cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Satisfaction: Results from June 2008

During each month we randomly a sample of customers who have called in to complete a survey on the quality of the support they have received. The feedback and results received help us to identify areas for improvement and training within the Customer Support Centre (CSC). This month we sent out 3009 surveys and received nearly 10% of those back completed. This means that 0.7% of all customers that contacted the CSC during June gave us feedback on the support levels. It's important for us to highlight these figures to allow the results shown to be taken in context. Right, on we go with the graphs. Nature Of Call First up this month is the Nature of Call graph, this simply shows the types of calls we are receiving into the CSC over the course of a month. The graph shows that the amount of faults calls has reduced which could well be due to the dedicated faults team who were recently introduced. The amount of sales calls has increased which can only be a good thing. Nature Of Call Call Wait Time It doesn't matter what you are calling about, you want the phone answered quickly all the time. The Call Wait Time graph shows that the more of you are having to wait 5 minutes or more compared to previous months. This isn't the way we want the graph to look so we'll be working hard to get this improved next month. Call Wait Time Agent Greeting If you've been waiting 5 seconds or 5 minutes the first thing you hear when we answer the phone is the greeting from the CSC agent, often this can set the tone for the whole call. A very high number of you are satisfied or higher with the greeting you receive when you call us, with the positives outweighing the negatives by a large amount. Agent Greeting DPA Check Are you who you say you are? Well that's our job to find out at the start of the call. This graph is showing continued improvement month to month on this, with less than 2.5% stating that they didn't have a DPA (data protection) check. DPA Check Agent Confidence If we are confident in the answers we are giving you, then you'll be more confident that we are giving you the correct information. Once again this is an area we are excelling in with the amount of satisfieds far outnumbering the dissatisfied results. Agent Confidence Overall Service So how did we perform? On the whole you can see the results are in the positive, however this doesn't mean that we are sitting back and resting. There are always areas for improvement and we are continuing to look into any aspects of the service we can improve on. Overall Service Overall Service Trend Following the trend graph from previous months, here is the updated version showing the customer satisfaction and dissatisfaction figures for the month. Trend graph As always, thanks for reading and I'll be back soon with more results. Chris.

0 Thanks
15 Comments
15 Comments
s_d_c
Dabbler
Without wishing to draw the attention away from the results (60% very to extremely satisfied - marvellous!), where do you get the 0.4% of all people that called CSC responded to the questionnaire? If you randomly select 1 out of 5 customers to send a questionnaire (i.e. 20%), and of these, approx. 10% responded, surely this is 2% of everyone that called in the month? Or does this not allow for customers that may call in more than once in the period (which would be a lot to reduce it from 2% to 0.4%)?
Chris
Legend
Good question ;) The system actually sends an email to 1 in every 5 customers that have called in AND a contact left by a CSC agent on their account. Therefore the number is actually lower than 1 in 5. I've updated the intro to the blog to remove this confusion. Also I noticed that it was actually 0.7% and not 0.4%. It will also only send each customer 1 survey link within a 24 hour period. So even if the customer calls in 10 times during a day they will only receive 1 survey.
s_d_c
Dabbler
Thanks for clearing that up Chris!
Michael_Leander
Not applicable
Hello and a big thank you, to Carol Axe and all the PLUS NET Team no matter what your position at plus net. Why am I diong this, its because I have many disabilities, I am also deaf, and you all at Plus Net have enlightin my life so much, yes im dyslexic as well. If you want a more glowing report contact me. Mad Mike.
Chris
Legend
Thanks for the great comments Mike, nice to hear the good comments too.
warren
Not applicable
I would just like to say that the customer support I have been recieving has been up untill last week very good indeed. However, The lasst 2 calls I have had have ended up in much frustration from my end. Seems like Im talking to a computer. I am a long standing customer now, over 5 years, but no-one seems to care!. I acidently went over my quota, first time, never even knew I had one, and there is abosulty nothing I can do about it. I desperately need internet from home, but I have to now wait till the end of my billing period to get speeds faster then the 120kps I have been limited to now, I can't even synch my outlook.. I think Im leaving Plusnet, I have refered so many peole to this providor. I have been treated very poorly and do not think I deserve it. I have complained, but based on my last 2 calls I doubt I will get a call back. If I do I will be sure to update you. I dont expect much, just some form of customer retention/service with such a competetive broadband enviroment
warren
Not applicable
I would just like to say that I have now recieved some excellent support via a call back. I have been called back by the manager, James, who has great people skills. Perhaps I had been spekaing to 2 people who were either new , did not know what they were doing or did not undertsand. I really appreciate this support. Good to see Plusnet taking long standing customers serisouly, this was my first support query in 5 years. Glad this has been sorted out now.
Kelly
Hero
Brilliant! (well, apart from the problems in the first place) I'm sure someone is re-educating as I type.
Gerard_Larkin
Not applicable
So far so good, had a bit of a hitch to start with a longer waiting time for my cable router, but i believe this was a supplier fault? as far as custumer service, well not bad, not good either, but then iam only a new customer, always time for improvments.
dayvell
Not applicable
I have today attempted to get broadband 'phone assistance on the 0845 number - I think 20minute wait time is far too long, since I'm paying for every one of those minutes - in the end I put the phone down. This is NOT customer service, it is customer dis-service! If broadband is inaccessible, there is no point in having an online Q&A is there????Huh
Chris
Legend
Hi Dayvell, Sorry to hear that you had a long wait to get through, we've been extremely busy in the CSC this week. We do have an 0114 geographic number that shouldn't cost you as much to call (alot of call plans will give this free) in future. * Customer Support: 0114 296 5198 | 0845 140 0200 * Broadband Faults Helpline: 0114 296 5188 | 0845 140 0080
mitchell20
Grafter
I see once again there's no ticket response satisfaction surveys. Why is this? Have PN got something to hide?
Chris
Legend
Hi James, No, we haven't got anything to hide. As we have mentioned on the last couple of time you've posted this the survey is designed to measure the quality of calls. Tickets are measured in a different manner via the smiley face ratings you select once the issue is resolved.
Not applicable
[...] keep you updated with our regular blogs and newsletters.  We’ll continue to publish our Customer Satisfaction results, the latest of which is due in the next couple of [...]
Not applicable
[...] wish to see the results of the last customer satisfaction survey, please go to the following link: http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/07/09/customer-satisfaction-results-from-june-2008/ Bookmark [...]