cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Satisfaction: Results from April 2008

The purpose of the Customer Feedback Survey is to facilitate a better understanding of what our customers think of the service they receive from the Customer Support Centre (CSC). Customer feedback will be utilised to identify areas for improvement within the department, it also provides a feedback mechanism on the performance of individual agents. 7601 surveys have been submitted (via email) to PlusNet customers that have called the CSC. 2.5% of the surveys were completed which represents a sample size of 0.4% of all customers that have had telephone contact with a CSC agent last month. It is important to highlight these statistics in order to allow the data presented within this report to be taken in context. Although the results gathered from the survey are a random sample of customers that have spoken to a CSC agent, the results do represent a very small sample of the total calls handled within the CSC during the month. The graphs below represent a selection of the questions asked to the customers to demonstrate the differing types of feedback we receive each month. Type Of Query Nature of call In the CSC there are a number of different skill sets for the analysts. The options selected during the IVR (phone menu) will route you to the correct person to deal with your query. Call Wait Time Unfortunately this month the wait times have increased slightly. To combat this the CSC has now been restructured to ensure there are enough staff with the relevant skillsets on shift during the busy periods. Extended Wait Message When you call us and there is a wait on the phone we like to ensure that you know this. As suggested in James' recent blog, we will soon be advising customers of how long they can expect to wait before their call is answered. Agent Greeting Once you have passed through the IVR the first thing you hear is the greeting, this is the first impression you get and can often set the tone for the whole call. It is imperative that the analyst is welcoming and has a helpful attitude. Agent Empathy If you have an ongoing query you want to know that the person dealing with your issue understands the problems this is causing and empathises with you. We train the CSC staff in soft skills to ensure they can provide this to you. Agent Rating The staff in the CSC have QoS (Quality of Service) testing performed on them on a regular basis. This training is paying off as the results show. First Time Fix In many instances an issue can be resolved in the first contact to the support centre. Obviously with more complex issues and faults this isn't always the case but we aim to resolve as many calls as possible the first time. Overall Service Once again we have achieved a new high for the level of customer satisfaction, with the dissat staying under 10%. We have also started to analyse the comments on the survey in more detail and contact the customers in the instances where the situation wasn't handled well or there was room for improvement. So if you do get one of these surveys please be honest and let us know what you think in the comments section! Overall Service Trend I've also added a new graph on this month, this one shows the Overall Service in a trend graph so you can see the improvements month to month. The blue line is the level of customer satisfaction and the purple line is the dissat level. Thanks for reading the results of this survey. I'll return next month with another update. Chris.

0 Thanks
5 Comments
5 Comments
mitchell20
Grafter
Again you are only focusing on customer satisifaction from customers calling you. What about ticket responses? Why dont these receive the same level of analysis?
Chris
Legend
@James IIRC you asked a similar question on the last 2 months' surveys, I’ll paste my answer in below for you. The questions are structured to ascertain how the agent performed on the phone, some of the questions would be irrelevant for ticket responses. When customers close the ticket after the issue is resolved they can rate the response and add comments if required, these are picked up and checked for quality to ensure that any poor rated tickets are improved in future. I'll see if I can get someone to blog about the ticket responses and how customers are rating these.
carol
We do measure ticket responses and a blog was posted on this about 6 months ago, if I can find this I'll post a link. We use a smiley face system for rating tickets and review the feedback daily to immediately identify and address issues.
carol
Try this link http://community.plus.net/blog/2007/06/15/quality-of-customer-support/ It looks like we could do with more info on this blogging, When I get back in next week, then I'll set someone on with this for you so watch this space Smiley
Chris
Legend
There is also this blog from Simon:- http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/03/25/customer-contacts-into-the-plusnet-csc/