog, cheers luke. just one request: can you add a key to the line graphs?
RockinRufus
Not applicable
I have been with you a few years now and really found you by accident. I do feel well qualified to speak on this subject and from day one right up to now I have found your customer service to be unbeatable. Yes, there are cheaper, 'better' ISP's around - but their customer service can not be as good as yours!!! Brilliant keep up the good work - regards - Dave J
Julie_Riseborou
Not applicable
I was absolutely delighted with the sign up process and support but two things concern me: 1. In the latest newsletter you state that everyone that calls the support centre gets surveyed on satisfaction. I guess you can clarify that for me but I was waiting for you to send me a survey since joining in March when I called twice to ask for assistance with set up (both experiences brilliant!) and the surveys never came. I then went onto the website thinking that I could regsiter a compliment/positive feedback - no such luck so I'm joining a discssion forum as I see you monitor the comments! Poor show PlusNet - surely you must be used to positive feedback by now? So why not invite it? For example by telling me how I can send you a compliment. 2. The language of the newsletter is rather defensive - you report satisfaction but refer to customers "claiming" dissatisfaction. Whilst I am a very satisfied customer I doubt I'd be happy if I did voice dissatisfaction then read your newsletter - why don't you also state that customers are "claiming" satisfaction. Customer experience is personal and not always objective - and it is evident that you have a healthy attitude to negative feedback so please ask the newsletter editor to drop the defensive language as it just causes me concern!
chrisc
Aspiring Pro
Hi Julie, Thanks for stopping by and giving us some valuable feedback. In March every person that called the support centre from a number registered on their account should have been sent a link to the survey. If you called from a different number or have your number witheld for example then the phone system won't have recognised it. We've just changed the way that the survey is sent out, and it's no longer linked to the phone number you call from. 1/5 of all callers now receive a link to the survey - so we are getting around 50% more responses than previously. We do have a customer testimonials page - www.plus.net/testimonials and we are looking at ways to make this more interactive and allow people to submit their comments. (If you want to submit a testimonial for the page then feel free to drop me a PM). I'm involved in editing and putting together the newsletter each month and appreciate the comments regarding the language used to report the 'unsatisfied' reponses of the survey. I'll make sure that we change the language appropriately in future issues. If you've got any more questions or concerns then please let me know. Chris
Yvonne_Liston
Not applicable
I am finding my response time very slow. I have received warnings about my usage on downloads. I do not download very much, not music,pictures etc. Can you therefore explain to me how or why I might have a high usage, so that I can address this problem. No one else now shares this computer with me, and if I am doing something wrong which is using up my time unnecessarily I would be grateful for some advice.
Chris
Legend
Hi Yvonne, I've had a look at your account and can't see any obvious days where you have used more than others. It seems pretty consistent across the course of the month. The usage on your account doesn't just mean downloads that you save on to your computer, browsing to websites and watching online content such as iPlayer uses your allowance up. You can see what kind of traffic is being used across your connection at this link:- https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/index.php You should also make sure that if you are using a wireless router it's as secure as possible by setting a passphrase, the router instructions should tell you how to do this. There is also this handy tool to calculate how much you may use each month on your connection:- http://mybroadbandusage.co.uk/usage_calculator.html If you find yourself using more usage and it's costing you more than £14.99 per month I'd suggest moving to the next package up, Option 2, this will give plenty of allowance for your current usage habits. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to get in touch. Kind Regards, Chris Parr
Not applicable
[...] Interestingly the IVR makes up 17% of the feedback we got from recent surveys. You can read more around this here http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/04/18/customer-satisfaction/ [...]
Not applicable
[...] recently published the results of our March customer satisfaction survey and a review of the improvements over the last 12 months. In the coming year we will be dealing with the causes of dissatisfaction – the little things [...]